5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud Rumbling/Revving Noise

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had it pop up today but again only work people in the back seat. So weird that makes it act up.

Zebber

Reaction score
Had it pop up today but again only work people in the back seat. So weird that makes it act up.
That seems like the only time mine does it also. When I have back seat passengers.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That seems like the only time mine does it also. When I have back seat passengers.

Why the heck does that make a difference? I'm just scratching my head on that one. Others say the same thing.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changes cabin sound and frequency response to the rear mics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wonder if disconnecting the rear mics would do it.

That said, for those that have disconnected the ANC, have you noticed an increase in noise?

deanfx

Reaction score
Hard to imagine this hasn’t been fixed yet. Surely Fiat would know people add mud tires and louder exhaust to their trucks.

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
Alex from Ram Cares has contacted me about starting a case but I think I'm waiting until I get my brake pedal recall letter to get everything taken care of at once . A pain in the rear to take it in multiple times. Has anyone received their brake pedal recall letter yet?

I went in for the ground recall and they ordered the brake pedal parts as well.

Rambruiser

Reaction score
was able to finally take a video of this, edited it with iMovie. How do I upload? What are the allowed file extensions?

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those wondering about disconnecting ANC and there being any increase in road noise, I can comment. Just unhooked mine the other day and there is a slight increase in road and wind noise at speeds above 50mph. Under that I really didn't notice much difference. Like headphones, I'd guess the noise reduction is targeted at background hums and whooshing sounds.

So it is in my opinion noticable but not hugely noticable. I could hear the engine growl more which was nice actually.

I think it would be great if they made it a user selectable option on the stereo controls. My headphones had a switch to turn on and off. I'm sure it's possible.

Henrygrate

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Same issue here. Just drove it to a dealership in Dallas. First time it happened was Saturday night driving at night in the rain. 1200 miles on the truck. Have RAM found a final fix for this? And already recall on the brakes? Having buyer remorse already!

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Same issue here. Just drove it to a dealership in Dallas. First time it happened was Saturday night driving at night in the rain. 1200 miles on the truck. Have RAM found a final fix for this? And already recall on the brakes? Having buyer remorse already!
no, they have not found a solution for this issue It seems like replacing the amp, which is what rams solution is has not fixed it for anyone! I have it too, and it is absolutely ridiculous! I'm hoping a recall for it but I don't see anything coming out soon :/

Deb G

Reaction score
I have been having a similar problem since new. A Low drone noise. Lower RPM 1500-1800. The noise is very similar to driving a standard car and being in the wrong gear and the motor working too hard at a low rpm. Being patient hoping it would go away. Noise does not change with open or closing the windows. Does not change with different radio settings. Very annoying as it is mostly in town lower speeds.
New to the forum. I am experiencing EXACTLY what you mentioned. Dealer can't seem to replicate. Lower RPM's around 1200-1500. Happens intermittently and NEVER at the dealership of course. Happens at cold start and when engine is warm. Bugs the heck out of me. :/

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
New to the forum. I am experiencing EXACTLY what you mentioned. Dealer can't seem to replicate. Lower RPM's around 1200-1500. Happens intermittently and NEVER at the dealership of course. Happens at cold start and when engine is warm. Bugs the heck out of me. :/
yes that is exactly how it behaves. we the people that have the basic sound system are the only ones who are out of luck! any upper trim Laramie, Laramie long horn, limited, or any other trim with an upper sound system won't experience that issue. and if you turn your ECO notification on, you will notice that it'll only happen when in eco. This has nothing to do with cylinder deactivation. It is the noise cancelation system and it sucks!
I wish @RamCares will really help us out to figure out a soltion because the TSB that is out there, it'll only replace you amp and that won't fix it :/

anybody else having the same issue PLEASE share you thoughts!

deanfx

Reaction score
I dropped mine off this morning and told them there is a tsb for the vnc and for the transmission update. They just called and said it was ready and fixed. I’ll let y’all know when I get it in a bit.

Henrygrate

Reaction score

They way I replicated at the dealership was keeping the truck on a flat road with Cruise Control @ 40mph. Within 2 time it started vibrating and sounding. Either in 2WD and 4WD Auto. You need to wait for the ECO light to turn on.

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
I dropped mine off this morning and told them there is a tsb for the vnc and for the transmission update. They just called and said it was ready and fixed. I’ll let y’all know when I get it in a bit.
@Henrygrate @deanfx hey guys this has nothing to do with your transmission it’s a sound system issue do me a favor, go inside your truck and through Bluetooth play this video and crank up the volume it is a frequency that is making when the cylinders are deactivating to compensate the sound which is 38hz and I makes that rumbling sound please go inside your truck and play it you’ll know what I mean

Let me know what you think

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
@Henrygrate @deanfx hey guys this has nothing to do with your transmission it’s a sound system issue do me a favor, go inside your truck and through Bluetooth play this video and crank up the volume it is a frequency that is making when the cylinders are deactivating to compensate the sound which is 38hz and I makes that rumbling sound please go inside your truck and play it you’ll know what I mean

Let me know what you think

I still think it's the ATMMs. They are supposed to offset the vibration in 4cyl mode.

Users who are viewing this thread