5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Hallbag

Reaction score
I also ordered via Tasca and they did the same bait and switch on the shipping with me as well. Charged me $58, waited 8 days then said we need another $207. I cancelled that order and bought mine through moparpartsurplus.com. Randall has been super helpful and way more involved in the process than Tasca.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I saw your in south Florida and bought the Mopar intake from tasca. Have they shipped it out to you yet? Just asking because I’m in central Florida and bought the same intake on the cyber sale. Tasca just emailed me saying it’s going to cost me another $225 in shipping because ups won’t ship such a large package and they have to go with fedex which is more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a similar story, cancelled my order. They wanted an additional $168 shipping on top of the $54 they initially quoted.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey I saw your in south Florida and bought the Mopar intake from tasca. Have they shipped it out to you yet? Just asking because I’m in central Florida and bought the same intake on the cyber sale. Tasca just emailed me saying it’s going to cost me another $225 in shipping because ups won’t ship such a large package and they have to go with fedex which is more money.
That's BS!!!

dirtydog24

Reaction score
Here’s the email they sent
5dce5b1ff0a6b7c71887686a77ef5ffd.jpg

I find it hard to believe ups doesn’t ship this large of a package. I’ve had an engine on pallet delivered one time. Guess I’ll be ordering from somewhere else just not the dealer.

Last edited:

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s the email they sent to me

9328dbe435f97b819a135396bf64da68.jpg

I find it hard to believe ups doesn’t ship this large of a package. I’ve had an engine on pallet delivered one time. Guess I’ll be ordering from somewhere else just not the dealer.

Yeah it seems like a poor way to conduct business, but there shipping policy does state that’s how it works. I had my cat-back shipped for free via UPS from Jegs and I can assure you that box was bigger than the RamAir box.

Hallbag

Reaction score

They told me via phone that the dimensions on the website were wrong and set as 1" x 1" x 1" and that was throwing off the system. Nothing about UPS vs FedEx.

Phantomsfbw

Reaction score
Go to your dealer you purchased your vehicle from and ask for a 10% discount. That is what I did when this company hit me up with the extra shipping. I ended up getting mine the next day. Picked it up tonight, but will wait to install this weekend.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go to your dealer you purchased your vehicle from and ask for a 10% discount. That is what I did when this company hit me up with the extra shipping. I ended up getting mine the next day. Picked it up tonight, but will wait to install this weekend.
Yeah you could do that or you could use this and save 15%. Luckily I had a 20% coupon from my dealer and used it for mine.
BE6E8B67-9648-4173-A771-E9AA37C3D692.png

Blueraptor

Reaction score

I got the same email today. I'm going to cancel the order, it isn't worth it.

dirtydog24

Reaction score
I talked to the parts manager, Randell, at
Mopar Parts Surplus and he knew exactly what these online parts wholesalers are all about.

$770 for the cold air intake and shipping is about 230 but if I get it shipped to my buddies business shipping is 40. Just ordered mine along with the rear wheel well liners for my truck. He said just sold one to someone yesterday so there must be a lot of people that got the shaft from Tasca parts.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was reading where residential shipping costs were extreme and you’re better off having things shipped to a business.

dirtydog24

Reaction score
Yeah residential over $200, think that’s where Tasca screwed up. Got a business or buddies to shop to?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ordered mine via my local dealership, but my buddy offered to let them ship to his business if I needed to. :)

Arth

Reaction score
Ordered mine from AllMoparParts.com and got it delivered to me in 2 days via FedEx. Used a coupon code and got free shipping. Cost me about 760 to the door.

Marky Mark

Reaction score

Tell them ship it Greyhound. I had something shipped that was large from TX to GA by Greyhound couple weeks ago. FedEx/UPS was $240ish. Greyhound $80.

Hallbag

Reaction score
yep, earlier in thread some people said they were going to post some dyno results...

Dyno results (hopefully) coming to a theatre near you soon. Base line pulls tomorrow, intake plus exhaust install this weekend, post dyno results sometime after Christmas. I’ll try to do as full of a write-up as I can about before & after sound/dyno/mpg as my unscientific mind can produce.

Users who are viewing this thread