5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fobs and LED interference

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it’s not worth it to me just to have LED cargo lights haha. It’s odd that mine have zero issues for almost 2 weeks then all of a sudden issues with the keyless button and key fob not detected message. I will end up going with the LED light. Then eventually get the mirror. I’m not sure how I feel about losing the auto high beam feature, it kind of sucks anyhow.

Does your truck not have the dasm with forward collision and lane departure?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why do you have to lose the auto high beam feature when replacing your mirror???

I’m thinking if he doesn’t have the dasm and only has auto high beams that he’d lose the camera on the back of the mirror. But if the dasm is present for fcw and lca then it shouldn’t change anything.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m thinking if he doesn’t have the dasm and only has auto high beams that he’d lose the camera on the back of the mirror. But if the dasm is present for fcw and lca then it shouldn’t change anything.
It’s actually not a camera on the back of the mirror...just a light sensor.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s actually not a camera on the back of the mirror...just a light sensor.
There’s two different configurations for Rams equipped with auto high beams:
1) Auto high beam option when the truck is NOT equipped with adaptive cruise control/ forward collision warning. In this configuration, there is a camera (or sensor, if that’s what you want to refer to it as) integrated into the rear view mirror that looks out the windshield-
a40Abky.jpg

2) Auto high beam option when the truck IS equipped with adaptive cruise control/FCW. In this configuration, the camera in the DASM mounted on the windshield separate from the mirror is now used for the auto high beam function, along with ACC and FCW. The mirror used in this configuration ONLY has an auto dim sensor, no camera.

Since there is no such thing as a digital rear view mirror that has the auto high beam camera, then that means the only way to retain auto high beams when swapping it in, is to be equipped with the DASM (ACC/FCW).

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why do you have to lose the auto high beam feature when replacing your mirror???
Yeah in apparently if you have just the level 1 group you lose the auto high beams when you swap the mirror out. Auto high beam hasn’t really impressed me so far, comes on at times it’s not needed.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah in apparently if you have just the level 1 group you lose the auto high beams when you swap the mirror out. Auto high beam hasn’t really impressed me so far, comes on at times it’s not needed.

Ah, I see. I’m on my phone so couldn’t see your signature to see if you had level 1 or 2. I’ve found the auto high beams to be pretty decent on the highway, but on side roads I usually shut it off since it switches way too much in my opinion.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine has been great and extremely reliable on both highway and side roads. I keep it on all of the time and it has not let me down by doing something contrary to what I expected. I had no issues in my 2019 either...can't explain why it would be different in other trucks :unsure:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The updated lasfit leds.. they only updated the 3rd brake light bulb and not the cargo bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitboss000

Reaction score
The updated lasfit leds.. they only updated the 3rd brake light bulb and not the cargo bulbs?

Updated both bulbs. Finally received my replacements and no more fob interference.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Website doesn’t show round ones for the cargos..

pitboss000

Reaction score
That’s strange, because I was told by lasfit that I had received the updated version, the flat ones, when mine were causing issues.

Website doesn’t show round ones for the cargos..

The replacements they sent me were definitely round. This was all done through email with tech support. You guy's got me wondering though. I checked the website and there are no round ones for the cargo light. From what I see it appears that they sent me backup bulbs instead. But hell - they work, are just as bright and no more fob issues. I'll leave well enough alone.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The replacements they sent me were definitely round. This was all done through email with tech support. You guy's got me wondering though. I checked the website and there are no round ones for the cargo light. From what I see it appears that they sent me backup bulbs instead. But hell - they work, are just as bright and no more fob issues. I'll leave well enough alone.

I have seen the backup lights mentioned on here somewhere and that they work fine in the chmsl. I think the problem seems to be concentrated on the 2021 Laramie's for some reason. I know myself and @z0n3 have both had issues with bulbs from lasfit, and now diode dynamics which were recommended by many as problem free. I cannot reliably lock the door using the outside button, I've had a few "key fob not detected" issues, and just yesterday I could not get back in the tailgate after I closed it then needed to reopen it (rest of the truck was still locked I was using the passive feature which was affected by the light being on). At this point I don't want to spend any more on led's and think I am just going to suck it up and order the factory one.

Joy5743

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with the LasFit LEDs in my truck. Have had them in the truck for almost two months now and no key FOB not detected error.

I have started my truck with Tail Gate open, drivers door open, all lights that were halogen have been replaced with LasFit LEDs, White and Red.
I’m having the same issue. definitely began after replacing my 3rd brake light with LasFit led bulbs. Waiting to hear back from the company on a resolution.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
68444540AB
You’ll have to update when you get the third brake light. I have some other things I’d prefer to do on the truck before spending the money on that light. It seems to be about the only feasible option for 21 Laramie to get LED without fob or passive entry issues.

Users who are viewing this thread