5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Deflector Install

drush

Reaction score
Installed mine today and love them. Easy install took about 15 minutes. For those who have put these on, do you have a black piece of tape on the fronts closest to the mirror? Was I supposed to take that off?

Also wondering about the back end and how it makes your seal look. Mine has a lump now and my last in channel I don’t recall having that.

deanfx

Reaction score
Any problems with these scratching the windows? Or deforming the seals of the window?

Thanks

Zshane79

Reaction score
Quick Thaw / Quick Mod - From single digit temps yesterday to mid 40’s today and back down to the 20’s tomorrow so figured I would install the Mopar Window Deflectors I picked up from the dealer a couple weeks back. Always used Weathertechs in the past but really like the look and fit of these.
Simple install taking about 30 minutes to fit them, 5 minutes for the fronts and 25 for the rears due mainly to getting the small plastic rivets popped in that join the metal clips to the deflectors. Just a tip but if you are considering these it helps to have small fine tipped needle nose pliers to hold the rivets in place and a plastic trim tool to pry the rubber window seal open to insert the deflector clips.
View attachment 14377 View attachment 14378 View attachment 14379 View attachment 14380 View attachment 14381 View attachment 14382 View attachment 14383
Quick Thaw / Quick Mod - From single digit temps yesterday to mid 40’s today and back down to the 20’s tomorrow so figured I would install the Mopar Window Deflectors I picked up from the dealer a couple weeks back. Always used Weathertechs in the past but really like the look and fit of these.
Simple install taking about 30 minutes to fit them, 5 minutes for the fronts and 25 for the rears due mainly to getting the small plastic rivets popped in that join the metal clips to the deflectors. Just a tip but if you are considering these it helps to have small fine tipped needle nose pliers to hold the rivets in place and a plastic trim tool to pry the rubber window seal open to insert the deflector clips.
View attachment 14377 View attachment 14378 View attachment 14379 View attachment 14380 View attachment 14381 View attachment 14382 View attachment 14383
Soedog, where did you get these? through the parts department? thanks, they look good too! good job

TimW451

Reaction score
I just installed these last night, and except for dropping the pins several times on my black driveway, it went well.

One tip/reminder, definitely follow the instructions on installing the support brackets for the rear window. At least one video on YouTube was doing it the wrong way. If you don't pull out the weatherstripping you can't get the bracket in the correct location, under the third flap. If the bracket is installed correctly it will NOT slide left/right, if you can slide it, it is only past the second flap.

deanfx

Reaction score
Installed mine today and love them. Easy install took about 15 minutes. For those who have put these on, do you have a black piece of tape on the fronts closest to the mirror? Was I supposed to take that off?
View attachment 29864

Also wondering about the back end and how it makes your seal look. Mine has a lump now and my last in channel I don’t recall having that.

View attachment 29865
I don't care for that seal looking that way. I hope that's not normal because I wouldn't mind having these.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't care for that seal looking that way. I hope that's not normal because I wouldn't mind having these.
I have them and they look great. I couldn't even tell you if my seal looks that way or not (and I am very OCD about my truck). They fit well and look fantastic. It takes a few times running the windows up and down to seat everything at first. I have no regrets putting these on my truck.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah I installed a few sets already .. even on my own rig ..
don't like how they pinch the windows and you have the modules/motors relearn to apply more force to close them without going back down .. 2 months later, mine doesn't want to go up depending on the weather .. I still like them, though.

Zeeya

Reaction score
I am going to have to give it shot. I like the way they look and I definitely need the venting out where I work. One other question. When your mirrors close, do they hit the glass? My mirrors hit the glass when I close them. Was not sure if this was normal.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am going to have to give it shot. I like the way they look and I definitely need the venting out where I work. One other question. When your mirrors close, do they hit the glass? My mirrors hit the glass when I close them. Was not sure if this was normal.
Zeeya,
When you fold your mirrors in they should not hit the windows. That is the other nice thing about the Mopar ventshades. They are designed with an inset on the shade so that the mirrors do not hit the ventshade as well when they are in folded / parked mode.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Zeeya,
When you fold your mirrors in they should not hit the windows. That is the other nice thing about the Mopar ventshades. They are designed with an inset on the shade so that the mirrors do not hit the ventshade as well when they are in folded / parked mode.
I have to get an oil change this week before heading back out west. I will ask the stealership about the mirrors coming in contact with the windows. Thanks,

JHRebel

Reaction score
Do these add wind noise? I’m about to pull the trigger on them but if they make the truck louder I’ll probably pass.

sirbojangles

Reaction score
Do yours make the rubber trim/weather stripping look bulged out too?
Front driver/passenger side by the B pillar ? Yes I noticed the avs ones do that as well, maybe not so much as the mopar set. But I finally got to roll the windows down and notice once it gets close to reaching the top its a bit slow. My guess is the lip on them is still to thick. I go to the dealer friday to pick something up, Im gonna ask about how it goes slow when it reaches the top, sounds like the motor is working a bit hard to get the window up by that point. I dont wanna be burning out my motor for the window later on down the road. I dont have any issues with the auto up window feature. Just when rolling it up it goes slower maybe its still working its self in. Anyone else have that issue of it slowing down and the window motor has to work harder to get the window to close ? If so does it finally go up as normal or its like that all the time?

deanfx

Reaction score
Front driver/passenger side by the B pillar ? Yes I noticed the avs ones do that as well, maybe not so much as the mopar set. But I finally got to roll the windows down and notice once it gets close to reaching the top its a bit slow. My guess is the lip on them is still to thick. I go to the dealer friday to pick something up, Im gonna ask about how it goes slow when it reaches the top, sounds like the motor is working a bit hard to get the window up by that point. I dont wanna be burning out my motor for the window later on down the road. I dont have any issues with the auto up window feature. Just when rolling it up it goes slower maybe its still working its self in. Anyone else have that issue of it slowing down and the window motor has to work harder to get the window to close ? If so does it finally go up as normal or its like that all the time?
I was talking to my device advisor about installing this product. He strongly urged me to avoid the mopar branded. So I am not adding them, even though I like them.

sman301

Reaction score
Would the mopar visors affect tint?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Ramster

Reaction score
I was talking to my device advisor about installing this product. He strongly urged me to avoid the mopar branded. So I am not adding them, even though I like them.
Device advisor, where do you get one of them?

Ramster

Reaction score
Amazon bro. Prime is what's up.
Hmmm, have had Prime for a few years now and never heard of such. That's the problem with getting old, I just quit fiddling to learn. I get in and I get out. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread