5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered 5th gens?

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
IHC and Maxtrac both make great kits. The only problem with IHC is the shocks. So I suggest upgrading them and getting the helper bags for the coils. I tow and put my atv in the bed so the air bags help a lot and keep the truck sitting level!
so what shocks will work? i dont tow anything so the helper bags would have no use? and from what ive read people order the control arm for the maxtrac? cause they didnt make one?

dropped5thgen

Reaction score
so what shocks will work? i dont tow anything so the helper bags would have no use? and from what ive read people order the control arm for the maxtrac? cause they didnt make one?
Yes exactly and the helper bags I would still get even if you don’t tow or put a lot of weight in the bed. They also help from the truck bottoming out if you don’t get the cut kit brackets for the upper and lower rear control arms.
Honestly I can’t answer the first part of your question lol
I’m currently in the market for aftermarket rear shocks so once I find ones that fit I’ll post here!
There’s a guy in here who has bilstien 5100 series shocks from a Ford ranger on his ram with the max trac 2/4 drop.
I’m unsure how they would work with my 3/5 drop.

oaviking06

Reaction score
Its great, it feels basically like stock.. its just a lil bouncy in the rear but not bad.. When i say bouncy, its not bad, i could just feel my head nodding back and forth just a little.. but someone told me it was because its stiff.. im getting use to it or maybe the springs in the rear are settling in.. I can cruise 75-85 down the highway no problems with the ups and downs of the highway. No rubbing when turning, no bottoming out with the cut kit. Only thing is expected with a lowered truck, steep inclines on driveways/entrances. And i will always try and back into a spot so the front wont drag onto the curb..

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m on a 3/5 IHC drop with borla atak cat back. Clearance is very tight lol. I have about a 1/2” clearance from the tail pipes to my spohn panhand bar. With my helper bags in the coils I’ve never had issues hitting my tail pipes.
Can you post a picture of the panhard relocation bracket from the IHC kit installed on your truck? Spohn panhard bar doesn’t fit the maxtrac panhard bracket.

WreckitRocco

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Big Horn on Sunday and I want to drop ot and put 24s on it. I'm leaning towards the IHC 3/5 after reading the thread, was originally considering the 4/6, but I don't know what size 24s I can run without issues. Wheel and tire sizes would help if anyone has input would want to know offset ranges too. Thanks!

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
i really thing the best thing is to notch the rear, when u get so low your gonna bottom out? i really wanna bag all four corners! just a simple bag job, i asked about one and the guy was selling me on the full on deal thats at 25-30k! so im still in my research mode, i bought this truck with customize in mind, just really wish like all of us the belltech would get off their butts and make a quality kit like they have for the earlier year trucks!!!! ya get the same robot answer... we are working on those kits!!! by the time the 2026s come out then they will have the 5th gen kits ready!

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
ok funny maybe just me, but how long have the coilover kits been avaliable from belltech? i used to see some shim kit and nothing else now it shows the coilovers? ill try and post a link unless these have been out?

dropped5thgen

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Big Horn on Sunday and I want to drop ot and put 24s on it. I'm leaning towards the IHC 3/5 after reading the thread, was originally considering the 4/6, but I don't know what size 24s I can run without issues. Wheel and tire sizes would help if anyone has input would want to know offset ranges too. Thanks!
I’m on a 3/5 IHC drop with 22s and 305/40. I took the factory mud flaps off and I don’t rub. No trimming required

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I emailed Beltech today and inquired about the drop kits they are developing for the 5th Gen Rams. They responded and said they plan on late May for pre-orders. But, nothing so far about what kits they are developing.

1lowcab

Reaction score
I emailed Beltech today and inquired about the drop kits they are developing for the 5th Gen Rams. They responded and said they plan on late May for pre-orders. But, nothing so far about what kits they are developing.

Hopefully they figure a way to correct the camber.

WreckitRocco

Reaction score
Anyone know what offsets I can use? I would like a semi aggressive stance like 1" passed the body or flush with it. The suspension company can't give me the specs for offset because of liability. I'm honestly all over the place I can't decide between concave or deep dish wheels 🤦‍♂️

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Offset changes min/max based on the tire size.

To drop that much and have that large of an offset you’re going to have to run a smaller tire

Just look at custom offsets gallery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know what offsets I can use? I would like a semi aggressive stance like 1" passed the body or flush with it. The suspension company can't give me the specs for offset because of liability. I'm honestly all over the place I can't decide between concave or deep dish wheels 🤦‍♂️
I have 20x12 -44 offset with a maxtrac 2/4 on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread