5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Maxtrac lowering installation

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe they do. They post on their social media regularly to have local people come in with trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Maxtrac messaged me, they have a limited supply of UCAs for $415ish. They will Get more next month.

295b9d33820bf7b0dd6dae40537ad29a.jpg

7c3e11c1606586c91776986bce6537f7.jpg

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
so we have to wait till next month is what your saying? im looking on the website not seeing any?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Per the airlift data, they can level a truck with 1000lbs in the bed.

Well I loaded two street bikes and the axle, and spohn bar were hitting my factory exhaust parts even with 35psi in the bags. It was squatting 1.5in lower than the front.

So I had to just take one bike to the track. And at that point it was sitting about .5 lower in the back. So I’ll have to figure out a better solution for hauling the bikes.
f7e9e0d1230b49bd01a031db3b88a3d8.jpg

1a1d1a66a3412d7188d088107c95a981.png

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Per the airlift data, they can level a truck with 1000lbs in the bed.

Well I loaded two street bikes and the axle, and spohn bar were hitting my factory exhaust parts even with 35psi in the bags. It was squatting 1.5in lower than the front.

So I had to just take one bike to the track. And at that point it was sitting about .5 lower in the back. So I’ll have to figure out a better solution for hauling the bikes.
f7e9e0d1230b49bd01a031db3b88a3d8.jpg

1a1d1a66a3412d7188d088107c95a981.png

This is why I have been putting off lowing my truck for quite some time. I want to do a 2/4 drop, but still need to be able to haul/tow. I was waiting to see what Beltech was going to do, but I’ve since all but given up that they will ever do any kits for our trucks. I’ve been doing a lot of research and have been looking at the Timber Grove CRM 6K lb. air bags. These kits replace the rear springs and can be raised and lowered depending on load. The problem is that I can’t find anyone who has done this in a 2/4 drop build. Here is my issue. If I get the 4” lowering bags, how will the truck sit at what air pressure? Is the 4” with no air, recommended air, full? Then how will it ride at the air pressure required to keep the truck level? Should I do the 5” lowering bags and then air them up to raise it to a 4” drop to keep the truck level. If I do that, how will that ride be. If I do their kit, it will include the on-board air kit that self adjusts and self levels side to side. I know ride quality is subjective, and the ride quality will always suffer some when lowering, I just don’t want to hate the ride after spending a lot of money and time lowering.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Heres what I did.
Get yourself a Harbor Freight folding trailer, I found mine used on Facebook marketplace for 200 bucks.
It will haul anything you need and it will fold up into a neat, small package that stows away in an unused corner.
Its a very small footprint when folded.
It has stake pockets so you can add sides to it and it tilts for easy loading.

I have used the ever living heck out of mine, the handiest trailer I have ever owned.
Get yourself the Maxtrac 2/4 kit and enjoy the smooth, comfortable ride.

Not my pics.
58736286-M.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will haul anything you need and it will fold up into a neat, small package that stows away in an unused corner.
Its a very small footprint when folded.
It has stake pockets so you can add sides to it and it tilts for easy loading.

I have used the ever living heck out of mine, the handiest trailer I have ever owned.
Get yourself the Maxtrac 2/4 kit and enjoy the smooth, comfortable ride.

Not my pics.
View attachment 133098
Whatever the max capacity of that trailer is wouldn’t concern me with causing any issues with a lowered truck. When I meant tow/haul, I meant heavy stuff like a bed full of dirt, rocks or anything else that is very heavy including this, which requires my 18’ flatbed car hauler. I don’t think that trailer will cut it.

771DF61B-ADC0-4674-AC7F-5D7EB86476FB.jpeg 78FEB6C9-DC90-4FF2-8FAB-DD8E97541989.jpeg

1lowcab

Reaction score
I use the trailer for rocks and dirt, I wouldn't want them dumping a bucket of 57 in the back of my truck at the quarry!!!😬

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I don’t want a trailer, nor do I have room for one. And when I travel to bike events if you have a trailer you have to park it in a special lot away from the hotels and condos.

I shall figure out a way to haul 1k lbs and keep it lowered

Clv22p

Reaction score
Timbergrove seems like it might be the way to go. Can’t wait to see what you do. I’m sure it’s going to be awesome!

Shives

Reaction score
Yup….. I want this now…. I’m sold. I was going to level the front. But I want to now drop the back, to match the front rake. I run a motorcycle shop, tow and haul in the back… so I’m worried about the 2/4 drop. But dropping the rear, and maybe finding a set of 22’s will fill the wheel wheels nice

Yet, that drop you’ve done look amazing. sooooo maybe I’ll just pull the trigger on these!?

Love the information.. and keeping an eye out. Thanks for all the write ups.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
So after doing a lot of research…. And adding up everything I would haul to a bike event, plus two street bikes, I’m skirting my payload capacity ( shakes fits in air and curses etorque )

I can easily haul both dual sports. And gear.

But two street bikes, all the gear/luggage/two hound dogs, and the wife. It’s too much. We will just ride one street bike if we travel. I’ll keep the airbags I have in it now and call it a day.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What made you choose 22” wheels over 24”? I’m on the fence. I’d prefer more sidewall to improve ride, maintain lower heat buildup and decrease wear. These are reasons I’m leaning towards 22”.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
22s in the wheels I wanted bumped the cost up over $1000. Plus the cost of tires, wasn’t worth it to me.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Sorry 24s*

I wanted an American made set of wheels so I was already paying a good bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/