5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow Exhaust installed!

John

Reaction score
Yes, you can definitely hear it from inside the vehicle. It sounds really good to me! I especially hear it when I remove my foot from the brake and the engine comes to life! (I have etorque).

John

anthonysnell

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with exhaust systems. I'm wanting a more aggressive sound and I like what I hear from the Magnaflow. From inside the cabin I would like to hear it a little under idle and cruising, but not to the point where I get a headache after an hour of driving. I like to hear it further upon acceleration from inside the cabin. I also don't want to upset the neighbors. I'm 45, so I like the increased sound, but I'm not looking to turn heads wherever I go. Is this wishful thinking for an aftermarket system.

John

Reaction score
Completely understandable. Get the Magnaflow Cat Back system and you will be satisfied!!! I have neighbors with 2 kids under 3 and no problem with them at all. And you won't get a headache either!

John

768mph

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with exhaust systems. I'm wanting a more aggressive sound and I like what I hear from the Magnaflow. From inside the cabin I would like to hear it a little under idle and cruising, but not to the point where I get a headache after an hour of driving. I like to hear it further upon acceleration from inside the cabin. I also don't want to upset the neighbors. I'm 45, so I like the increased sound, but I'm not looking to turn heads wherever I go. Is this wishful thinking for an aftermarket system.
This is exactly the system you want.

billyraff

Reaction score
This is really specific but does anyone know the weight savings/addition of the magnaflow compared to stock?

anthonysnell

Reaction score
Completely understandable. Get the Magnaflow Cat Back system and you will be satisfied!!! I have neighbors with 2 kids under 3 and no problem with them at all. And you won't get a headache either!

John
Thank you for the comments.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Does the Magnaflow system allow you to adjust the tips? May be a dealbreaker if not, can't stand it when they're crooked.

John

Reaction score
Yes, all about having them in the right place then tighten the clamps! Side to side in and out!! Very user friendly!

John

768mph

Reaction score
Does the Magnaflow system allow you to adjust the tips? May be a dealbreaker if not, can't stand it when they're crooked.
Yes and no. The tips and tailpipes are fixed BUT the movement from the connections allow you to move them to straighten them out.
The exhaust hangers have about 2” left to right adjustability. And the way this catback is designed puts the tips flush with your bumper; doesn’t stick out.

All in all, it will align straight. You may need a couple warm cycles and readjustment. But WILL be straight. Very straight forward install.

Attachments

• BDE8FF39-0BEC-4D7E-908B-8F6B40123681.jpeg
    BDE8FF39-0BEC-4D7E-908B-8F6B40123681.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
  • 2F3508FD-F918-4C52-8ABD-299FB5841A3B.jpeg
    2F3508FD-F918-4C52-8ABD-299FB5841A3B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 151

RenoRam

Reaction score
Yes and no. The tips and tailpipes are fixed BUT the movement from the connections allow you to move them to straighten them out.
The exhaust hangers have about 2” left to right adjustability. And the way this catback is designed puts the tips flush with your bumper; doesn’t stick out.

All in all, it will align straight. You may need a couple warm cycles and readjustment. But WILL be straight. Very straight forward install.
Agreed! Would suggest checking your clamps for proper torque after about 50 miles and use the opportunity for any minor adjustments that may be needed

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Delivery arrived today instead of Monday, well I could not waist a good Saturday! (Even though it was 30° outside)
Offroad 2 setting and ramps works perfectly for height and clearance.

Cold start

Start up and revs

Videos don’t do it justice. The depth of the sound is lost and is louder than the video depicts. Camera is 10 ft away. I’ll get more videos driving and after it’s broken in.

Is this the Magnaflow MF 19430 or could you share exactly what you ordered. I think this is my next purchase. Looks and sounds good even though I'm sure it sounds better in person. Great to hear there is no drone. I had a magnaflow system on an older F150 that gave me a headache on the highway.

John

Reaction score
Is this the Magnaflow MF 19430 or could you share exactly what you ordered. I think this is my next purchase. Looks and sounds good even though I'm sure it sounds better in person. Great to hear there is no drone. I had a magnaflow system on an older F150 that gave me a headache on the highway.
14930 is the black tip, 14929 is the polished ss tips. Contact Nick at Gotexhaust.com he will help you out quickly!!

John

RenoRam

Reaction score
14930 is the black tip, 14929 is the polished ss tips. Contact Nick at Gotexhaust.com he will help you out quickly!!

John
I think John inverted the numbers. 19430 is the coated black pipes and tips while 19429 is the stainless version. I have the 19430 version. You should be able to see pics of both versions in this thread. It is an a cool old school sound imo.

CaptainAwesome

Reaction score
I'm curious, we ALL seem to remove the left side as one unit instead of simply cutting it in half! Why?? After I did mine I thought "why didn't I cut it" who is ever going to buy it!!! Or sell it!!! Or put it back on!!! Just the challenge I guess!!

John
I cut mine. Never look back! :) It's going to the recycle dump this weekend as a matter of fact. I've had it on for around a month and it seems to be getting louder every day. I'm loving it. Congrats on yours.

MopaRAMan

Reaction score
i had the tunnel ram installed on my truck i think it sounds better than magnaflow
I’ve been considering the tunnel Ram, but I’ve only seen videos that rev the truck while sitting. Would love to hear it while driving/ accelerating. Is there any drone, MDS drone? How much did you have to pay?

Rwillistx

Reaction score
I’ve been considering the tunnel Ram, but I’ve only seen videos that rev the truck while sitting. Would love to hear it while driving/ accelerating. Is there any drone, MDS drone? How much did you have to pay?
There is humm when mds kicks on so every time I start truck I disengage mds until my edge pulsar come in, the cost was 800 and what a difference I have had borla and magnaflow exhaust in the past but this tunnel ram is by far much better by 3X

mhb1638

Reaction score
There is humm when mds kicks on so every time I start truck I disengage mds until my edge pulsar come in, the cost was 800 and what a difference I have had borla and magnaflow exhaust in the past but this tunnel ram is by far much better by 3X
Not willing to drive 15 hours for an exhaust...just me

Users who are viewing this thread