5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Maxtrac lowering installation

U

User_67930

Alignment numbers are easy to manipulate to get a “green” print off to make a customer happy.
How much did you pay for those control arms? My camber isn’t bad but if I start wearing tires, I’ll end up getting a set of those control arms myself.
Well they won't sell just the uppers, they will only sell them as a front kit.
And the 4x4 kit is in the experimental stage so they will only sell the kit as is, the uppers are fine its the lowers that they are working the bugs out of.

Raildog87

Reaction score
You trying to lower your 4x4 to a 3/5 drop at some point?
I think both are trucks would look awsome.
I hope something will come out eventually

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well they won't sell just the uppers, they will only sell them as a front kit.
And the 4x4 kit is in the experimental stage so they will only sell the kit as is, the uppers are fine its the lowers that they are working the bugs out of.
So you bought the entire front kit for just the upper arms?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
still waiting on someone to lower a rebel. I think it would look so clean... apparently the kit doesn't work for the Rebel. I'm curious as to why.

Edit: yes i know the Rebel is the off road trim, but to each their own.

1437a66c2ab0acf50e929dd33384fdfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I was gonna re use my spline gorilla lugs. But figured I spent this much on wheels, I didn’t wanna risk the coating flaking off. They have a washer that spins at the bottom.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
The Spline McGard lug nuts have the spinning washer also. That reminds me, I need to buy 6 standard lug nuts for my spare steel wheel.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Dude I’m mad. I spent all this money making my truck bad *** and lifted….and seeing your truck I kinda want to change it up and lower it. Or at least 2” Rear drop and stock front. It would literally drop my truck 9 inches based on your measurements haha. Im just curious, with those 305s what mpg do you usually see? Im on 37s and get 12 around town and 14 highway. If you get a lot better than that I really might have to consider doing a street setup like this.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I haven’t done any highway trips to see figures yet. I’m still mainly driving around town and letting the truck warm up, so my mpg is pretty low. But that’s to be expected.

Next weekend I have a trip and I’ll update

Clv22p

Reaction score
With just the rear lowering spring on mine on a 1500 mile round trip my average was 19. I had the cruise set 80-90 most of the trip. My driving style was “get there as fast as possible with no regard to fuel economy “

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dude I’m mad. I spent all this money making my truck bad *** and lifted….and seeing your truck I kinda want to change it up and lower it. Or at least 2” Rear drop and stock front. It would literally drop my truck 9 inches based on your measurements haha. Im just curious, with those 305s what mpg do you usually see? Im on 37s and get 12 around town and 14 highway. If you get a lot better than that I really might have to consider doing a street setup like this.
I used to hate lowered trucks, but this dude has made me change my mind. I started with the rear springs, but now I want to go lower.

Gitchapull

Reaction score
How do you like the Kuhmos so far? Those might be my next set of 305’s

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very cool! I was always hoping there would be an option to lower the TRX & add different wheel to make it more of a street truck than an off-road truck. Truck looks great!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I haven’t done any highway trips to see figures yet. I’m still mainly driving around town and letting the truck warm up, so my mpg is pretty low. But that’s to be expected.

Next weekend I have a trip and I’ll update

What is it with this driving style? Because that’s a lot of what mine is too

Users who are viewing this thread