5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

Bram2019

Reaction score
Mine is USA-KR-SBX-20.16.0-20180703-K0AC
Another guy who is on the outside edge for the recall. If you are in 3/36 you might be eligible for a regular update depending on your vin. The dealer should run your vin on the dealer uconnect site and see if there is an update. If you are out of 3/36, need to hope for an OTA or possbly pay for an update. Might get you to 28.1

coldmist

Reaction score
Another guy who is on the outside edge for the recall. If you are in 3/36 you might be eligible for a regular update depending on your vin. The dealer should run your vin on the dealer uconnect site and see if there is an update. If you are out of 3/36, need to hope for an OTA or possbly pay for an update. Might get you to 28.1
I'm still within 3/36. They checked my VIN just 2 weeks ago and said no update.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid question, as I have never had an OTA update, when does it ask you if you want to update ? At startup or shutdown or somewhere in between.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stupid question, as I have never had an OTA update, when does it ask you if you want to update ? At startup or shutdown or somewhere in between.
I think it’s just a random thing, mine popped up after my 5 minute commute when coming home for lunch and was complete when I went back to work.

Reaction score
I have not received any updates as of today. I did receive an email from Syrius a month ago saying an update was ready (and would also update my Pandora with the 'like' feature), but I have had no luck. I assume this is the same update the fixes the 'online' issue and updates the maps.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I still never received any update as well. If you're on N0GL and 18.27 version we might not get any update until we go to the dealer and complain.

RJS

Reaction score
Mine has been updating over the air, usually within a couple weeks of the updates showing up on the forum. Pandora works also as I can set channels.

The newest update was about two weeks ago.

19 Laramie 1/19 build
S/N - CNCS28NOGL
Software version - 20.04.19
Boot Micro - 20.04.01

triadpc7605

Reaction score
So, here's what I did, so your mileage may vary. I researched this forum and found the TSBs for the amp update, radio update, and TCM/PCM update for the hard downshift. I submitted a service request to my local dealer and explained my concerns (that are addressed by the TSBs). I printed out the TSBs and gave them to the dealer and they fixed all of the items on the list with software updates.

Before software update version: 18.27.17 (boot micro version: 18.26.01) - EQ version - 3.4
Before application update version: USA-KR-SBX-20.16.0-20180703-K0AC

After software update version: 18.45.40 (boot micro version: 18.44.01) - EQ version - 4.1
After application update version: USA-SBX-12.1-NR-28.1.0-20181108-N0G1

So far, things seems to be better, the factory amp is now cranking, so I may hold off on adding a 10" sub and dedicated amp later down the road.

Last edited:

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, here's what I did, so your mileage may vary. I researched this forum and found the TSBs for the amp update, radio update, and TCM/PCM update for the hard downshift. I submitted a service request to my local dealer and explained my concerns (that are addressed by the TSBs). I printed out the TSBs and gave them to the dealer and they fixed all of the items on the list with software updates.

Before software update version: 18.27.17 (boot micro version: 18.26.01) - EQ version - 3.4

After software update version: 18.45.40 (boot micro version: 18.44.01) - EQ version - 4.1

So far, things seems to be better, the factory amp is now cranking, so I may hold off on adding a 10" sub and dedicated amp later down the road.
This is what I did to get up to 18.45.40 and I swear that helped me put into position to finally get the most recent OTA updates. With 18.27.17 I fear I would have been stuck like others.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

is there a post or a number to reference the TSB you mentioned?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 5 videos that show issues with my radio. I took it to my dealer and showed them all the videos, and they said I had about 5 updates they needed to apply to my radio. Said it would take another day to do all the updates. Here's to hoping I get a new version of software. Pisses me off the ota wasnt pushed out to everyone. It would have save me time. Oh well. Ill post my version after I get my truck back.

Sibian

Reaction score
bought the truck in sept last year and i have never recieved an update. but it all seems to work fine except the Guardian app will not start the truck remotely... Unless im sitting in it and its been within a couple of hours since it was last running.

Attachments

• 2020-06-01 16.17.23.jpg
    2020-06-01 16.17.23.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 39

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
bought the truck in sept last year and i have never recieved an update. but it all seems to work fine except the Guardian app will not start the truck remotely... Unless im sitting in it and its been within a couple of hours since it was last running.

Next time to get an oil change you might want to let them know about any radio issues you have. I think a lot of times they hold back updates unless they see there's a problem and maybe an update would help resolve your issue. It's worth a shot.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is the version my dealer upgraded me to after 2 days at the shop. I'm a little frustrated I didn't get a more recent version. Oh well maybe I will get in line for the OTA update.

@RamCares if I was updated to 18.45.40 can I now get the Ota?
20200602_100009.jpg

Reactions: Jtr

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the version my dealer upgraded me to after 2 days at the shop. I'm a little frustrated I didn't get a more recent version. Oh well maybe I will get in line for the OTA update.

View attachment 57902

Bought the truck last Sept and it came with that version, received 1st OTA around early this year then did backup camera recall last month which bring it up to date, mine build date is 06/19

Txmade

Reaction score

View attachment 57902
I had my oil changed two weeks ago and asked to get my software updated and this is the same version I got . I have never got a ota update .

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 57902
I got the same dealer USB update last year and I think that allowed me to get the most recent update on my '19 in late winter. My fear is uconnect does the mass OTA updates by region at any given time and if you didn't have the right software at that time, then you won't get it. It would help if they would just be transparent with how they do the OTAs and also allow complimentary USB downloads over the internet or allow the dealer service centers to update the software to the most recent 12" version.

Users who are viewing this thread