5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Total voters

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We'd love to get your opinion on how you feel about the Key Left Vehicle Feature otherwise known as the Three Horn Chirp, or the horn that sounds when you've left your Key Fob inside of your truck or when your truck is left running without the Key Fob inside.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
I have it on my ford and hate it, I’m sure I’ll not like it on the ram that i have on order. 99.9999% i know i have left the vehicle with my key in my pocket. The other .00001 i probably fell out. Either way i dont need to be told the vehicle is running. Be nice if it was an option to turn off.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine never honks when I leave the vehicle is running and the FOB is in my pocket. But I've left my FOB in the truck and locked the vehicle and it honked and unlocked the doors.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i hate it, i can can assure you my neighbor s too wen i forget about that non sens when i leave home at 6 in the morning and for some reason forgot something and get out or just scrape the frost from window after starting the truck... or when i get back after work around 10pm.... that so idiot...

of courst i try to rember and leave the fob in the truck but i often forget that in the early morning still waking up or after my 15 hours shifts(including driving to and back)....

its not normal that i will have to spend more then 300$ on a prigrammer to cancell a non sense like that

why not give us a free update to have the option to turn it off

or give me your adress and we will park nearby and let you decide if it would bother you to have a neighbor that owns a ram that honks for nothing 3 times when he get out of his truck... :p

Last edited:

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
An option to disable it would be the best option. Those that keep their Ram in a garage could enable it if they wish and those that don't could disable it if that's their choice. I'll be waiting for the OTA update to enable choice, when should I be expecting it?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife's Traverse has it and I hate it. Only does it when I get back in the car after filling up or something. Not a fan.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should be an option that can be disabled. That way if someone thinks they need to be saved from themselves, then they can turn on the option. The rest of us don’t need it. The backup sensors can be disabled, which would allow someone to back up over something or someone. Why not the horn honk?

Users who are viewing this thread