5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered 5th gens?

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The main thing with the Maxtrac and I'm pretty sure with the IHC as well is you have to clock the rear springs, put them in the right orientation. I think that is where people are getting the weird drivability issues, as mine drives like it did stock.
It doesn’t ride rough with the maxtrac rear shocks?

1lowcab

Reaction score
It doesn’t ride rough with the maxtrac rear shocks?
I mean anytime you lower a vehicle you will pick up some stiffness, it is a little stiffer then stock but in a good way. I've had lots of different lowered vehicles and this is by far the nicest riding one, 99.9 percent of the time you don't even remember its lowered when your driving it, lol.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
so with the maxtrac 2/4, there is no ride compromise for the front? and as long as the rear springs are clocked correctly in position (how do you know this? how do you do this?) there is no difference in ride for the rear either?

1lowcab

Reaction score
It is stiffer but not harsh by any means., and I have hit the bumpstops in the rear once or twice on sharp dips but I don't have my airbags in yet. There is a video on youtube about how to clock the rears, I'll see if I can find it again.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is stiffer but not harsh by any means., and I have hit the bumpstops in the rear once or twice on sharp dips but I don't have my airbags in yet. There is a video on youtube about how to clock the rears, I'll see if I can find it again.
I’m interested in the video too.

ironman8282

Reaction score
I have a Ihc 4x4 3/5 lowering kit for sale lol
Ihc will ship you the 4x4 kit they don’t post in the website. I have one installed on my 2020 I bought another one for my other truck and it got totaled before I could even install it. So if anyone is interested it’s for sale list price is about 1360 I think 1100 takes it

1lowcab

Reaction score
Ok, here is the vid. The process is the same on the MaxTrac springs.
This is how I have mine and have had zero problems with it.

Superslow

Reaction score
depends on the springs you ordered. I prefer a little rake which is why I wil be going with the 272920 part number.

I'd like the 2/4 but I also am not ready for the headache of unknowns and poor drivability that comes with it.
I received the MXT-272920. So I assume that will leave a little bit of rake in the back? I will try and get these installed this weekend if I have time...

blue_by_you

Reaction score
those are the same I ordered and they leave a little rake instead of a full 2" or more drop. i prefer that.

Superslow

Reaction score
I lowered mine today with the coils. Pretty easy install. Drove it around. Could not tell any ride difference from stock. Once the sun is out and its not pouring I will get some pics.

Clv22p

Reaction score
To those of you who have installed Maxtrac rear lowering coils and airlift bags what part number did you use?

I tried installing airlift part number 60828 bags in the 272920 coils, but they wouldn’t fit in there. They would slide down in the stock coils, the the maxtrac springs were a slightly smaller diameter.

It rides exactly like stock, so very happy with that. I would just like some extra support when towing/have a load.

I do want to do a 2/4 drop. The leveling springs only aren’t enough. 🤦‍♂️

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To those of you who have installed Maxtrac rear lowering coils and airlift bags what part number did you use?

I tried installing airlift part number 60828 bags in the 272920 coils, but they wouldn’t fit in there. They would slide down in the stock coils, the the maxtrac springs were a slightly smaller diameter.

It rides exactly like stock, so very happy with that. I would just like some extra support when towing/have a load.

I do want to do a 2/4 drop. The leveling springs only aren’t enough. 🤦‍♂️
I have the Maxtrac 272920 springs and airlift 1000HD’s. It was one heck of a time getting them in the coils but I got em in and they’ve worked great for over 6,000 miles. My truck does ride a little stiffer when empty but I carry an extra 300 pounds of fuel so it’s not to bad when the tank’s full.

Clv22p

Reaction score
I have the Maxtrac 272920 springs and airlift 1000HD’s. It was one heck of a time getting them in the coils but I got em in and they’ve worked great for over 6,000 miles. My truck does ride a little stiffer when empty but I carry an extra 300 pounds of fuel so it’s not to bad when the tank’s full.
How the hell did you get them in there!? Haha. I struggled to get one halfway and couldn’t get any more, then it took everything I had to get it back out!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How the hell did you get them in there!? Haha. I struggled to get one halfway and couldn’t get any more, then it took everything I had to get it back out!
Haha! Yeah it was a pain, I saw some videos where people folded the bag like a hot dog and put it in that way. That worked pretty good and once you get the bag about half way in it went in the rest of the way pretty easy. Also try soapy water

Clv22p

Reaction score
Haha! Yeah it was a pain, I saw some videos where people folded the bag like a hot dog and put it in that way. That worked pretty good and once you get the bag about half way in it went in the rest of the way pretty easy. Also try soapy water
I tried to fold but that didn’t work. I didn’t think about soapy water. I’ll probably attempt again when I put the Hellwig sway bar one.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to fold but that didn’t work. I didn’t think about soapy water. I’ll probably attempt again when I put the Hellwig sway bar one.
Yeah I initially thought I had the wrong springs too since they’re slightly smaller than the stock ones regarding inner diameter. A slippery agent and some patience and you’ll get it!
I’ve got the hellwig too lol, that thing is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread