5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

SemperGumby

Reaction score
Update finished and truck hasn't blown up yet.
Software version: 20.06.13
BootMicro version: 20.04.01
EQ version: 4.1
IMG_20200719_193721~2.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
These updates are like death...when it's your time, they'll come looking for you and then, and only then, will you get the update...

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine did as well, just now. Yes, Mobile hot spot and 18.27.17

note, when you turn off your truck, have the door closed or the screen turns off to fast to answer

jsampsell

Reaction score
Was about to update here and see that I'm not the first...which is good.

I couldn’t tell you for sure but it does seem like there is a difference, and a good one at that. I’ve had to bring my Mids up while before I felt like I needed to run them down a bit. Overall, it seems like whatever they did brought more clarity to the upper mids and highs. It also feels like the soundstage has been raised to the dash whereas before it seemed to draw some of the frequencies down to the doors.

I have the HK system with everything stock except for an amp and subs, with the stock sub still in place but unplugged. I also have the LLJ Customs ANC bypass harness installed at the moment.

It doesn't look like any on-screen options changed. But I'm sure that has been covered here before now. I dismissed this back in May as possibly never going to happen so I haven't read anything more recent.

N0GL_18.27.17.jpg N0GL_20.06.13.jpg

jsampsell

Reaction score
Shutdown for me too. I noticed it just as I was pulling the handle to get out and didn’t catch it in time. Cycled through the start options without turning over the engine and it prompted again.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pulled up and shut off in the driveway after running to the grocery store. Got the notification and let it update while I unloaded.

I'll have to see if the truck is a pile of goo in the driveway when I check on it in a few.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody know what's new with this version? The instructions on the screen say to hit the Assist button and then select Vehicle Care. I tried it, but the truck is acting like I never activated the feature.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know what's new with this version? The instructions on the screen say to hit the Assist button and then select Vehicle Care. I tried it, but the truck is acting like I never activated the feature.
Same here. Mine confirmed the update (my first ever OTA) and prompted to hit the Assist button for more details. Then...crickets. I’m thinking maybe I’ll need to wait a day or two, until most of these updates have been pushed out.

smashweights

Reaction score
Well they must have finally figured this out. Got to work this morning and got my first prompt ever. Fingers crossed as I wasn't having any issues before...
IMG_20200720_071852.jpg

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It did same thing to me right after updated, give it some time and it will back to normal(everything will show activated like before)

Users who are viewing this thread