5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Maxtrac lowering installation

Clv22p

Reaction score
I messaged Maxtrac about their control arms and they said end of June best case.

The Borla will certainly not work. I noticed today that it was already whacked back out of alignment today after fixing it this weekend. Sucks because I love the sound of it, and worry I won’t get the same from another system.

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I messaged Maxtrac about their control arms and they said end of June best case.

The Borla will certainly not work. I noticed today that it was already whacked back out of alignment today after fixing it this weekend. Sucks because I love the sound of it, and worry I won’t get the same from another system.

I wonder if there is any way you can take the pipe to a place that does exhaust and they could reshape that section. Maybe make it oval. Just a thought.

CDN Billet

Reaction score
I just did the MaxTrac/Spohn combo on mine. I did 1.5” up front and 3” rear. Did you notice any difference side to side? My passenger side sits 3/8”-1/2” higher than the driver side on front and back. I figured fuel tank accounted for back, but can’t figure out why on front. Reconfirmed that the same 1.5” slots are the same on both sides.
How did you get 3" in the rear? Cut the 2" drop coils?

wizzle335

Reaction score
How did you get 3" in the rear? Cut the 2" drop coils?
I called MaxTrac or whomever their direct seller is and asked about the option. They have a 4th Gen coil that is -3" so they replaced the 4" from the kit with a 3" one. I just clocked my coils after some jounce and now it rides great!

Raildog87

Reaction score
Anyone have or ordered the Belltech drop coilovers?
Talked to consumer service today and they said they have the parts to make them and have 18 set's on order.

The 2/4 drop is still no were to be found and still aways out.There focused on the new Broncos at the moment.

Decided to just piece a Maxtrac kit with all the recommendations from the site with possible Belltech coilovers.

crazycrew

Reaction score
Anyone have or ordered the Belltech drop coilovers?
Talked to consumer service today and they said they have the parts to make them and have 18 set's on order.

The 2/4 drop is still no were to be found and still aways out.There focused on the new Broncos at the moment.

Decided to just piece a Maxtrac kit with all the recommendations from the site with possible Belltech coilovers.
We had the BT coilovers on our previous Yukon XL denali. Absolutely hated them. Rode terrible. Stiff as heck.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Were they the fully adjustable ones, like they make for the ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
@ferraiolo1 how has the ride quality been since you've had it for awhile. I just hauled a bunch of concrete blocks in the back of my truck and I really liked the lowered look.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I still have no regrets. Going to the race track next Friday so I’ll have close to 1k in bikes in the bed plus four people and gear in the truck. So I’ll report back how it does with the airbags and 30ish psi.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Those who lowered. Check the routing of your harness/vent tubes above the rear axle.

2nd pic is is how I zip tied them out of the way.

8c6d435446729a494539f7af0f3d94ae.jpg

6b1d50d3bac9483984f44cc77cf0ff00.jpg

Last edited:

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those who lowered. Check the routing of your harness/vent tubes above the rear axle.

2nd pic is is how I zip tied them out of the way.

8c6d435446729a494539f7af0f3d94ae.jpg

6b1d50d3bac9483984f44cc77cf0ff00.jpg

What am I looking at here?

1lowcab

Reaction score
There is a harness and vent tube that goes up between the rear axle and exhaust. Once you lower it it brings the exhaust in very close proximity to the harness/tube.
I haven't checked mine yet, been raining all day, but I imagine its probably touched.

Users who are viewing this thread