5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Total voters

cliffsta

Reaction score
I wish it was more subtle. My wife’s Nissan beeps the same electronic beep used for locking and unlocking. I realize our Rams don’t beep. But maybe three short staccato honks would be better than full honks.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
You guys (people) with the Tazer, I know it has a module that stays plugged in. Do you have to unplug that every time you take your truck to the dealership for service?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You guys (people) with the Tazer, I know it has a module that stays plugged in. Do you have to unplug that every time you take your truck to the dealership for service?
I took my truck in today for service, and removed it for good measure. Necessary? No. Good idea? Yes.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
I took my truck in today for service, and removed it for good measure. Necessary? No. Good idea? Yes.
Thanks for the reply. I'm very interested in the Tazer DT but at almost 60 years old, 6 foot 5 and 350lbs, I don't know how many times I'd want to pretzel myself under the dash! :LOL:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm very interested in the Tazer DT but at almost 60 years old, 6 foot 5 and 350lbs, I don't know how many times I'd want to pretzel myself under the dash! :LOL:
It’s a b!tch, ain’t gonna lie. I curse for 10 minutes every time I have to remove it or reinstall it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can get a 1 ft extension cable for it.
True, I suppose. But would probably need two extension cables - one for the male end and one for the female receiver. Otherwise, you’d still be climbing under there to plug in a long cable.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t taken any of my trucks to a dealer after Tazer installation, but I would only remove the Tazer if I felt it was directly tied to a problem

Ruger

Reaction score
another vote for hate it!!! You should give owners the option to disable it.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares will this be a firmware fix for the 2022 models or is this under consideration only for new production?

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares how about a poll if owners would like the option of being able to turn off all exterior lights with the engine running?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thought I remember somebody saying the 3 honk feature was a federal mandate on new vehicles now?🤔

Hope I’m wrong but thought that was discussed before.

Denali

Reaction score
More of an issue for me in the winter...
Start truck, get out to scrape snow/ice off windshield (HONK HONK HONK) Annoying to me and everyone within earshot.
Just make it so owners can option it in the settings -- everyone wins that way.

BNeal

Reaction score
Would also like to have the option to adjust the heat level on the heated steering wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread