5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Maxtrac lowering installation

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t. Just around the block. Here are the measurements. Remember I already had 2in drop springs in the rear for the initial measurements.
14ddef3a933e9722d5f5b0ef3f80ce31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great, congrats!

I may go the adjustable panhard bar route as with the relocation bracket you can't use a Hellwig swaybar.
Have you had it up to speed (80+)? Any weirdness in the way it feels at that speed? How level does that panhard bar sit when it has all 4 wheels on the ground?
He has the same exact rear setup as I do. I’ve been 100+ with zero sway or any issues.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to give that a shot so I can get my Hellwig bar back on.
The panhard bar isn’t at the ideal angle but I have had zero issues. Also the IHC 3/5 kit doesn’t even come with a relocation bracket. These trucks don’t seem to be affected as much as the 4th gens are with the panhard bar angles. Also in this picture I was laying on the ground so the angle looks more steep than it truly is F47B6AA8-4177-4AD0-9003-AB1D82DD482C.jpeg

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Better? No, same, kinda.

The 5100s give a more controlled ride. Less squishy than the Oem shocks.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Better? No, same, kinda.

The 5100s give a more controlled ride. Less squishy than the Oem shocks.

Report back when you get a few road miles on it. I’d like to know how it rides and handles.
I’m currently on a rear level, but wanting to do a 2/4.
I lowered a 3rd gen ram and not wanting to have the same issues I had with that truck. This truck is too nice

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Report back when you get a few road miles on it. I’d like to know how it rides and handles.
I lowered a 3rd gen ram and not wanting to have the same issues I had with that truck. This truck is too nice
I have about 700 miles on my 2/4 kit. I love it. Driving around you can hardly tell it’s lowered. It drives great and handles perfect. I think the bilsteins really made all of the difference.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on towing with this setup?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

U

User_67930

I have a little over 3k miles on mine with zero complaints, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
In fact I'm getting ready to go lower.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Haha. With the stock tires it makes me wanna go lower. But once I stick my 305s on it. The fender wells will be filled in nicely

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out, as well.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Start to finish I was at 4hrs. Including drinking my coffee, unboxing everything, and trying to stay warm, (it was 20*f this morning)
Time to pack some insulation between those studs and heat your garage. It's 20° here today and my garage is a toasty 60°. I've spent many winters busting my cold knuckles in a freezing garage. Miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread