5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX – The Ultimate Raptor Killer:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve looked and for my needs all I want is the engine / and the suspension that comes with it. I don’t need the bells and whistles , but I am sure I am the minority there...

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve looked and for my needs all I want is the engine / and the suspension that comes with it. I don’t need the bells and whistles , but I am sure I am the minority there...
Mine could have crank windows and a bench seat, I'd be having too much fun to notice just listening to that whine from the supercharger

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
I'm very excited about this. There's a 50% chance I'll put a deposit down on a launch edition if I can find a dealer to do it at invoice. Also depends on what the CPA thinks given this is a company truck. I only have one gripe, and this black being the only interior option. Sure the stitching helps, but seriously. Give me some black and blue two tone, or a grey/blue. Something to spice the inside up. I have indigo frost on my Limited and it looks so much more luxurious than the all black limited...at least that's what every single person who's ever sat in my truck has said.

As far as the Raptor goes, who cares. That turd became irrelevant to me when Ford put that Honda sounding ecoboost in it.

I don't see pricing being a deterrent, considering the name of the game in the high end truck market is buying more than you can afford. Tons of people putting cars on 7 and 8 year notes! WTF. People will just finance these things longer and longer, which is exactly why pricing is getting so out of hand on things.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine could have crank windows and a bench seat, I'd be having too much fun to notice just listening to that whine from the supercharger
this. give me a tradesman trim package, no carpet, with the hellcat engine... probably will still cost less than my rebel, and ill still have bluetooth for phone calls :ROFLMAO:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm very excited about this. There's a 50% chance I'll put a deposit down on a launch edition if I can find a dealer to do it at invoice. Also depends on what the CPA thinks given this is a company truck. I only have one gripe, and this black being the only interior option. Sure the stitching helps, but seriously. Give me some black and blue two tone, or a grey/blue. Something to spice the inside up. I have indigo frost on my Limited and it looks so much more luxurious than the all black limited...at least that's what every single person who's ever sat in my truck has said.

As far as the Raptor goes, who cares. That turd became irrelevant to me when Ford put that Honda sounding ecoboost in it.

I don't see pricing being a deterrent, considering the name of the game in the high end truck market is buying more than you can afford. Tons of people putting cars on 7 and 8 year notes! WTF. People will just finance these things longer and longer, which is exactly why pricing is getting so out of hand on things.
i had no idea that banks were doing 8 year loans... jeeze. it's the american dream tho, right?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm very excited about this. There's a 50% chance I'll put a deposit down on a launch edition if I can find a dealer to do it at invoice.

Unless you have a phenomenal relationship with a dealer or know somebody who works for FCA, I don’t think you’ll be getting anywhere close to invoice on this thing. Especially the Launch Edition.

Everything we discuss on this forum as far as pricing and discounts and rebates on regular 1500s honestly goes out the window with the TRX. I highly doubt there will be ANY rebates from Ram, and most dealers will probably be adding $10-$15K to MSRP...even on special orders. And for those that get the 1% Under Invoice through their employer...I suspect the TRX will be excluded from that program.

Last edited:

STR

Reaction score
I like everything about this TRX, but unfortunately dealerships will be tacking on their ridiculous ADMs, which I refuse to pay. So I guess that I’ll have to wait a little longer... or maybe Ford will drop a V8 back into the Raptor to make things interesting again.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How Much Does The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX Cost?

RM021_375FNjcbrspm2dn8vfplqp4buriam2o.jpg

Tom488

Reaction score
You'll be lucky to find one that doesn't have a $20-$30K dealer mark-up :ROFLMAO:
My dealer quoted me straight MSRP for a non-Launch Edition model today. I would have already ordered it, but we have one small discrepancy to resolve (couldn't add one of the options to the order... just a glitch in the ordering system). I hope to have an actual order form in the next day or so.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yep, because it’s not a Launch version which is what I was referring to. You’re a bold man to buy this right out of the gate!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Come on guys! The section to the right of the shifter is a flip up door that hides the cup holders...not rocket science ;)

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I actually saw a slide with it identified as the cup holder cover, but I haven’t found it again.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
Will the TRX Console mat fit in our trucks ? I know the shifter is there now so I'm thinking no, but it would be cool if we could put that mat in there as well.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
An In-Depth Look At The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX’s Selectable Drive Modes:
Full-Time 4x4 System, Meets A Variety Of Way To Send 702 Horsepower To The Ground...

1597855978595.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome to see the off road pages going to the Rebel and ORG.

A regular Rebel is looking like a viable option again...but I still need my 8 foot bed too much.

I watched the video of them putting the TRX through all the terrains...anyone who thinks the Raptor is the better truck is going to be very disappointed.

Still waiting to hear if the Rebelle Rally is gonna happen and if the TRX will be there. Looking like next year.

And I can not wait to see this thing destroy Baja stock class.

Good times

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Like the Raptor, 99% of these will never see anything close to the launch videos. More likely to see them mall crawling or at best running around some back woods.

Cool vehicles but I'll take my Rebel and a few project cars for the same money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread