5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Deflector Install

soedog

Reaction score
Quick Thaw / Quick Mod - From single digit temps yesterday to mid 40’s today and back down to the 20’s tomorrow so figured I would install the Mopar Window Deflectors I picked up from the dealer a couple weeks back. Always used Weathertechs in the past but really like the look and fit of these.
Simple install taking about 30 minutes to fit them, 5 minutes for the fronts and 25 for the rears due mainly to getting the small plastic rivets popped in that join the metal clips to the deflectors. Just a tip but if you are considering these it helps to have small fine tipped needle nose pliers to hold the rivets in place and a plastic trim tool to pry the rubber window seal open to insert the deflector clips.
654082DF-555E-471C-929F-1973B56C7EF8.jpeg C77EE8B2-C4F0-4D64-911D-BF85DD874F74.jpeg 6C7FEED1-CC12-429C-81DF-E72C811552D7.jpeg DE89006F-2343-4D81-921B-B57A902A6AD4.jpeg 36BCC67D-4EFE-427D-919F-599207163DE5.jpeg A68D86B2-5E8E-4F37-B382-70EA2DA2141F.jpeg 0880CB42-95ED-470F-9C81-32EFE8C0C583.jpeg

foolsh1

Reaction score
I have them too and waiting to install them. They look good! (y)
They reduce the wind a little and keep the rain out with the window cracked open.

soedog

Reaction score
Other than look kinda cool, do they serve any practical purpose? Reduce wind with window down?
I usually install window deflectors on all my vehicles. The biggest benefits to me are being able to crack the windows allowing the vehicle to vent and stay cooler in the warm summer months. Also can vent in the rain while keeping the water out.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Odd that they decided to use the old ram logo, not really a visor fan but these look pretty good.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Quick Thaw / Quick Mod - From single digit temps yesterday to mid 40’s today and back down to the 20’s tomorrow so figured I would install the Mopar Window Deflectors I picked up from the dealer a couple weeks back. Always used Weathertechs in the past but really like the look and fit of these.
Simple install taking about 30 minutes to fit them, 5 minutes for the fronts and 25 for the rears due mainly to getting the small plastic rivets popped in that join the metal clips to the deflectors. Just a tip but if you are considering these it helps to have small fine tipped needle nose pliers to hold the rivets in place and a plastic trim tool to pry the rubber window seal open to insert the deflector clips.
/QUOTE]

Do you have the instructions on how they're installed? I have never installed window deflectors and was wondering what is required to get them installed? Is it do it yourself or something you had the dealer do? Just curious. Thanks for the post I have been looking for weathertech to release some for the 2019 RAM 1500 Crew Cab but nothing yet.

Jack 1450

Reaction score
View attachment 14377 View attachment 14378 View attachment 14379 View attachment 14380 View attachment 14381 View attachment 14382
Odd that they decided to use the old ram logo, not really a visor fan but these look pretty good.
Those look sharp.. any trouble with the automatic windows hitting and rolling back down??

soedog

Reaction score
Yes instructions are included with the kit. I did my own install as I have installed window deflectors on a number of different vehicles I have owned over the years, really not difficult at all if you have the most basic mechanical skills. I got tired of waiting for the Weathertechs to be released and I’m very happy with the Mopar Kit.

soedog

Reaction score
Mopar discontinued the crew cab kit. Is there a revision coming?
Wasn’t aware the crew cab kit was discontinued. Ordered mine through the dealer and it was on back order but I received it a week later.Glad I ordered when I did but unfortunate if that is the case.

Lize

Reaction score
@soedog - Excellent post and photos, thanks very much. I was looking at Weathertech and various others but from your post I've decided on these.

Brilliant that the part number is in one of the photos too as I've been finding it difficult looking at some accessories as not all sites seem to have included 2019 as a vehicle option yet.

I would have never thought of wind deflectors until I got a Japanese import which has them fitted from factory and since then I really like them, people say that until you have them you don't appreciate them and I think its very true.

One quick question, could you confirm please that they don't interfere with the auto up function of the window, its just that I've read somewhere this could happen.

Thanks

soedog

Reaction score
@soedog - Excellent post and photos, thanks very much. I was looking at Weathertech and various others but from your post I've decided on these.

Brilliant that the part number is in one of the photos too as I've been finding it difficult looking at some accessories as not all sites seem to have included 2019 as a vehicle option yet.

I would have never thought of wind deflectors until I got a Japanese import which has them fitted from factory and since then I really like them, people say that until you have them you don't appreciate them and I think its very true.

One quick question, could you confirm please that they don't interfere with the auto up function of the window, its just that I've read somewhere this could happen.

Thanks
Luxe - Glad you found the post helpful.
I experienced no problem with the auto up window function. One window top edge did hit the deflector going up the first time. Once you run the window up and down four to five times the deflector will seat itself in the window channel and all is good after that.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I usually install window deflectors on all my vehicles. The biggest benefits to me are being able to crack the windows allowing the vehicle to vent and stay cooler in the warm summer months. Also can vent in the rain while keeping the water out.

I'm with you. The ability to crack the windows open for both venting heat in the hot months, and allowing fresh air in even when it's raining, is a significant benefit IMO. Also, with the deflectors, it's almost impossible to tell that the windows are cracked open unless one gets right up to the vehicle, so I feel like it's a wee bit more "secure" in that ne'er-do-wells will be less attracted to trying to reach inside or drop something inside. On our family car (Prius), the deflectors do add a bit of wind noise at highway speeds, and if anything increases wind noise, you know it is simultaneously decreasing fuel economy a bit, but for me the trade-off is definitely worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online