5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX – The Ultimate Raptor Killer:

Ramjeep

Reaction score
Awesome to see the off road pages going to the Rebel and ORG.

A regular Rebel is looking like a viable option again...but I still need my 8 foot bed too much.

I watched the video of them putting the TRX through all the terrains...anyone who thinks the Raptor is the better truck is going to be very disappointed.

Still waiting to hear if the Rebelle Rally is gonna happen and if the TRX will be there. Looking like next year.

And I can not wait to see this thing destroy Baja stock class.

Good times

Is it confirmed that the rebel and ORG are getting the off road pages ?

antwon412

Reaction score
Be nice if I could update my 2020 Rebel uConnets to display the off road pages.
Haven’t read the article not sure if there are mechanical changes

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the Uconnect Hardwear changing for 2021? If it is, then I doubt ram will put in the effort to port it back to 2019/2020 models

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No it’s not changing for 2021. My guess is 2022 if they do a mid cycle refresh for the 1500.

I think you hit the nail on the head. 2022 seems like an opportune year for a slight mid-cycle refresh on the 1500s. 2022 is also when the new Heavy Duty’s will be out. Seems like a good time to roll out UConnect 5 across the entire Ram line-up.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think people forget that RAM and Mopar are not new to this.

And do you realize how long this TRX has been being built. Well, let us just agree it has been a long time.

Just some pics to remind the doubters that RAM knows a thing or 3 about off road trucks.

6c68e94167987b4eec3e75a94f7be195.jpg 229630.jpg da654ccd8a051f2cfc59ae8f6b7ecd79.jpg hqdefault.jpg MP011_023RM__mid.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think people forget that RAM and Mopar are not new to this.

And do you realize how long this TRX has been being built. Well, let us just agree it has been a long time.

Just some pics to remind the doubters that RAM knows a thing or 3 about off road trucks.
Not saying that they don't. Saying that this truck is totally new and **** will happen based on that fact alone.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not saying that they don't. Saying that this truck is totally new and **** will happen based on that fact alone.
I actually wasnt making the argument against that. I was making the argument that some think this is just a failed attempt at the Raptor. Just showing they have done the homework.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Again I am going to wait it out and see what it brings to the table. Heck my current Ram isn’t really broken in from all the stuff I’ve added to it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do not particularly enjoy the thought of buying any new truck. Heck the 2018 HeftyDuty still has issues...when the right truck is bought. To that front...people are still having issues with the 2020 Classic.

It is all a gamble. Heck...to be honest...i have never bought a brand new RAM truck. I buy used and I have not had any of the issues that litter thread after thread here.(full disclosure: in spend my time here seeing who takes care of their truck and am just anxiously waiting for that Perfect REBEL to be traded in:whistle:)

It is always a pretty bright idea to not buy the new model of something...but in the Case of the Hellcat Durango...you have to buy the first one...there will not be a second.

I will be the first to say this. I can not wait for the first person to show up here, ask how to out the TRX in 2wd and then ***** that they can not.

Good times

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Again I am going to wait it out and see what it brings to the table. Heck my current Ram isn’t really broken in from all the stuff I’ve added to it.
Just for giggles, I requested instant quotes from both Carvana and Vroom to see what they'd pay cash for my truck. Carvana came back at $46K and Vroom at $46,500. I paid about $57K new for my loaded Limited that sticker just shy of $70K back in February 2019. I have also sunk about $2K in accessories on her too.

Tom488

Reaction score
Just for giggles, I requested instant quotes from both Carvana and Vroom to see what they'd pay cash for my truck. Carvana came back at $46K and Vroom at $46,500. I paid about $57K new for my loaded Limited that sticker just shy of $70K back in February 2019. I have also sunk about $2K in accessories on her too.
That's exactly what my dealer offered me for my 2019 loaded Laramie... $46K. I found that to be a reasonably fair offer - probably not going to take it, though. I'm thinking 2019 will be the daily driver/beater, and the TRX will be the weekender/"fun" vehicle. As much as I'll miss her, I think it's time to say goodbye to the '03 Cummins dually twin-turbo'd stump puller (the last of the non-emissions diesels). I'm just not hauling anything heavy anymore, and the shop can only fit so many trucks :)

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Off-Road Pages will be optional in the Rebel and you must have a 8.4 or 12-inch screen in order to get them.

Users who are viewing this thread