5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late availability (Rambox/etorque) deliveries

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You are a bit more optimistic on the numbers then me:cautious:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just decided to be optimistic since I was making myself miserable over something I can't control. Truck is still not here but I'm having a much better time.
Plus all my co-workers took off this week so I'm catching up and getting ahead! Happy 4th!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this today

Vehicle Description:

Hi, Ed here is the information that I have received regarding your order. Your Vehicle was ordered with the Rambox Cargo Managements System & eTorque Engine. FCA is only building 10 trucks a day with the RamBox and vehicles ordered with the eTorque just began last week. Production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on consumers unique, specific configuration. We would encourage that you contact us back in 2-3 weeks for an update. I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to get you further information on your order, I hope you have a great day and a wonderful 4th of July. Sincerely, Brittaney Jeep customer care

Seems Ram chat has a new level of script in their email responses. I just got this:
here is the information I have received on your order, your vehicle was ordered with the eTorque Engine that did not begin production until last week. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in 2-3 weeks for an update. The 2019 Ram production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on consumers unique, specific configuration. I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to get more information on your order I hope you have a great day, Happy forth of July! Sincerely, Brittaney Ram customer care

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems Ram chat has a new level of script in their email responses. I just got this:
here is the information I have received on your order, your vehicle was ordered with the eTorque Engine that did not begin production until last week. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in 2-3 weeks for an update. The 2019 Ram production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on consumers unique, specific configuration. I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to get more information on your order I hope you have a great day, Happy forth of July! Sincerely, Brittaney Ram customer care
More garbage and BS. Ram online is a joke

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this today

Vehicle Description:

Hi, Ed here is the information that I have received regarding your order. Your Vehicle was ordered with the Rambox Cargo Managements System & eTorque Engine. FCA is only building 10 trucks a day with the RamBox and vehicles ordered with the eTorque just began last week. Production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on consumers unique, specific configuration. We would encourage that you contact us back in 2-3 weeks for an update. I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to get you further information on your order, I hope you have a great day and a wonderful 4th of July. Sincerely, Brittaney Jeep customer care
This is a load of BS and their is nothing personalized to you or your purchased. This is all scripted crap

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Haven't been announced yet. My guess is when the HDs debut, if at all.

come on Jared B- don't smash some of our dreams:cry:. another thing to consider is the new rebel with the" quad cab" might keep the dream alive. (i do see lots of existing 5'7" rebels with ramboxes) i truly don't see why FCA won't release their intentions on the 6'4" ram box.
If i knew there was 0% chance they would not be offered - i would be ordering a different configuration tomorrow. now i sit on the fence - hoping the "later availability" brings more aggressive pricing.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
come on Jared B- don't smash some of our dreams:cry:. another thing to consider is the new rebel with the" quad cab" might keep the dream alive. (i do see lots of existing 5'7" rebels with ramboxes) i truly don't see why FCA won't release their intentions on the 6'4" ram box.
If i knew there was 0% chance they would not be offered - i would be ordering a different configuration tomorrow. now i sit on the fence - hoping the "later availability" brings more aggressive pricing.

I'm hoping that they do offer it, and I am sure they will. I just find it odd that they haven't announced it yet. Not trying to crush anyones hopes, just trying to manage expectations lol.

sgk

Reaction score
What about rambox and 6'4" boxes?
they will be available to order in a few weeks, with a 40-52 week delivery time, hope you're kidding they cant even get the 5'7" done and they have been available for 8-10 weeks now.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Is a Rambox really worth this?

for me it is 100% worth it. you- like myself , u are in the trades business. on one side i have my tools, hi viz vest, steel tow shoes, caulking gun etc. (stuff that tends to get dirty)- the other side holds my golf stuff. change of clothing, shoes , jumper cables , battery pack , things that don't get used often- but great to have. i have 0 kids and 2 shepherds. for my preference i chose the quad cab 6'4" rambox. i use them 6 days a week. i rarely hear of someone owning them and going back. instead of having stuff in the back of my cab it is all in the ramboxes. there is a zero chance i will ever NOT have ramboxes again. even if i have to go to 5'7".

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Cant even do an 18 with the 6'4" box and rambox

i know. i even checked the internet for some pre-built - for sale- 1500 6'ft 4" ramboxes. very few to say the least. i then did a search for 2500 rams with the the 6' 4" rambox and there actually was quite a few. 2500 Isn't for me - but does give me hope they will eventually offer the 2019 -6'4" rambox -since it should be interchangeable between 1500/2500/3500. as previous. i believe.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol what Ram chat told you is not real info. Its scripted
More garbage and BS. Ram online is a joke
This is a load of BS and their is nothing personalized to you or your purchased. This is all scripted crap

It seems that nothing makes you happy, alacombe. You have to be the most negative person on this forum. You have to admit that this is better than where we were just a week or two ago. And how do you know that this information is BS/Crap/Untrue? It may be scripted, but that doesn't mean it's untrue. Do you have some inside source at FCA telling you that this is all false information? I'm guessing not. Get off your high horse, and just stop with the constant negativity.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I dont have a lot of room to talk because I bailed on my ramboxes and bought a Ram off the lot. But just so we're all on the same page, the group is collectively only upset at Ram for poor communication, correct? I mean, looking back at the whole situation....it seemed like every hour was a week. But now that they are building them....Ram said they would be late availability and they are building them at the beginning of July...seems like they were on track internally the whole time. I get they are building less than they'd like to but....beginning of July is extremely appropriate. My only gripe would be better communication. Will be VERY jealous when I see a ram in the wild with Ramboxes. Cheers!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I dont have a lot of room to talk because I bailed on my ramboxes and bought a Ram off the lot. But just so we're all on the same page, the group is collectively only upset at Ram for poor communication, correct? I mean, looking back at the whole situation....it seemed like every hour was a week. But now that they are building them....Ram said they would be late availability and they are building them at the beginning of July...seems like they were on track internally the whole time. I get they are building less than they'd like to but....beginning of July is extremely appropriate. My only gripe would be better communication. Will be VERY jealous when I see a ram in the wild with Ramboxes. Cheers!

Correct. Poor communication and 17 different answers from different customer service reps, including when you can escalate, what that entails, etc.

If someone flat out came out and said, were taking orders but the first shipment won't start until July at the earliest and well update you, I'd have been fine. Meanwhile, at 10 weeks from order and still sitting at D status with no communication as to why or path forward, it gets frustrating.

Although I would have like the truck by now, I can deal with someone, say a case manager, would perodically update one it crosses at certain time threshold, which Ram has stated is 45 days from order (or whatever they change it to)

Oh, and not thrilled about losing the $500 FCA bonus cash either because the company can't build a truck I ordered in 9 weeks and won't extend the offer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread