5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX – The Ultimate Raptor Killer:

LessDodgeMoreRam

Reaction score
I am very sad, but unless I am reading it wrong, the tow capacity is a bit over 8K. That means it won’t tow my toy hauler. That pretty much means I can’t pick one up

They said this during the reveal as well. Also a 1300 payload capacity.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats not correct. You can’t simply update it. It’s completely different hardware. You’re missing the point. I get it that you buy the truck for it’s off-road capabilities. You are still spending up to 100k on outdated tech
Lmao! "You're missing the point PowerJRod!!!!" Sounds like my 9 year old. Hahaha! I get the point dude, but some people have a habit of being more focused on their makeup rather than their clothing...like the people who wine about the smallest things. :rolleyes:

Tonner

Reaction score
Lmao! "You're missing the point PowerJRod!!!!" Sounds like my 9 year old. Hahaha! I get the point dude, but some people have a habit of being more focused on their makeup rather than their clothing...like the people who wine about the smallest things. :rolleyes:
If that analogy made any sense whatsoever it may have been a good burn. Nice try though dude. I’ll give you an A for effort. I do however have a bridge I’d like to sell you. It has a 702 HP engine in it. Interested?

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Sounds like you are saying "people miss the forest for the trees" or get caught up in the minor details. You're getting a 700+ hp truck, why do you care about the radio?
Except you're paying a premium for that engine. And that radio. And all other parts of the truck. It's a lot of money, why wouldn't you get caught up in the details?
"Look at all the engine we were generous enough to give you, be happy you got a radio at all." pbzzzz

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If that analogy made any sense whatsoever it may have been a good burn. Nice try though dude. I’ll give you an A for effort. I do however have a bridge I’d like to sell you. It has a 702 HP engine in it. Interested?
It made perfect sense to the ones who understand what it meant.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like you are saying "people miss the forest for the trees" or get caught up in the minor details. You're getting a 700+ hp truck, why do you care about the radio?
Except you're paying a premium for that engine. And that radio. And all other parts of the truck. It's a lot of money, why wouldn't you get caught up in the details?
"Look at all the engine we were generous enough to give you, be happy you got a radio at all." pbzzzz

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sure...but you're not really paying the premiums for the radio. Think about it this way....
why would you truly want a TRX? For the radio/Uconnect upgrades??? That's like saying I'm buying a 6.2 supercharged V8 with 700HP for the great gas mileage it will get while climbing up hill off-road.
Another point...the current Uconnect system is already way ahead of any other truck system...it's better than Nissan, Toyota, GM and maybe about even with Ford. Am I truly incorrect????

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Well, see, that's where I disagree. That engine, and that suspension, and all that fancy engineering only get you so far. And it certainly isn't $100k. Underneath all that is still a Ram. And each component is accounted for somewhere in that price. YOU might be getting the TRX solely for the power. But, for that kind of money, I want the power AND the radio. And the leather seats. And technology. And headlights that follow the steering. And the on and on.
Comparing someone wanting an equally nice radio in their expensive truck to wanting a ridiculous muscle truck to also have good fuel economy is apples and oranges.
And to your last point, yes, I believe the UConnect system is head and shoulders above the competition, but if we were ever satisfied with good enough or slightly better, a TRX would never have existed.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, see, that's where I disagree. That engine, and that suspension, and all that fancy engineering only get you so far. And it certainly isn't $100k. Underneath all that is still a Ram. And each component is accounted for somewhere in that price. YOU might be getting the TRX solely for the power. But, for that kind of money, I want the power AND the radio. And the leather seats. And technology. And headlights that follow the steering. And the on and on.
Comparing someone wanting an equally nice radio in their expensive truck to wanting a ridiculous muscle truck to also have good fuel economy is apples and oranges.
And to your last point, yes, I believe the UConnect system is head and shoulders above the competition, but if we were ever satisfied with good enough or slightly better, a TRX would never have existed.
your comment is completely reasonable and I do understand your point of view. All I'm saying is that here is the TRX that just came out... boasting how it's suppose to squash a Raptor as it lists off all of the capabilities and powertrain as well as the off road equipment....and then there's the one guy that says "well what about the radio?" Price isn't even a consideration with what I'm talking about here lol. It's more like the petty entitlement of the common grocery truck driver that wants an off road truck to use for..... groceries....

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
No. They announced the UConnect 5 in January. The new Durango and Pacifica are getting it for 2021. 5x faster, more memory and higher resolution screens. Again outdated tech before they even make the damn thing
^^^ Took the words out of my mouth ^^^

So they are putting a 2+ year-old infotainment system in the new TRX, which is sad. They should have gone with UConnect 5, which is the latest and gets OTA updates, wireless CarPlay, and higher resolution. So agree that this is ridiculous.

In contrast, the 2021 F-150 announced a few weeks ago will have the latest infotainment available on their lineup (Sync4), which has similar features as Uconnect 5, so it’s a given that the redesigned 2021 Raptor will have this also.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
your comment is completely reasonable and I do understand your point of view. All I'm saying is that here is the TRX that just came out... boasting how it's suppose to squash a Raptor as it lists off all of the capabilities and powertrain as well as the off road equipment....and then there's the one guy that says "well what about the radio?" Price isn't even a consideration with what I'm talking about here lol. It's more like the petty entitlement of the common grocery truck driver that wants an off road truck to use for..... groceries....
No, it's buying a top of the line performance vehicle and getting... a vehicle that performs mostly top of the line. You don't buy a Tesla JUST because of the electric motors, or that it goes 0-60 in sub 3 sec. You buy it for that AND the tech inside. Otherwise, buy a Prius or a Leaf. All the things you're stating "make it the TRX" are all things you can do to your current truck, which would have the same tech inside it as the $90k truck.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For everyone that is begging and screaming for UConnect 5, nobody is forcing you to be one of the first to purchase a TRX. The TRX isn’t going anywhere so instead of all of this back and forth, just wait a year or so, then there you go, you’ll probably be able to get the TRX with UConnect 5.

For those “gotta have it now” buyers, I’d be willing to bet that 99.9% could care less about what UConnect version they’re getting.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
For everyone that is begging and screaming for UConnect 5, nobody is forcing you to be one of the first to purchase a TRX. The TRX isn’t going anywhere so instead of all of this back and forth, just wait a year or so, then there you go, you’ll probably be able to get the TRX with UConnect 5.

For those “gotta have it now” buyers, I’d be willing to bet that 99.9% could care less about what UConnect version they’re getting.

It's not about being forced to buy. It comes down to questionable design decisions. These guys are coming out with the latest, greatest, biggest, baddest muscle truck that ever lived. Something to leave the Raptor in the dust. Arguably Ram's flagship vehicle. And they don't put the best radio/infotainment available into it? Emphasis on "available". They have the UConnect 5. And even if it isn't quite "done", it will be by the time the TRX starts shipping.

It would like Samsung's new Note 20 Ultra having a camera that was standard two model phones ago.
Or Sony's flagship TV having only coax connections.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A Deeper Look At The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX Suspension:
Engineering The Best Performance Off-Roader On The Market...

RM021_375FNjcbrspm2dn8vfplqp4buriam2o.jpg

Boston

Reaction score
Took me a moment to realize it’s got a real shifter not a knob. But what’s that iPad looking thing to the right of the shifter???

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RAM Is Releasing A Limited Production Launch Edition Of The TRX:
Only 702 Launch Edition Models Will Be Made...

RM021_428FN6avggggt93tdrfgb5sarosjbnj.jpg

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Took me a moment to realize it’s got a real shifter not a knob. But what’s that iPad looking thing to the right of the shifter???
I think that would be the cup holder cover. I couldn’t find a good description of the center consoles

RGLAF

Reaction score
It’s a cellphone, probably included in the pic to highlight wireless charging ability.

Users who are viewing this thread