5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud Rumbling/Revving Noise

Spartacus

Reaction score
Yeah, I just bought a 2022 Laramie 3500 and is having this problem, man this is very annoying I have been searching all over on the ram forums I had it at the dealer and they kept it for almost two weeks so I had to go and get it back from them, they wasn't telling me nothing. I'm thinking since my is a 2022 that all of the update software has been done.

cmbutter

Reaction score
2022 Limited 1500 owner here. Been having the same problem for about two weeks now. Brought it to the dealer and couldn't replicate it. Seems like it happens when the temp reaches below freezing (F). I live in MA and for the past couple weeks it's been 30 or below most of the time. On the warmer days I'm not hearing it. Also seems to be in tandem with the engine. Frustrating.

ianr

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited 3500 Cummins with this problem. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet. Are there others with the diesel having the same problem?

cmbutter

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited 3500 Cummins with this problem. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet. Are there others with the diesel having the same problem?
I’m on vacation this week and left mine at my dealer. I’ll report back next week if there are any helpful findings

prema

Reaction score
The dealer replaced the HC amp unit today. Problem fixed! Thank you for this thread ✌️

LMorris

Reaction score
prema - could you tell me the name of the dealer and technician who replaced your HC amp to correct the loud humming revving noise? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread