5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Blueraptor

Reaction score
Got my new base from Bam Thursday. Installed it today. I have a Borla stype exhaust so it might be different for me but theres definitely a difference in acceleration. I didnt notice any extra noise. Took me about 90 minutes to install. I went slow and methodically. Is it worth 700 bucks? I dunno. But I dont feel bad spending the money so I guess it must be. We will wait to see how the gas mileage changes if it does. I will say I think theres a QC issue. The first one u got that was broke seemed like the plastic on the base was way too thin this it was broke in the box . The new one seems right. Let's see.
It wouldn't be an FCA product without QC issues.

dannycg2808

Reaction score
Install done! Took about 45mins to an hour. I took it on a quick test drive and I can say I feel the difference immediately! Also sounds great! My next step is exhaust. Once that's done I'm sure I will be ever more pleassed!
Will this work with the eTorque?
What about mpg, hp, torque? Any better? Does it need a tune after installation? Does it come with instructions? Thank you

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will this work with the eTorque?
What about mpg, hp, torque? Any better? Does it need a tune after installation? Does it come with instructions? Thank you
Previously answered - yes.
As yet unanswered - unknown.
Previously answered - no.
Previously answered - yes.

raven_DT

Reaction score
Also looking for dyno results.I dont care about looks or sounds...just the numbers. Since I tow with my truck, I'm interested if the hp/torque curves increase and shift to the left. If the CAI increases hp/torque higher in the powerband that doesn't help me. I already have a peaky hemi why make it more so. If the hp/torque numbers are significant increases, I would expect Mopar to publish them...

Doc33

Reaction score
Anyone from Canada buy this CAI for a reasonable price ?

Grilleguy

Reaction score
There was a comment maid a while back that it would be compatible with the Ram air hood they have on one of their concept trucks at the moment. I can’t say for sure if that was mentioned by Ram or just some speculation from the community.

While at SEMA this year, I stopped into the FCA booth and talked with a truck accessories representative. He said they are working on a "shaker" style hood that will function directly into a new revised RAM-AIRFLOW lid. He wouldn't commit to any kind of availability date (or price), but just that it was in developement and will go in to production within a year.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone from Canada buy this CAI for a reasonable price ?
Reasonable price and Canada can’t be used in the same sentence! Seriously though I thought I read somewhere in this thread that a Canadian dealer quoted someone $1500 CAD. It’s low $700’s USD, any chance you live near the border, just drive across and pick one up.

Doc33

Reaction score
Reasonable price and Canada can’t be used in the same sentence! Seriously though I thought I read somewhere in this thread that a Canadian dealer quoted someone $1500 CAD. It’s low $700’s USD, any chance you live near the border, just drive across and pick one up.
Probably will at some point, hour and half from Buffalo. Then I will get screwed on paying duty charges...lol

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably will at some point, hour and half from Buffalo. Then I will get screwed on paying duty charges...lol
I used to live around London and would drive over to buy all my golf equipment. Just set it up with a dealer in Buffalo and have it installed while you’re there.

Huck

Reaction score
I talked my dealer down to 1200.
This is in Alberta. Still to much though.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
Tasca has 10% off today which brings this down to about $680. You need to use the code CYBER10 when you check out. Shipping for me to Iowa is $58 instead of the $180 that Bam charges. Just FYI for anyone still looking to get one of these at a decent price.

Last edited:

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tasca has 10% off today which brings this down to about $680. You need to just the code CYBER10 when you check out. Shipping for me to Iowa is $58 instead of the $180 that Bam charges. Just FYI for anyone still looking to get one of these at a decent price.
Did the same today with the Tasca 10% coupon code. Total was $735 shipped to south Florida.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Tasca has 10% off today which brings this down to about $680. You need to use the code CYBER10 when you check out. Shipping for me to Iowa is $58 instead of the $180 that Bam charges. Just FYI for anyone still looking to get one of these at a decent price.
Still waiting for DYNO results to be posted.....

rsmeanie

Reaction score

Damn, missed this. Guess they didn't extend the code for Cyber Monday. At least they only want $70 for shipping instead of $180 for BAM. Maybe I'll try calling tomorrow to see if they'll give me the 10%.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
Damn, missed this. Guess they didn't extend the code for Cyber Monday. At least they only want $70 for shipping instead of $180 for BAM. Maybe I'll try calling tomorrow to see if they'll give me the 10%.
It is 5% off today with code CYBER5

dirtydog24

Reaction score
Did the same today with the Tasca 10% coupon code. Total was $735 shipped to south Florida.

Hey I saw your in south Florida and bought the Mopar intake from tasca. Have they shipped it out to you yet? Just asking because I’m in central Florida and bought the same intake on the cyber sale. Tasca just emailed me saying it’s going to cost me another $225 in shipping because ups won’t ship such a large package and they have to go with fedex which is more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread