5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get radio update files

TTFD753

Reaction score
I have tried to update mine twice.
1st time I got the error code 20 after the progress bar hit 10%. I believe this was my fault as I extracted the contents of the zip to a folder then copied the folder to the USB.
Formatted a new USB, extracted folder directly to USB and progress went to 54% then threw error code 18. Cannot find any results in Google for what code 18 is.
Thankfully both times the software reverted to previous version.
Found a forum post stating to do a full format (not a quick one), FAT32, and 4096 bytes. Will try again tonight.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Directions for the first time I did it said to use a 16gb thumb drive. Formatted to Fat32, which most come formatted at by default. But I did a full format anyways.

titan3636

Reaction score
anyone done this update that already has offroad and performance pages unlocked with alphaobd? just wondering if they stay

TTFD753

Reaction score
I have tried to update mine twice.
1st time I got the error code 20 after the progress bar hit 10%. I believe this was my fault as I extracted the contents of the zip to a folder then copied the folder to the USB.
Formatted a new USB, extracted folder directly to USB and progress went to 54% then threw error code 18. Cannot find any results in Google for what code 18 is.
Thankfully both times the software reverted to previous version.
Found a forum post stating to do a full format (not a quick one), FAT32, and 4096 bytes. Will try again tonight.
Finally got it to install last night. Took 4 total attempts over the course of 3 days.
The first 3 attempts were with a 16GB USB 3.0 flash drive.
The 4th attempt was with a 4GB USB 2.0 flash drive. Took FOREVER to format. Also took a long time to extract the folder to the flash drive.
Went from 39.7 to 39.9. My microphone button for navigation is still greyed out. Have not tried the Assist button yet either.
Huge shout out to @ProKubinator for making the files available so we do not have to spend hours and dollars at the local stealerships!!!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can say that XM works better now, hasn't froze yet and the voice control/commands recognition are much improved

titan3636

Reaction score
Mine were still there after update
mine are gone :( I went in and removed the alpha obd settings, saved, and added them back and it hasn't worked
anyone else having an issue getting offroad/performance pages after this update?

current settings:
VehConfig1-Performance Pages Present - Yes
VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable - No
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present - Yes

Synergy26

Reaction score
What do the instruction mean by reset twice afterwards? my self parking function now says "temporarily unavailable" when I try to use it.

FryAsInFrench

Reaction score
Heads up to all, you may still experience the "Device Not Supported" error, even after upgrading to PR39.9. I have engaged UConnect, Ram and my dealership about this issue. Here is the response I got from @RamCares when I made them aware of the issue:
1658954421906.png

Not sure what "wait for the cycle to kick in" means because software, as a general idea, is comprised of a series of linear and conditional commands in code form. It either works or it doesn't.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Not sure what "wait for the cycle to kick in" means because software, as a general idea, is comprised of a series of linear and conditional commands in code form. It either works or it doesn't.
apparently not in these trucks
posters have been stating it takes a few hours or days for everything to get back to normal.
sad isn't it :(

U

User_3336

Heads up to all, you may still experience the "Device Not Supported" error, even after upgrading to PR39.9. I have engaged UConnect, Ram and my dealership about this issue. Here is the response I got from @RamCares when I made them aware of the issue:
View attachment 135480

It's just like when you do a factory reset on the entire system. It takes hours, even a day or more for all the systems to "sync up" with each other.....

I'm no UCONNECT engineer, but perhaps a software update is applied in segments, so "kick-in" might not have been the best wording on the behalf of RAMCARES. . .

What version of UCONNECT are we referring to here?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
It's just like when you do a factory reset on the entire system. It takes hours, even a day or more for all the systems to "sync up" with each other.....

I'm no UCONNECT engineer, but perhaps a software update is applied in segments, so "kick-in" might not have been the best wording on the behalf of RAMCARES. . .

PR39.9 is UConnect 4.

FryAsInFrench

Reaction score
Unless there are OTA (over the air) update patches being sent in real time behind the scenes and/or the radio unit has to authenticate against all the connected (via satellite) services over a period of time, I have a hard time understanding that it could take several days for a vehicle CPU to move through all the computing processes in a radio head unit, especially given the rudimentary functions of which it is capable (when compared to a smart phone or PC).

But, as most folks have conceded on this forum, the software in these trucks doesn’t behave like software should.

I have an appt at the dealership that did the update on Friday. Hopefully when they hook it up to wiTECH it will tell them something.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Unless there are OTA (over the air) update patches being sent in real time behind the scenes and/or the radio unit has to authenticate against all the connected (via satellite) services over a period of time, I have a hard time understanding that it could take several days for a vehicle CPU to move through all the computing processes in a radio head unit, especially given the rudimentary functions of which it is capable (when compared to a smart phone or PC).

But, as most folks have conceded on this forum, the software in these trucks doesn’t behave like software should.

I have an appt at the dealership that did the update on Friday. Hopefully when they hook it up to wiTECH it will tell them something.

I don't think anyone has had to wait more than just overnight for everything to populate. I checked an hour after I did an update and nothing was there, so I waited until the next morning and everything was there.

U

User_3336

Again, we're *not* UCONNECT engineers, but a few have stated that all the functions weren't available until several hours or the next day.

RamSteel

Reaction score

milchuck

Reaction score
2019 Ram, 12" screen.....Tried the update following the instructions here. It appeared to download the file from the USB drive, rebooted itself and then popped up with a Uconnect Error Code 01. Guess I will try to schedule an appt with the dealership to see if they will update. Since it's a TSB it should be covered under the warranty right?

theRamguy

Reaction score
Hi, any chance you have the latest update? The dealer cannot figure out my OTA issue and is ordering a new radio. I've had radio swaps before and they don't end well. Would prefer to try a USB update if possible. Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm on MY22.S21D.5 currently.
I Don't have this file on my G-Drive. I'll see if I can get the S23.3 upodate. Be aware that they released a new update after s23.3 to fix more of the bugs

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If you have a TazerDT do a "full reboot" and it all works after it finishes in 90 seconds. All apps, buttons sensors, backgrounds, its all there and working right away. N

None of the wait for the BS poorly programmed BCM to cut power and reboot when it feels like it while draining the battery constantly.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
according to ram cares on the trx forum the next update is below, but more are coming

"Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience that you've had gone through. Please let us know if you wish to have our Customer Care Team involved down the road, we'd be happy to assist. The S24.13 is the latest software update at the moment. Our technical team is currently working on an enhance software update which should be released in the upcoming months/soon. You will get a notification once that becomes available. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this have may caused you."

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread