5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Total voters

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
The beeps are the most annoying feature in the whole truck.

Let me jump out and open the gate at the hunting property, beep,beep,beep, ***

Let me hop out to take the straps off of the boat, beep,beep,beep,Dam

Both of the above scenarios happen well before the sun comes up and always seems extra loud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dsimmons

Reaction score
@RamCares I love my 22 3500, except for this stupid “feature”. My neighbors are not impressed. I’m sure other peoples aren’t either and this will mean fewer sales for the associated brands. Please fix it ASAP.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We'd love to get your opinion on how you feel about the Key Left Vehicle Feature otherwise known as the Three Horn Chirp, or the horn that sounds when you've left your Key Fob inside of your truck or when your truck is left running without the Key Fob inside.

It's the second most annoying feature Ram has ever put on a pickup truck behind AutoPark.

Every time my wife and I go somewhere and I hop out to check the mailbox, run into the gas station, or whatever the horn blows 3 times and it embarrasses both of us because everyone around turns and looks at us. Some people also get ticked off because they assume you're blowing the horn at them which can start some drama.

PLEASE give us a software update to remove this needless feature.

killerformula

Reaction score
It’s one of the most annoying features I have ever had on any vehicle. Why can’t it just work like every other keyless vehicle and state on the dash that the key has left the vehicle?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully Ram gives us this option, but until then, just make sure your door doesn't fully latch and it won't honk.

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We'd love to get your opinion on how you feel about the Key Left Vehicle Feature otherwise known as the Three Horn Chirp, or the horn that sounds when you've left your Key Fob inside of your truck or when your truck is left running without the Key Fob inside.
What’s the word on this? Sounds like most everyone would like the option to disable.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Don't we have enough warnings and signs to pay attention to already? Just let me worry about driving the truck. Quit trying to figure out if the key is in my pocket or not!!!!!! I had a 19, 20, and 21 Ram 1500 and now I'm in a 22 and I absolutely hate this honking bologna.

When I pull up to my daughter's school to pick her up, the parking lot is next to the playground. There are usually little preschoolers playing on the playground when I pull up. If I forget to take my key out of my pocket and leave the truck running it absolutely freaks those kids and teachers out. It's so embarrassing!!!!!!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's so embarrassing!!!!!!
That's my problem with it.
People looking at me like i'm a dumb a$$ who forgot to turn off their truck or something. Or maybe i'm just getting out for a second and I don't want to shut my truck off to turn it back on and hear the exhaust make a loud noise on a start because maybe it's early in the morning and people might be asleep and don't want to hear a cold start or a horn.

This thread was funny because I know they are not going to do anything about it, just trying to get engagement. No one needed a poll to determine if majority of the people would want the ability to turn it on or off, it was a farce.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's my problem with it.
People looking at me like i'm a dumb a$$ who forgot to turn off their truck or something. Or maybe i'm just getting out for a second and I don't want to shut my truck off to turn it back on and hear the exhaust make a loud noise on a start because maybe it's early in the morning and people might be asleep and don't want to hear a cold start or a horn.

This thread was funny because I know they are not going to do anything about it, just trying to get engagement. No one needed a poll to determine if majority of the people would want the ability to turn it on or off, it was a farce.
They might add it as an option, but I don't know why anyone would expect there to be a software update within a few weeks of them asking the question.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It really is a strange feature...like they seriously think somebody exited their vehicle 'for good' and forgot to shut it off? If this is their attempt at trying to stop theft DO BETTER cuz this ain't the scenario. To me it only makes sense and has saved me a bunch of times is if I am trying to lock the truck with the keys still in it. I do not have passive entry so I would just toss the keys in the console and forget to grab them when I exit. I always hit the door lock to the lock the truck on my way out so leaving the keys behind happens quite a bit...but the truck is OFF so this would be a good alert IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread