5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered 5th gens?

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
I had the MaxTrac rear level springs on mine for awhile with no complaints and they have them listed for 2wd and 4wd.
I hauled over 1400lbs in the bed with those Maxtrac springs with NO airbags and never bottomed out, I also towed over a ton of gravel several times with zero problems on those MaxTrac springs.

Do what you want, its your truck. But if you want to do it the easy way and not hack the stock springs just get the MaxTracs.... don't over think it.
You're probobly right... I do tend to do that... :unsure:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They use a progressive spring. I still have about a half inch of rake. I didn’t have the orp springs. They are cheap and rake 20min to install and the outcome is nice. Mine will be for sale soon as I want the 2/4 in drop (which uses the Oem front springs)
73065e1635aae47385321e0b2e7cc9f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
Thanks for posting such a clear picture. The coils do look completely different. That would worry me. Wire diameter is definitely different. Also, I can see the part number on the new coil. That is the part number for 2018 and older. I think the PN for the DT or 2019 and newer is a -19 (272920-19).

I don't think the oem coil can be modified. It has a tapered seat. It wouldn't sit right in the perch if I were to cut it. So that's out.

What is orp?

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s just a spring that was designed for this application.. these have been in use for years, don’t worry so much. And yes because one is a progressive rate the other is not.

People who complain about them usually don’t have them clocked correctly.

And off road package, those spring rates sit about an inch higher than non off-road parade equipped trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puddingstomp

Reaction score
Good to know. Ive got a bunch of emails out to manufactures. I guess what Im seeing is that Maxtrac springs is for 2WD only. Its Pro-Suspension that has listings for 2WD and 4WD. That is whats confusing me.

PS 2018 Model 2WD 272720
PS 2018 Model 4WD 272920
PS 2019 - Up Model 2WD 272720-19
PS 2019 - Up Model 4WD 272920-19

Maxtrac just has a listing for 2WD on their site. Im wondering if they are the same company.

So, I just got an email from Pro-Suspension. They said they same thing I mentioned in the above thread....

DOES anyone have a picture they can post of any OEM stock rear coil out of a 5th Gen 4WD Ram? I just want to see how it looks. Thanks!
I'll snap some pics of mine this weekend when I get them out. I'm going the IHC 3/5 kit for 4x4. I'll also snap pics of the rear drop/levelling springs my wife ordered for me that I chose not to install.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Nice, looks good!

How did the camber turn out?

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
I'll snap some pics of mine this weekend when I get them out. I'm going the IHC 3/5 kit for 4x4. I'll also snap pics of the rear drop/levelling springs my wife ordered for me that I chose not to install.
Great! Thank you!

1lowcab

Reaction score
I can't remember the specs but it is visibly out when you look at it. My alignment guy tried everything to get it in the green but no go.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Which is fine because these OEM tires suck anyway. lol

Users who are viewing this thread