5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow Exhaust installed!

RenoRam

Reaction score
I hear what you guys are saying, but is it only me that feels this should been taken care of on Magnaflow’s end ? :)
It was for me. I just had minor adjustment and tightened.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called John at Hottexhaust and it sounds like mid December shipping. I ordered mine 11-26-18 and it is "awaiting shipping" . I bet they can't build them fast enough to keep up with sales especially with the 25% off sale recently. $621 or so at door is killer deal instead of the almost $1000 some other systems can cost. I hope it has good cab sound minimizing drone. I can handle distant thunderstorm rumble but a drone that carries on like a mother in law visiting for the holidays would be disappointing ......lol :oops:
I ordered mine from moddiction.com for $662.62 black friday deal.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received an email that says my exhaust may ship in next 24-48 hours that wants me to respond when it arrives. sooooooo.....maybe it will come sooner! HoHoHo possible early Santa visit Update....Dec 10 and still "waiting to ship" maybe it will finally come in next few days as Hottexhaust said maybe the 12th it could come off backorder.************update****** Woohoo...the Magnaflow cat back will be here Friday 12-14-18. Hope to get it on maybe Saturday. :)****update #2**** Arrived Friday so I headed to exhaust shop and got it installed!! Very well made and larger diameter pipe. Factory was heavier with more twists and turns and big fat muffler. Magna flow sounds great at idle and makes you smile when you play high school kid with a hot rod. Seems to have more low end torque as it takes off with not much throttle. Eco light seems to come on easier when you back off throttle. Interior noise has some distant rumble (until you tromp on right pedal than you think you are in a Challenger instead of a big truck) This truck sets you back in the seat! It feels faster than it actually is, I am sure. IMG_3433.JPG IMG_3432.JPG IMG_3296.JPG It gets nice and subdued when cruising and engine not doing much work. I am happy with my choice. Others talk about "break in" of system so will see how it sounds with some miles. I include a pic of factory exhaust.

Last edited:

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
For anyone is still on the fence. Hotexhaust.com is still running a 20% sale on them $662.62 if you email them and ask for the code. Fyi... I spoke with Magnaflow yesterday and they had 39 pt# 19429 in stock ( well 38 now :). Seems they all ship direct from Magnaflow in Ca. I wont be able to get installed to first of the year, but will post a video.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For anyone is still on the fence. Hotexhaust.com is still running a 20% sale on them $662.62 if you email them and ask for the code. Fyi... I spoke with Magnaflow yesterday and they had 39 pt# 19429 in stock ( well 38 now :). Seems they all ship direct from Magnaflow in Ca. I wont be able to get installed to first of the year, but will post a video.

Got off the fence and ordered.
You won me over, so did John from hotexhaust!

I was looking at a borla touring, I was really looking for more of a mellow rumble. I came from a borla XR1 and I love the tone, I just wanted a little less volume "next time around".
I'm a teensy bit worried that it might be on the loud side, I mean in terms of carrying noise. I don't wanna turn the heads of the local cops too much if I'm minding my own business.

But it sounds to me like this exhaust is felt more than heard.
Low and rumbly vs loud and choppy.
Powerful but the top end of the noise is muffled.
Hope that impression is right!

Hopefully this is it!

Huuuge thank you To everyone that has posted reviews and videos, and to you for letting us know the sale was still on

Attachments

• bor-40085_ml.jpg
    bor-40085_ml.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 29

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Bought mine while laying in bed last night. Got that exact price...$662.62. Free FedEx shipping. For those of you who didn't install your own, where did you take it to have it installed? Then again, I just might try it on my own.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Bought mine while laying in bed last night. Got that exact price...$662.62. Free FedEx shipping. For those of you who didn't install your own, where did you take it to have it installed? Then again, I just might try it on my own.

My dealer is installing it. I think they quoted me $165. I spoke with the service manager and he said they install them all the time for customers. Said I would be the first19 they have installed one on though.

louz

Reaction score
I took mine to my dealer. They charged me $150. worth it to me.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Video does not do the sound justice imo. It is definitely louder in person and is perfect for what I was seeking, which is an old school v8 sound.
I recommend listening with headphones to get realistic bass of what exhaust sounds like. Also if person driving says something or sneezes etc it gives comparison for sound levels. Radio volume 6 is about enough to cover exhaust sound of easy non aggressive driving.

RenoRam

Reaction score
I recommend listening with headphones to get realistic bass of what exhaust sounds like. Also if person driving says something or sneezes etc it gives comparison for sound levels. Radio volume 6 is about enough to cover exhaust sound of easy non aggressive driving.
Still believe that none of the videos from anyone or any manufacturer gives you the same experience as listening in person. It comes down to the individual and their preference for what type of sound is best.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True! I actually think some videos over enhance the low level "boominess" so it really needs to be heard in person. All of the exhausts are going to be louder at cold start until rig warms up some and idle drops. It does make anyone around in ear shot glance over to see what vehicle has that great powerful sound then thinking wow, thats that good looking new Ram truck. My local exhaust shop installed my Magnaflow cat back for $175. I kept old system in case next owner wants it quiet.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True! I actually think some videos over enhance the low level "boominess" so it really needs to be heard in person. All of the exhausts are going to be louder at cold start until rig warms up some and idle drops. It does make anyone around in ear shot glance over to see what vehicle has that great powerful sound then thinking wow, thats that good looking new Ram truck. My local exhaust shop installed my Magnaflow cat back for $175. I kept old system in case next owner wants it quiet.

I'll never forget the first time I heard the coldstart on my old Rebel after putting the borla on it.
i was used to the frustratingly quiet stock unit...

The moment I hit the keyfob, and the V8 opened a can of audio whoop-***?
I remember sitting there giggling

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll never forget the first time I heard the coldstart on my old Rebel after putting the borla on it.
i was used to the frustratingly quiet stock unit...

The moment I hit the keyfob, and the V8 opened a can of audio whoop-***?
I remember sitting there giggling
Kinda like Christmas morning as a kid and you just got a new Red Ryder BB gun rifle!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed it myself with no prior experience with exhaust installation and it was pretty cut and dry. It took me about 3.5 hours from start to finish to complete (removing stock exhaust and mounting the magnaflow). Let me give you a huge TIP. I spent a lot of time struggling to get the stock exhaust off the rubber hangers until i did this.. . Spray the Rubber hangers with some lubricant and use a pair of channel locks to get them to slide right off and re-spray when hanging new exhaust) Unless you son't care to spend the money on labor this install was well worth the time to do it myself

Lateralus

Reaction score
Mine will be here today (for some reason they require a signature, wish I had known prior). I won't be putting it on until this weekend, as my son wants to hear the before and after...
The anticipation is building; once it is here I will have a hard time waiting

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Where did you order from?

warmachine

Reaction score
I put my kit on yesterday. Fit was perfect and took about 45 minutes to install. I do have a hoist at home and proper exhaust hanger removal pliers.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to upload videos but I can't make it work so far for Magnaflow cat back. I'll see if I can get a millennial kid to help me.:unsure: IMG_3432.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread