5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Maxtrac lowering installation

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Start to finish I was at 4hrs. Including drinking my coffee, unboxing everything, and trying to stay warm, (it was 20*f this morning)
A long time ago, I bought the big buddy ceramic propane heater. It got my 350sqft garage (8ft ceiling) from 40’s to high 60’s in 15mins. It doesn’t work nearly as well in my new garage with 14ft ceilings, but if I put it a couple feet from me, I’ll be sweating.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have one of these that works quite well. It took the chill off enough to where I couldn’t see my breath.

I don’t plan on living here too much longer. There are house projects I need to finish, and an insulated garage doesn’t add too much resale value
a973c27167d7e3093067e31976ad15bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Also zero vibration at sustained speeds near the limiter.

The ride has changed, I went down to 10psi in the bags. But I think it’s the valving of the shocks, as a previously lifted truck I had 5100s rode the same. It’s “firm” but controlled. Which is what I wanted. No more floaty squishy suspension over bumps.

So far I’m happy. Hopefully my alignment will be in the green

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
She settled another .25in front and rear after two days of driving.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Original post updated with alignment specs. I’m happy with it. And drives straight

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Original post updated with alignment specs. I’m happy with it. And drives straight

Did they max out the camber adjustment?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He said he got it as good as he could.

Sounds like you ran into the same thing I did, just in reverse. I’m keeping an eye out for a good solution for ez-camber bolts and I can let you know what I find if you’re interested.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
still waiting on someone to lower a rebel. I think it would look so clean... apparently the kit doesn't work for the Rebel. I'm curious as to why.

Edit: yes i know the Rebel is the off road trim, but to each their own.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
The 3/5 kit Is the better kit. But I didn’t wanna go that low. Maybe down the road I’ll throw their control arms on.

But I’m not experiencing any driveline vibrations or harshness some people say they get with this kit.

U

User_67930

But I’m not experiencing any driveline vibrations or harshness some people say they get with this kit.

Yeah, I never did either and mine is at the 2" setting.
Its just weird because my camber is almost identical to yours. But the other weird thing is some guys that have it at the 2" are in the green.

But these arrived today so I'll definitely be back to factory spec soon.
9999999.jpg

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Even stock mine sat low in the front compared to other rams I’ve seen around. And my cvs were are a negative angle. Idk if it was the added weight of the e torque or not.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I never did either and mine is at the 2" setting.
Its just weird because my camber is almost identical to yours. But the other weird thing is some guys that have it at the 2" are in the green.

But these arrived today so I'll definitely be back to factory spec soon.
View attachment 121543
Alignment numbers are easy to manipulate to get a “green” print off to make a customer happy.
How much did you pay for those control arms? My camber isn’t bad but if I start wearing tires, I’ll end up getting a set of those control arms myself.

Raildog87

Reaction score
Anyone know if I could get the 3/5 Ihc to work on my 4x4 ? Currently 2 inch lowering springs.
Want to do something soon truck is to tall.

Attachments

• 20211219_081449.jpg
    20211219_081449.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread