5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fobs and LED interference

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great news, thanks for the update. I’ve had no issues with the lasfit brake light, just the cargos. Wondering if I should just order them all from dd to avoid any future issues.
Yeah I just chose to go to full diode dynamics. Hopefully no issues with these but time will tell!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I just chose to go to full diode dynamics. Hopefully no issues with these but time will tell!
How is the brightness on the cargo lights? I'm debating whether to go with the ones you got or the brighter ones.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is the brightness on the cargo lights? I'm debating whether to go with the ones you got or the brighter ones.
The ones I have are just as bright as the last fit bulbs maybe a bit brighter. Also another update I tried locking and unlocking the truck from a good distance away this morning and still no interference. The lasfit wouldn’t allow me to do that.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Final update after this week I have had no issues with the fob with remote starting, passive entry, "fob not detected" etc. These bulbs don't interfere at all that I have noticed.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Final update after this week I have had no issues with the fob with remote starting, passive entry, "fob not detected" etc. These bulbs don't interfere at all that I have noticed.

Awesome! I went ahead and ordered the same ones as you for now. Eventually I want to do the factory led, but in the meantime it looks like these are the way to go.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! I went ahead and ordered the same ones as you for now. Eventually I want to do the factory led, but in the meantime it looks like these are the way to go.
Same here, glad these work for now!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here, glad these work for now!
Got my LED's installed last night, and no issues with getting in and starting the truck, however, my passive entry lock button on the outside handle is now acting intermittent. It could just be coincidental, but I was curious if you had noticed anything strange after adding yours?

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone experience blinding in your eyes from the lasfit bulbs?.. is there a specific way to install these? Seems like the light is shooting directly in my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my LED's installed last night, and no issues with getting in and starting the truck, however, my passive entry lock button on the outside handle is now acting intermittent. It could just be coincidental, but I was curious if you had noticed anything strange after adding yours?
I haven’t noticed anything different on my passive entry button. Is yours just not responding when the cargo lights are on? I’ll mess with mine to see if I get the same result.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t noticed anything different on my passive entry button. Is yours just not responding when the cargo lights are on? I’ll mess with mine to see if I get the same result.
It's intermittent, and won't work for a second then I hit it again and it works with the cargo light on. It may be unrelated and just being finicky, but I'll mess with it over the weekend if it persists.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's intermittent, and won't work for a second then I hit it again and it works with the cargo light on. It may be unrelated and just being finicky, but I'll mess with it over the weekend if it persists.
I actually noticed the same thing this morning when trying to lock my truck using that button. Wouldn't work until I pushed it a few times. Starting to lean more towards just ordering the LED 3rd brake light at this point.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What helps starting the truck is pushing the ignition button first bringing it to ACC. Then press on the brake and push the button again to start. Works all the time unless the bed light is still on. If this, press the bed light button first to turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually noticed the same thing this morning when trying to lock my truck using that button. Wouldn't work until I pushed it a few times. Starting to lean more towards just ordering the LED 3rd brake light at this point.
I have a feeling I'll end up going that route eventually as well. I've got a hard cover on the bed now, so really the led was just to give a cleaner looking light at this point. I'm going to double check the chmsl setting in the BCM later and make sure it's set to LED and see if it has any affect, which I don't think it's going to matter.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the “Key Fob Not Detected” message this evening, along with the outside lock button being very intermittent still. It’s picking up on the fob because the light on it flashes as I hit the lock button, however I suspect the cargo lights are still interfering. So far it seems the diode dynamics led’s on the ‘21 still aren’t a foolproof solution.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the “Key Fob Not Detected” message this evening, along with the outside lock button being very intermittent still. It’s picking up on the fob because the light on it flashes as I hit the lock button, however I suspect the cargo lights are still interfering. So far it seems the diode dynamics led’s on the ‘21 still aren’t a foolproof solution.
I got this today... I had the fob in my pocket today and got it.. probably have to return them and wait until I buy the third brake light.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this today... I had the fob in my pocket today and got it.. probably have to return them and wait until I buy the third brake light.

I think this is the route I will end up going as well. Only way to get it to work reliably is to contort myself to get the fob as close to the antenna in the rear door as possible.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think this is the route I will end up going as well. Only way to get it to work reliably is to contort myself to get the fob as close to the antenna in the rear door as possible.
Yeah it’s not worth it to me just to have LED cargo lights haha. It’s odd that mine have zero issues for almost 2 weeks then all of a sudden issues with the keyless button and key fob not detected message. I will end up going with the LED light. Then eventually get the mirror. I’m not sure how I feel about losing the auto high beam feature, it kind of sucks anyhow.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I have had issues of the fob in a jacket pocket behind a cell phone or two not registering with the truck. Maybe not the bulb if it was working then stopped working.

Users who are viewing this thread