5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some TRX take offs on my Rebel

riccog125

Reaction score
I am really looking into buying a set myself. I think my limited with the chrome and being granite gray, these wheels would look good. In wanted to go down to 18's to give me more sidewall while I'm offroad. 20201024_153328-01.jpeg

Racingwoody

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of the Ignition Edition wheels. Looking forward to getting them on the truck. They were wheels only so I need to put new tires on them. I don't like the looks of the TRX tires on the Rebel or other trucks. They look like large balloons to me, so I will go with a smaller tire but these wheels are limited edition wheels, so there shouldn't be too many others out them with them.

Used-2022-Ram-1500-TRX-Ignition-Edition.jpg
These look like the 4th Gen Rebel wheels.

evolution247

Reaction score
Bringing this to the top. I have a 2022 Limited with air ride. I just picked up a set of TRX wheels and stock tires and am wondering what the magic recipe is to make it work. Is it .24" spacers, a little fender liner trimming? Or is it 3/4" spacers, fender trimming, and a 2" lift? Or is it 1.5" spacer, fender trimming, and a 2" lift? Or none? Thank you in advance.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s what I have on my truck. The TRX tire is bigger then a 35x12.5, but that size will fit fine with a 2” strut spacer or a new coilover. The amount of people that can’t figure this out blows my mind. I’ve blasted this all over the forum and you guys still don’t believe it. 🤯
This makes me want a set. Looks good 👍

moparpeetie

Reaction score
I'm looking to do the same,

My question is any vibration ?? on high speed ??

I want to install the TRX wheels on my laramie and yet waiting for the part numbers.

Many mentioned it might not fit as the hubs are different, I'm glad you did it, Let us know how it goes with the spacers as I tend to just the car offroading.

Carli's performance package with upper control arms will start preorder by next weekhopefully, I believe the TRX wheels should clear.

PS. they look amazing on your car & my plan is to paint the outer rock rims on blue as well.
I put TRX rims on my Laramie with a 3.5 Readylift, everything is the same but the offset. Tires rub the upper control arms with TRX rims. I had to change the wheel studs, lug nuts and use a half inch spacers( 3/4" spacers that are hub centric are on the way ). Not a terrible job to do, an hour n a half tops. They sit flush with the flares. The extra 1/4" I get with the new spacers will make it just the way I want it.

Attachments

• 20220801_101857.jpg
    20220801_101857.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 282

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Reading that well rubbing is occurring with 1.25 to 2.0 spacers. By my calcs the minimum spacer needed to fully clear the control arm is 0.737, so 3/4. Do you guys think a smaller spacer would minimize or eliminate the well rub?
I have 1/2" spacers n NO rub anywhere. I do have 3.5 readylift though.

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Thanks for the information and I agree. All TRX rims are 9Jx18 with an offset of 19mm. All 2019-2022 non-classic 1500s with the 5.7L have 8Jx18, 9Jx20 or 9Jx22 rims. All of which have an offset of 19mm as well. See link below. The TRX rims will fit no problem.

Y’all can’t run 35x12 inch tires on these trucks without a lift. The maximum tire size is 33 inches. Not sure how wide we can get but I would stick real close to 11 inches. I wouldn’t run spacers between the wheel hub and the rim either. No vehicles are designed for that.
Tell that to the whole Jeep brood! I've had 1 1/2" spacers on the wife's Jku for 5 years and ZERO issues. I have 1/2" spacers and TRX rims on my Laramie Zero issues

troymi

Reaction score
Bringing this up again, sorry if I misread earlier.

I have '22 Laramie Sport, with night edition package. 9x22 ET19 wheels. 285/45/22 tires.
TRX wheels are 9x18 ET19, so should be no issue with fitment especially using 285 wide tires.

Did someone note hub sizes from TRX to Laramie are different? Confirm for me please?

If I'm lifted in front and use 285/75/18 tires shouldn't be an issue right? Also just considering a Mopar 2" lift with front spacers to level (or not)

Not planning to use the 325 wide tires for sure, just double checking a few issues people have experienced. Thanks.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bringing this up again, sorry if I misread earlier.

I have '22 Laramie Sport, with night edition package. 9x22 ET19 wheels. 285/45/22 tires.
TRX wheels are 9x18 ET19, so should be no issue with fitment especially using 285 wide tires.

Did someone note hub sizes from TRX to Laramie are different? Confirm for me please?

If I'm lifted in front and use 285/75/18 tires shouldn't be an issue right? Also just considering a Mopar 2" lift with front spacers to level (or not)

Not planning to use the 325 wide tires for sure, just double checking a few issues people have experienced. Thanks.

Same hub size, and the new TRX wheels/tires will fit your Laramie so long as you’re lifted up front and have the right size wheel spacers… without the wheel spacers, you’ll have interference between the tire and upper control arms.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the 1.5” spacer resolve ur issue of hitting the inner fender well and metal tab? I have 2” spacers and want to try 1.5 wheel spacers to see if it’ll stop the clearance issue.

I cut my tabs off, but yes, the 1.5” is a much better fit than 2”. I had 2” originally and would have had all kinds of interference issues with the area behind the tire. Easily resolved with the 1.5”

moparpeetie

Reaction score
I changed the 1/2" spacers out for 3/4" hub centric spacers... that 1/4" makes the tires sit even with the flare. I'll take some pics tomorrow, she's gettin some stripes to break up the black

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Reading that well rubbing is occurring with 1.25 to 2.0 spacers. By my calcs the minimum spacer needed to fully clear the control arm is 0.737, so 3/4. Do you guys think a smaller spacer would minimize or eliminate the well rub?
I used 3/4" spacers with Readylift upper control arms with TRX wheels & tires ZERO rubbing anywhere.

troymi

Reaction score
If I’m not running 325 tires I shouldn’t need spacers. I’m going 285/75/18. Wheels are same offset as stock Laramie at 9” ET19

GP-TEK

Reaction score
I finally wash my dirty Truck
Love the user name. Matches the truck. Also you are using the British spelling. Extra different. I love take offs. Had a guy with a brand new Rubicon JL take off his rims and wheels. I jumped on that as well as his shocks and cool springs for my LJ. Have yet to install the suspension. It was like $50 bucks! (Wheels we’re more but still a great deal

Attachments

• 178BD30B-DCEB-43B5-92F5-48DCD0837755.jpeg
    178BD30B-DCEB-43B5-92F5-48DCD0837755.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 97

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ffd7ed87eaadc3ac20f63e1a77f8f780.jpg

I got the spare tire to “fit” without any modifications. Tire probably has 15k mi, which helps. No modifications.

mpriceii

Reaction score
I was able to get these Ram TRX wheels and tires running on my 2019 Rebel (with no lift or leveling kit). As others have stated, I had to remove the hard plastic mud flats on the front and use an exacto knife to cut out some of the wheel liner. I also bent the small medal bracket (that the mud flap screwed into) back into the wheel well. Only issue I have is the TPMS sensor threshold that keeps telling me I need to put 55 lbs in my front tires and 45 in my rear tires. The TRX tires are designed to run 38 lbs of air pressure. Anyone find a way to reset the sensor threshold to 38 lbs?
Just bought a 19 Rebel. Looking todo same thing with TRX wheels. Interested to know how yours have been after having them on awhile. My truck is all stock, coil spring suspension. I don’t want to level or use spacers. Will I have to drop down to a 285/75 or a 295/70 tire to make it work?
Thanks! Great looking Rebel!!

cookjs

Reaction score
Late to the party but I just picked up a set off take offs. My 2020 Rebel is currently riding on Ready Lift 3.5 sst lift. Is anyone else running TRX takeoffs with this lift? If so curious about spacer size/requirements. I have read through the thread and any additional advice would be appreciated.

cookjs

Reaction score
They are the factory TRX tire. So 35 I believe. 325/65/18

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/