5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered 5th gens?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^ ditto. The high speed vibration complaints from that kit seem to be the minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flufdk

Reaction score
If you want to go low low there is only IHC, with their cut kit. They have chosen not to direct links to 4x4 for the reason that they do not have anyone who can provide support, but I can do that if it can help. You have to write/call to Johnny from IHC, and he will be happy to help. I have lowered my 6-7 "and when you lower your truck so much there can come some high speed vibration when transmission and rear axle is level, but that has nothing to do with it is IHC. It can also be solved by raising the transmission and adjusting rear axle so the angel is correct again.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Mine is the Maxtrac 2/4. It rides like stock, very smooth and zero vibration all the way up to the speed limiter at 105 mph.

I do have slight negative camber with this kit that can't be corrected. If I were to do it over I would buy the IHC kit and use everything but the front lower control arms (thats the only thing that won't fit a 4x4) and then buy the MaxTrac adjustable front struts. With that setup you could go low and still have factory camber settings.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
Im sure this has been said many time as well, but i Dm with belltech asked them about a lowering kit for the 5th gens and i got the response of... thank you for interest in our product, we are in production of both 2/4 and 3/5 kits they should be out in a little while.
so i guess we will see what we will see? i have the max 2/4 kit but have not installed, im also talking to a shop about having a complete airbag setup, not for those that wanna go that route it is not cheap! if anyone has seen or follows burrellimages he has talked about his ram on bags he has since sold it, but the price and i was quoted the same was 25k! now i did but mine just for that reason this will be a show truck/daily for me, should have had my 04 silverado bagged was way cheaper back then lol! i do like the static look as well, so im at that crossroad of static and and noise makers(headers, cam, supercharger) or bagged.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lowered roughly 3” in the rear. I’d love to do a maxtrac 2/4 but I have heard way too many stories about how crappy it rides. My truck rides so good right now and I don’t want to ruin that.

F1F8E204-0B29-4E15-8B85-9BD7CE7108F1.jpeg

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lots of nice looking rigs... seeing some of these 2/4 drops makes me realize my truck in entry/exit mode has more of a drop than I thought!

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im sure this has been said many time as well, but i Dm with belltech asked them about a lowering kit for the 5th gens and i got the response of... thank you for interest in our product, we are in production of both 2/4 and 3/5 kits they should be out in a little while.
so i guess we will see what we will see? i have the max 2/4 kit but have not installed, im also talking to a shop about having a complete airbag setup, not for those that wanna go that route it is not cheap! if anyone has seen or follows burrellimages he has talked about his ram on bags he has since sold it, but the price and i was quoted the same was 25k! now i did but mine just for that reason this will be a show truck/daily for me, should have had my 04 silverado bagged was way cheaper back then lol! i do like the static look as well, so im at that crossroad of static and and noise makers(headers, cam, supercharger) or bagged.
I’ve been hearing that from Belltech for over a year. Last time I called them, they stated that they start developing for the lowest possible kit and then work their way up. I’m surprised that a company that has done suspension kits for decades has taken this long to develop a kit for these trucks. But, I’m hoping they come out with a kit that works better than the current ones. That’s why I’ve been holding out.

Superslow

Reaction score
I ordered the maxtrax 2 inch springs coming for my 2021 bighorn. Hopefully it sits level. Running on 20X10 with 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
depends on the springs you ordered. I prefer a little rake which is why I wil be going with the 272920 part number.

I'd like the 2/4 but I also am not ready for the headache of unknowns and poor drivability that comes with it.

1lowcab

Reaction score
The main thing with the Maxtrac and I'm pretty sure with the IHC as well is you have to clock the rear springs, put them in the right orientation. I think that is where people are getting the weird drivability issues, as mine drives like it did stock.

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Which companies sell rear springs that will level the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread