5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late availability (Rambox/etorque) deliveries

Kramersp

Reaction score
I believe production is going for rambox. There was probably a backlog of dealer ordered e torques they needed to pump out. Production is already a screwed up hell, they probably cant produce two different box types at the same time! Lol

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish we had a mole inside the factory to give us the inside scoop on what is going on!

cjgerson

Reaction score
I wish we had a mole inside the factory to give us the inside scoop on what is going on!
Agree! My build plan is still listed as this week but quickly running out of days.

techieanalyst

Reaction score
I order a Limited with a 6'4" box and a Hemi with etorque……..cant get rambox on the 6'4" though

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was poking around during my morning caffeine and tried something different with the ram truck site

I changed the zip to Detroit, to remove the trains from the equation

48 ETorque, I saw at least 1 supposed to be on a dealer lot, no rambox yet

The ETorque broke down into the following trims

Tradesman 5, one delivered
Laramie 4
Bighorn 34
Rebel 3
Limited 2 but no window stickers for them

So no built limited yet

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Was poking around during my morning caffeine and tried something different with the ram truck site

I changed the zip to Detroit, to remove the trains from the equation

48 ETorque, I saw at least 1 supposed to be on a dealer lot, no rambox yet

The ETorque broke down into the following trims

Tradesman 5, one delivered
Laramie 4
Bighorn 34
Rebel 3
Limited 2 but no window stickers for them

So no built limited yet
This is getting ridiculous. I understood that when they put you in D1 status, they have all the parts / pieces ready for assembly and it's just a matter of getting the truck rolling down the production line. Why put so many of us waiting for trucks with ETorque and Ramboxes into D1 a few weeks ago if they have yet to produce any trucks with the Ramboxes? Was it just to appease us and buy some more time? To make things even more frustrating there is a 2019 Ram commercial on TV every hour (at least it seems that way).

The dealers' computer showed me as being scheduled for building on 6/20 and shipped on 6/28 when I went there on Friday (6/29). Further checking showed that to be incorrect and I am still in D1. 8 weeks since ordering and there is not even a tiny light at the end of this tunnel.

Has anyone seen or heard of any official communication from FCA / Ram regarding the Rambox production? It would make it a lot easier if we had some real answers instead of advertising, unkept promises, and a chronic failure to communicate what is really going on with the production.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here, ordered May 3rd. No E-torque, just Ramboxes.
This is Day 56 for me(8 weeks!). I am now in D status. I was in D1 status for about 20 days with a "estimated"ship date of 06/14 (which still shows as valid my dealer's computer) before they moved me back to D. No end in sight. E-Torque with Ramboxes.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is Day 56 for me(8 weeks!). I am now in D status. I was in D1 status for about 20 days with a "estimated"ship date of 06/14 (which still shows as valid my dealer's computer) before they moved me back to D. No end in sight. E-Torque with Ramboxes.
Is a Rambox really worth this?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is a Rambox really worth this?
To me, that's a silly question. If I ordered a new truck every year, I'd be frustrated with the wait. But if I'm buying a truck with the intention of keeping it for 10+ years, then why would I care if my order takes 1 month or 6 months to arrive...especially if it will arrive with the specific options that I want?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To me, that's a silly question. If I ordered a new truck every year, I'd be frustrated with the wait. But if I'm buying a truck with the intention of keeping it for 10+ years, then why would I care if my order takes 1 month or 6 months to arrive...especially if it will arrive with the specific options that I want?
I just received a phone call and subsequent follow-up email from Ram. I was told the Rambox is now a "go-ahead" for build but will be done in limited quantities each day . Hopefully us Rambox peeps will start to see some movement soon!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just received a phone call and subsequent follow-up email from Ram. I was told the Rambox is now a "go-ahead" for build but will be done in limited quantities each day . Hopefully us Rambox peeps will start to see some movement soon!

I sure as hell hope so lol

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got this today

Vehicle Description:

Hi, Ed here is the information that I have received regarding your order. Your Vehicle was ordered with the Rambox Cargo Managements System & eTorque Engine. FCA is only building 10 trucks a day with the RamBox and vehicles ordered with the eTorque just began last week. Production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on consumers unique, specific configuration. We would encourage that you contact us back in 2-3 weeks for an update. I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to get you further information on your order, I hope you have a great day and a wonderful 4th of July. Sincerely, Brittaney Jeep customer care

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what percentage of Rambox orders are represented on JeepGarage, but say 10% are on there. Stubright ordered on 5/3 and got built yesterday. That's the earliest Rambox order date I've seen and I'm six days later. If only one per day (JeepGarage percentage of total Rambox builds) gets built this week then that would put a nice dent in the number of forum members waiting, right?
Just thinking wishfully.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got this today

Vehicle Description:

Hi, Ed here is the information that I have received regarding your order. Your Vehicle was ordered with the Rambox Cargo Managements System & eTorque Engine. FCA is only building 10 trucks a day with the RamBox and vehicles ordered with the eTorque just began last week. Production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on consumers unique, specific configuration. We would encourage that you contact us back in 2-3 weeks for an update. I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to get you further information on your order, I hope you have a great day and a wonderful 4th of July. Sincerely, Brittaney Jeep customer care
That's really good detail, if it's correct. I'm not surprised at all to hear they're starting slowly, and I'm not sure I want to be the first to have mine built ;)

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what percentage of Rambox orders are represented on JeepGarage, but say 10% are on there. Stubright ordered on 5/3 and got built yesterday. That's the earliest Rambox order date I've seen and I'm six days later. If only one per day (JeepGarage percentage of total Rambox builds) gets built this week then that would put a nice dent in the number of forum members waiting, right?
Just thinking wishfully.

I'm 5/3 and still in D status (Rambox, no E-torque) so there seems to be no logic between order date and build date.

Users who are viewing this thread