5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late availability (Rambox/etorque) deliveries

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One alternate option, one I've considered over the boxes, is DECKED bed sliding storage trays ! Raises the bed by about 11 inches but the DECKED's "deck" has terrific weight capacity and larger floor area than when have RamBoxes . With this option you can still go Tonneau or Cap or other Rail-cage options for adding full rack system or folding / hard-shell tents . . . ?
Sounds like a great idea for carrying long pieces, e.g. ladders, pipes, etc. You sometimes see features like this with upfitter boxes on chassis cab models. One advantage of the RamBox is that it provides easy-reach access to the whole storage compartment.

D

Deleted member103

Sounds like a great idea for carrying long pieces, e.g. ladders, pipes, etc. You sometimes see features like this with upfitter boxes on chassis cab models. One advantage of the RamBox is that it provides easy-reach access to the whole storage compartment.

For the "working man," no doubt . . . either way can work for the right set of circumstances !

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One alternate option, one I've considered over the boxes, is DECKED bed sliding storage trays ! Raises the bed by about 11 inches but the DECKED's "deck" has terrific weight capacity and larger floor area than when have RamBoxes . With this option you can still go Tonneau or Cap or other Rail-cage options for adding full rack system or folding / hard-shell tents . . . ?

I looked at one of those also. Ramboxes in Canada are $1295. One of those "DECKED" boxes with the basic hardware and no accessories is $3000+. I will stick with my Ramboxes.;)

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would a normal sized golf bag and clubs fit in a RamBox?

there are photos on google that say yes, I doubt I'd want to squeeze my clubs in it. I loved the Rambox because I always carry a tote of bug-out items, axe, fire extinguisher, tow rope, straps, gas can, etc etc. I thought it would be super nice to have the cab completely free of clutter. I couldn't handle the waiting so my plan b is to have the Bakflip X4...or something like that, which now comes with a free "BakBox", which is a collapsible bed storage system for that same bug-out stuff. Not ideal but it'll work. I would say I will probably trade this truck in 3 years for one with Ramboxes. I just am not great at the waiting.

D

Deleted member103

I looked at one of those also. Ramboxes in Canada are $1295. One of those "DECKED" boxes with the basic hardware and no accessories is $3000+. I will stick with my Ramboxes.;)

My God that is way more expensive than in USA . . . no wonder your reaction . . . I'd be well you know upset + ! But in USA for the 76 inch bed it's $1250.
Comparing to what the RAMBOX is costing with whatever add-ons are required - not sure? - the DIFF. isn't that much and certainly IS a Viable option . . . in the USA ! And that's coming from a "penny-pinching" Navy E-6 retiree, on a fixed income . . . ha ! Sorry Canadian Friends . . . but I'd gladly trade you Presidents with NO additional Tariffs ! :D

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Slim, is it possible that Jeep garage has the wrong VIN? It is strange that they still don’t have you at D1

They should have the right VIN. I am hoping I fall into the "Some vehicles may not show D1 until they have reached the Framing Stage" !!!
B. "D1" - Vehicle has been scheduled for build. Vehicles remain in this status for 2-4 weeks on average. Longer is not unusual. Some vehicles may not show "D1" until they have reach the Framing stage or Built stage. MOTS does not report "D" status, the status ahead of "D1". Note that sometimes dealer systems may show "D1" status ahead of the MOTS system.

CaliTex

Reaction score
I am in the day 31 of D, the online chat said this morning said nothing specific is wrong, just a very slow ramp. I will race you to framing
Funny enough, as I read your post, the nice lady on the other end of my RAM chat typed: "It can really move on at anytime, but can stay here (at D) for a maximum of 30 days."

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not catching either one of you, but I'm keeping pace at 26 days in D status with my limited, Rambox, E-Torque
I went to D1 within the first week of ordering (Laramie Longhorn, eTorque, RamBox, loaded), but I'm guessing I'm going to be sitting there for a good. long. while.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Limited Rambox, etorque, offroad pkg in black ordered 5/7/18. Went from D to D1 then to C, back to D and now I've been in D1 for about a week with an estimated ship date of 29JUN18. I take the ship date as complete B/S. FCA is the worst company I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer communications.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited Rambox, etorque, offroad pkg in black ordered 5/7/18. Went from D to D1 then to C, back to D and now I've been in D1 for about a week with an estimated ship date of 29JUN18. I take the ship date as complete B/S. FCA is the worst company I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer communications.

I know it's frustrating to wait. Have you ever ordered a Ford? They all are the same way. The dealer tells you 6-8 weeks and the best thing you can do is not watch it, and I would start asking questions after 8 weeks. I know it's tough though, that's why I couldn't do it

Kramersp

Reaction score
I know it's frustrating to wait. Have you ever ordered a Ford? They all are the same way. The dealer tells you 6-8 weeks and the best thing you can do is not watch it, and I would start asking questions after 8 weeks. I know it's tough though, that's why I couldn't do it
Actually, I have ordered from ford. And it took 7 weeks and communication was great. No double talk or ship dates that moved 9 times. Also, if it was available to order, they actually manufactured it.

Users who are viewing this thread