5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Deflector Install

SHC19REBEL

Reaction score
I had originally installed a set of US Visors on my truck, but found recently that the power fold mirrors hit them when folding. Was at the dealership today, and asked if they might, by some stroke of luck, have some of the Mopar Visors in stock....and lo and behold, they did have ONE set in stock. The parts guy wasn't even sure they were available, but checked the system, and saw that he had a set. Anyway, I asked to see them, and they are cut out for the power fold mirrors. Not that big of a deal, and probably not really worth the $100 price, since I already had the others installed, but I bit and bought them. Installed them tonight, and they look fine. Not sure why it matters to me, but I sort of like having the RAM logo on them, and I certainly like the fact that the mirrors don't hit. The little plastic rivets weren't too bad to install once I figured out how to put the clips in the rubber seal.

Anyway, I think they look good, and now the mirrors don't hit.
Do you happen to have the part number for the Mopar Visors?

Omlifecrew

Reaction score
Are you referring to these?
Anyone have warranty experience with genuine Mopar parts? Specifically what the warranty is for these? My driverside vent has a crack in the middle of it and since it is an accessory and I installed it, I'm not sure how they will handle this. To be clear I didn't break it through installation, rather natural causes.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I've been contemplating these - but several of the photos (and comments) have window seal bulge... is this inherent of the design, or just improper install? I'm not willing to endure the deformation - but would like to consider these if they fit without bulge.

JHRebel

Reaction score
I've been contemplating these - but several of the photos (and comments) have window seal bulge... is this inherent of the design, or just improper install? I'm not willing to endure the deformation - but would like to consider these if they fit without bulge.
I had the same concerns but ordered and Installed the mopar ones months ago, very happy I did, no real bulge and they look great

Carnut12

Reaction score
Just installed these, not difficult at all. I have always went with Weathertech but decided on Mopars and I am glad I did, they look good and serve the purpose.

Gpram2020

Reaction score
I wonder if these are harder to install on a Limited with that chrome trim covering the rubber window trim. I would think they are less flexible.
I am wondering the same thing because I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited CC as well. I purchased a set of OEM deflectors before taking notice of the chrome trim on the windows. Now I am concerned that the chrome trim may not be as flexible as the rubber trim and that it may get damaged during the installation process. I am going to hold off with the installation until I get more information.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing because I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited CC as well. I purchased a set of OEM deflectors before taking notice of the chrome trim on the windows. Now I am concerned that the chrome trim may not be as flexible as the rubber trim and that it may get damaged during the installation process. I am going to hold off with the installation until I get more information.
I have a 2019 Laramie with the Chrome Trim. I put my MOPAR deflectors on over a year ago and have never had a problem. Installation was no problem either.

Gpram2020

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with the Chrome Trim. I put my MOPAR deflectors on over a year ago and have never had a problem. Installation was no problem either.
Thank you. I decided to install the deflectors a couple of hours after posting my concern. The installation was quite easy. All that it took was for me to take a closer look at the trim. The chrome trim is not in the way at all.

Gpram2020

Reaction score
Follow up: I decided to install the deflectors a couple of hours after posting my concern. The installation was quite easy. All that it took was for me to take a closer look at the trim. The chrome trim is not in the way at all.

chyzzz

Reaction score
After a little research I’m 100% positive EGR ( https://egrusa.com/ )makes the window visors and hood deflectors for mopar.
I purchased the mopar visors but have not installed them yet due to how it lifts the outer seal lip from the glass. I did scan the mopar visor instructions available as a PDF download.
The EGR hood air deflector seems pretty similar to mopar as far as install, the wind deflectors for the rear windows do not have the brackets only tape.

ExT

Reaction score
Other than look kinda cool, do they serve any practical purpose? Reduce wind with window down?

Imagine you want to enjoy your aftermarket exhaust sound without having the annoying wind blow. This is what you need.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just can't get past the fact that they make any vehicle look like a GRANDPA vehicle. I have never liked the look and not a fan. However, I can see why some people would want it.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just can't get past the fact that they make any vehicle look like a GRANDPA vehicle. I have never liked the look and not a fan. However, I can see why some people would want it.
Sometimes you have to go with Function over Form when it is practical.

Like leaving your truck sitting in the summer sun all day while you are at work and having the windows cracked so that the truck breathes without a summer rain spoiling your interior. :unsure:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to go with Function over Form when it is practical.

Like leaving your truck sitting in the summer sun all day while you are at work and having the windows cracked so that the truck breathes without a summer rain spoiling your interior. :unsure:
I get it RAM...and don't disagree. I just can't get myself to do it my friend as it bothers me that much.

abaddon48

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the mopar window air deflectors and has issues specifically with the front driver side one? I’ve gotten two different sets and the front driver side deflector with the window down seems very loose and I wouldn’t trust it when driving at higher speed. No issues at all with any of the other deflectors which all fit nice and snug.

joemo

Reaction score
Do these mount by 3m tape or in the window channel?

Users who are viewing this thread