5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Deflector Install

deanfx

Reaction score
Hmmm, have had Prime for a few years now and never heard of such. That's the problem with getting old, I just quit fiddling to learn. I get in and I get out. Thanks
Anytime bruh. Whatever gets your check for ya

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would the mopar visors affect tint?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Yes .. the tint installer forgot to remove these or ask me to.
I noticed that after the weekend when I needed to roll the window down to enter the gate code at work, both upper rear corners were "smooshed" -- happened when they closed the windows to tape them off to NOT OPEN THEN for 48 hrs until dry .. they also forgot to add extra at the bottom (that slips inside the weather strip), so mine are also now peeling up from the bottom .. I need to make appointment to have then redo the tint again (properly). I showed the Aftermarket Adviser the cr@p job the 3rd party did and that they shouldn't be using them for warranty work.
Once I get the tint redone (properly), I can see if it still causes issues -- I know the other 3 vehicles had thicker 20% installed and had no issues -- mine was 70% and is much thinner material.

When you close the windows, they 'pinch' between the rubber weather stripping .. so you have to teach your window modules (relearn) to use a bit more force to roll them up to close all the way. Not sure why FCA engineers thought these worked properly to warranty them, but hey, the price was right for me and I just take it to work anytime they cause an issue :)

David525

Reaction score
After a little research I’m 100% positive EGR ( https://egrusa.com/ )makes the window visors and hood deflectors for mopar.
I purchased the mopar visors but have not installed them yet due to how it lifts the outer seal lip from the glass. I did scan the mopar visor instructions available as a PDF download.

Attachments

• 2019 RAM 1500 Window Visor Instructions_20191020114927.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reaction score

sman301

Reaction score
Yes .. the tint installer forgot to remove these or ask me to.
I noticed that after the weekend when I needed to roll the window down to enter the gate code at work, both upper rear corners were "smooshed" -- happened when they closed the windows to tape them off to NOT OPEN THEN for 48 hrs until dry .. they also forgot to add extra at the bottom (that slips inside the weather strip), so mine are also now peeling up from the bottom .. I need to make appointment to have then redo the tint again (properly). I showed the Aftermarket Adviser the cr@p job the 3rd party did and that they shouldn't be using them for warranty work.
Once I get the tint redone (properly), I can see if it still causes issues -- I know the other 3 vehicles had thicker 20% installed and had no issues -- mine was 70% and is much thinner material.

When you close the windows, they 'pinch' between the rubber weather stripping .. so you have to teach your window modules (relearn) to use a bit more force to roll them up to close all the way. Not sure why FCA engineers thought these worked properly to warranty them, but hey, the price was right for me and I just take it to work anytime they cause an issue :)

I have 20% tint on my truck already. Can some comment if the molar visor affects tint once is is installed properly and dried?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 20% tint on my truck already. Can some comment if the molar visor affects tint once is is installed properly and dried?

You should be ok .. we have had 3 others done and it did not affect them -- yet.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This YouTube video seems helpful.

I haven’t installed mine yet but plan to soon. I’ll report back when completed.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yup .. however for those rears do NO do what he did .. I did that on the 1st install .. they WILL not sit properly.
Pull the trim down like the instructions say .. they are firm and you may need to apply a bit of clear 'grease' to slid them forward or back a bit (even when you marked the hole locations). To install those 2 press pins, I found it easier to open the door and stand on the running board (or in rear passenger area and push in from over the top of the door .. just easier for me.

Tim N

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yup .. however for those rears do NO do what he did .. I did that on the 1st install .. they WILL not sit properly.
Pull the trim down like the instructions say .. they are firm and you may need to apply a bit of clear 'grease' to slid them forward or back a bit (even when you marked the hole locations). To install those 2 press pins, I found it easier to open the door and stand on the running board (or in rear passenger area and push in from over the top of the door .. just easier for me.

Tim N
Thanks!

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score

Tim N
A picture would have been perfect right there.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
It can be frustrating when such a simple thing as a piece plastic doesn't work as expected. Especially considering the price.

I have the AVS brand installed over a month after my front windows were tinted. Folks should get the tint 1st and then let it fully cure before installing any brand of in channel visors or you may have to do the install twice.

Install was basic (AVS uses little "clips" to open the window channel on the front visors) - as others have noted it leaves the same window molding bulge as the Mopar. To me the bulge isn't noticable and I think that is what you get with any in channel type of visor.

One other difference of the AVS is that the front visors do not extend down along the mirror housing like the Mopars do. Looks like the Mopars have a leading edge flap on the front visor that sticks out and could maybe snag on something.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It can be frustrating when such a simple thing as a piece plastic doesn't work as expected. Especially considering the price.

I have the AVS brand installed over a month after my front windows were tinted. Folks should get the tint 1st and then let it fully cure before installing any brand of in channel visors or you may have to do the install twice.

Install was basic (AVS uses little "clips" to open the window channel on the front visors) - as others have noted it leaves the same window molding bulge as the Mopar. To me the bulge isn't noticable and I think that is what you get with any in channel type of visor.

One other difference of the AVS is that the front visors do not extend down along the mirror housing like the Mopars do. Looks like the Mopars have a leading edge flap on the front visor that sticks out and could maybe snag on something.
I had originally installed a set of US Visors on my truck, but found recently that the power fold mirrors hit them when folding. Was at the dealership today, and asked if they might, by some stroke of luck, have some of the Mopar Visors in stock....and lo and behold, they did have ONE set in stock. The parts guy wasn't even sure they were available, but checked the system, and saw that he had a set. Anyway, I asked to see them, and they are cut out for the power fold mirrors. Not that big of a deal, and probably not really worth the $100 price, since I already had the others installed, but I bit and bought them. Installed them tonight, and they look fine. Not sure why it matters to me, but I sort of like having the RAM logo on them, and I certainly like the fact that the mirrors don't hit. The little plastic rivets weren't too bad to install once I figured out how to put the clips in the rubber seal.

Anyway, I think they look good, and now the mirrors don't hit.
Please check the post above...

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
20191113_091639.jpg 20191113_091639.jpg

Attachments

• 20191113_091646.jpg
    20191113_091646.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 20191113_091652.jpg
    20191113_091652.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 111

joallen001

Reaction score
Fixing to install these on my 2020. My rears only have the clips. No adhesive. The instructions still show the adhesive strip though?

kingkasc

Reaction score
Fixing to install these on my 2020. My rears only have the clips. No adhesive. The instructions still show the adhesive strip though?
You have the oem mopar ones? I just installed mine, you should have tape on the rears that need to be removed and clips added. super easy install. i used a piece of tape to mark where the clips will go.

Domezie

Reaction score
Does anyone have a complete copy of the install instruction for crew cab? Just opened the box and only have page 1 and 2. Guess I'll just take a nap instead of installing!
I have a full set. Not sure how to get them to you though. Let me know and I'll send them to you.

Users who are viewing this thread