5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some TRX take offs on my Rebel

zajaco

Reaction score
What are you guys paying for these take off’s? I’ve got a set near me but want to make sure I’m not getting screwed.
I got my set for $1,800 in the St Louis. MO area.

robe2388

Reaction score
What are you guys paying for these take off’s? I’ve got a set near me but want to make sure I’m not getting screwed.

Might end up trading in the truck and thinking of selling the TRXs I just picked up. I’m in the Miami area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Strong work! Looks great. I’m gonna do the 3/4 spacer for now and see. Likely adding a 3.5” lift (net 2.5” gain) over time.
Just curious - any updates on this one? Have you installed 3/4 spacers?

rohawk72

Reaction score
So I just picked up a set of TRX takeoffs and i have a 2020 rebel no air ride so my question is what is the perfect set up to run these wheels?
I want to level the truck but i havent bought a kit yet.
I also have never used wheel spacers before so i have no clue what I am doing there!

Thanks!

ya3coub

Reaction score
I’ve got the trx wheels, will add the 295/70/18 tires to check if its rubbing or not.

Ive ordered levelling kit of 3”front, & 2 rear.

Now im confused on the spasers seems like a must.

What if I changed the upper control arm will it still rub?
Or have a smaller tire size??

Guilherme

Reaction score
I’ve got the trx wheels, will add the 295/70/18 tires to check if its rubbing or not.

Ive ordered levelling kit of 3”front, & 2 rear.

Now im confused on the spasers seems like a must.

What if I changed the upper control arm will it still rub?
Or have a smaller tire size??

Hi, where did you buy the wheels?

thanks

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m interested in a set of TRX takeoffs (wheels and tires) as well. I’m currently running a leveled ORP with 1.5” BORA spacers. Can anybody say whether the 325s will fit with this setup… or if I can easily modify to make it fit?

DentalDart

Reaction score
I’m interested in a set of TRX takeoffs (wheels and tires) as well. I’m currently running a leveled ORP with 1.5” BORA spacers. Can anybody say whether the 325s will fit with this setup… or if I can easily modify to make it fit?
I have air suspension. Leveled using daystar spacers and airlinksgc level links in the front and rear.

Have TRX beadlocks and 325/60s with 1.5in KSP spacers. Little trimming and truck has no problems. 20211226_155859.jpg 20211223_170417.jpg 20211224_123506.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

DentalDart

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Dare I ask it: how’s your fuel mileage?
My truck says 13.5-14mpg most of the time. I havent recalibrated the speedometer or added any of the piggy back tunes (PC, Pulsar, and so on).

Im not really worried about the fuel mileage though. I was daily driving my dart which got 7-8mpg so this truck gets almost double that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Xprodigal

Reaction score
I was able to get these Ram TRX wheels and tires running on my 2019 Rebel (with no lift or leveling kit). As others have stated, I had to remove the hard plastic mud flats on the front and use an exacto knife to cut out some of the wheel liner. I also bent the small medal bracket (that the mud flap screwed into) back into the wheel well. Only issue I have is the TPMS sensor threshold that keeps telling me I need to put 55 lbs in my front tires and 45 in my rear tires. The TRX tires are designed to run 38 lbs of air pressure. Anyone find a way to reset the sensor threshold to 38 lbs?

Attachments

• 1 front and side.jpg
    1 front and side.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 2 side.jpg
    2 side.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 365
  • 3 back and side.jpg
    3 back and side.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 365

Xprodigal

Reaction score
I was able to get these Ram TRX wheels and tires running on my 2019 Rebel (with no lift or leveling kit). As others have stated, I had to remove the hard plastic mud flats on the front and use an exacto knife to cut out some of the wheel liner. I also bent the small medal bracket (that the mud flap screwed into) back into the wheel well. Only issue I have is the TPMS sensor threshold that keeps telling me I need to put 55 lbs in my front tires and 45 in my rear tires. The TRX tires are designed to run 38 lbs of air pressure. Anyone find a way to reset the sensor threshold to 38 lbs?
Also have 1.5" BORA spacers

Daverous

Reaction score
Alfaobd allows you to adjust tpms thresholds to whatever your heart desires.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of the Ignition Edition wheels. Looking forward to getting them on the truck. They were wheels only so I need to put new tires on them. I don't like the looks of the TRX tires on the Rebel or other trucks. They look like large balloons to me, so I will go with a smaller tire but these wheels are limited edition wheels, so there shouldn't be too many others out them with them.

Used-2022-Ram-1500-TRX-Ignition-Edition.jpg

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I plan on putting my factory 275s on the TRX wheel. The Rebel wheel and the TRX wheel both have a 19 offset but, obviously, there's 1/2" more wheel on the inside. Someone mentioned earlier that you need approximately 3/4" spacer to maintain the gap. I currently have only 3/4" from the UCA to the tire. I take it 1/4" isn't enough space, even with the factory tires, correct?

20220223_200359.jpg

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
I am looking at putting stock-ish tires (33s) on theTRX bead lock rims as well. Has anyone done this?

Users who are viewing this thread