5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Deflector Install

abaddon48

Reaction score
Do these mount by 3m tape or in the window channel?
In the window channel. I’ve gotten 3 sets and I’m fairly certain that they just weren’t made correctly for the drivers side. I’m going to the dealership tomorrow to return the one set and see what they say

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Weather tech now has the window vents for 2020 in all configuration.

I just bought the AVS version and will see how they do. But I was hoping that the front vent went down to the mirror the AVS does not

Ccroce

Reaction score
Installed the Mopar set yesterday. Now in the 48-hr holding pattern. Hoping the windows operate correctly this weekend.

Attachments

• C373BBAE-4524-4F86-B617-62DE2D74D103.jpeg
    C373BBAE-4524-4F86-B617-62DE2D74D103.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 77

Bluesurf

Reaction score
The Mopar set is real crap. They are the flimsiest and it shattered on the drivers door cutting my hand. I have Weather-Tech on 3 thee vehicles. They the highest standard, absolute #1.
I found that the ERG ( https://egrusa.com/ ) are every bit top quality. I spoke with them and they told me they make the Mopar's for FCA. I told them they were terrible. He laughed.

ShortStack

Reaction score
The Mopar set is real crap. They are the flimsiest and it shattered on the drivers door cutting my hand. I have Weather-Tech on 3 thee vehicles. They the highest standard, absolute #1.
I found that the ERG ( https://egrusa.com/ ) are every bit top quality. I spoke with them and they told me they make the Mopar's for FCA. I told them they were terrible. He laughed.
How did they shatter ?
I installed mine about two months ago in the cold. Only issue I had was one of the rear window push-rivets broke. Easy fix with a trip to Advance Auto and a purchase of Toyota front bumper rivet package of three for $1.98.

After letting them set for 48 hours with no window movement everything works great - front and rear. AVS on the other hand doesn't seem to understand that the way they package their
visors causes one of the rear window visors to warp.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
How did they shatter ?
I installed mine about two months ago in the cold. Only issue I had was one of the rear window push-rivets broke. Easy fix with a trip to Advance Auto and a purchase of Toyota front bumper rivet package of three for $1.98.

After letting them set for 48 hours with no window movement everything works great - front and rear. AVS on the other hand doesn't seem to understand that the way they package their
My drivers window and one of the rear vent covers would go up and down with the window. My drivers side shattered where the mirror folds on to it. My EGR's are s thick and solid, so uneventful. They are really equal to my WeatherTech's.

AxileAspen

Reaction score
How did they shatter ?

Did you find those replacement rivets to be better/easier? I am extremely disappointed in the rivets that came with the Mopar ones.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Did you find those replacement rivets to be better/easier? I am extremely disappointed in the rivets that came with the Mopar ones.
The odd thing is only on the MOPAR units, are rivets used. They look cheap, the ERG are very solid, no rivits and no clamps.

ShortStack

Reaction score
DORMAN 963-6310 is the brand and part number.
You have to take a knife and scape the size down a little bit as they are about 1.5mm larger than the hole in the shade. Also, they have a little phillip head screw instead of push pin.
After shaving it down a little bit take out the screw, put in the rivet then put in the screw. I have more confidence in this setup than the one MOPAR has. Very solid.

MrMojoRisin

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I may have installed mine incorrectly. I'm not having any issues but on the rear deflectors, the metal brackets are a little loose. I'm not sure I seated them properly in the rubber weather strip. Can someone verify if there's are seated tightly or if the metal bracket is a little loose with the window down

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I may have installed mine incorrectly. I'm not having any issues but on the rear deflectors, the metal brackets are a little loose. I'm not sure I seated them properly in the rubber weather strip. Can someone verify if there's are seated tightly or if the metal bracket is a little loose with the window down
Oem if you pulled out the weather stripping like the directions say there is a chennel they slip in. As soon as you re install the weather stripping they don’t move.

MrMojoRisin

Reaction score
Yeah....about that.....

I saw that and didn't realize it meant to pull the weather stripping away entirely from the door frame. There's a youtube install video where the guy does it incorrectly that I watched prior to my experience. I guess I'll see if I can remove them easily to do it properly.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Not real hard. Used the plastic dash panel tools pulled the whole top out. Then you can spread it apart and see the channel. Just make sure you dry fit first and mark the bracket location on the seal. So you only have to pull out once. There was a video on YouTube the guy showed the correct way. Can’t find it now.

Kone

Reaction score
Do the mirrors hit these things when folded in?

I'm leaning towards the EGRs.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Do the mirrors hit these things when folded in?

I'm leaning towards the EGRs.
I have the ERG's. I had the Mopar's they are made by ERG. The Mopar's are inferior in every way. The ERG's are as good as Weather-Tech. ( I have Weather-Tech's on two vehicle's.) The ERG's are thicker, they have lots of give without snapping. There are no steel clips to destroy your windows rubber gasket. There are no push pins that fasten it to your window. The ERG's go on the same way Weather-Tech' s do. There are plenty of videos on you-tube. Tip. Install on a hot day, close your windows and don't open them for a week. If you can park the car during the day in the sun for the first5-7 days. The heat on the window and visors allow then to mold to your window frame's and they will work very well. I found years ago not putting the car in the sun the vison would move when the window was opened. By keeping the windows in the sun this never happened. Make sure your window track is clean before installing. Take a rag, put some rubbing alcohol on it and use a finger to get dirt away. All in-channel visors have a strip of tape at the top. Cleaning the track beforehand gives you the best bond. On the drivers window, your mirror will "kiss" the deflector. It is made that way. I wrote to ERG on Oct 26. 2020, the reply said "We have seen this issue before, however it is only on very few vehicles." I found it to be really no issue for me. I would my drivers window not have the mirror pressing on it. I have a habit of opening my window before opening the mirrors so now there is no rubbing on the glass. I sent them this pic, you can see the contact at the bottom. Honestly I have had no problem what so ever with the ERG's.

Attachments

• InkedW_LI.jpg
    InkedW_LI.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Anyone notice the fronts a bit loose when the window is down?

GraftonP

Reaction score
Yeah....about that.....

I saw that and didn't realize it meant to pull the weather stripping away entirely from the door frame. There's a youtube install video where the guy does it incorrectly that I watched prior to my experience. I guess I'll see if I can remove them easily to do it properly.

Not to revive the dead here, but I'm pretty sure I followed that same install video where the brackets can freely slide.

Did you attempt to break the adhesive and re-set the brackets in the proper position? I lost one of my push rivets so I don't feel wicked inclined to break the only other thing keeping it in there.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not to revive the dead here, but I'm pretty sure I followed that same install video where the brackets can freely slide.

Did you attempt to break the adhesive and re-set the brackets in the proper position? I lost one of my push rivets so I don't feel wicked inclined to break the only other thing keeping it in there.
Window deflectors have no brackets or clips or push rivets ;)

Users who are viewing this thread