5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

St-na

Reaction score
Still playing with ABS, I believe need to go ahead code by code. Sensor cluster calibration Failed. Any clue? Have 3 active faults for now.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

tdb0021

Reaction score
Still playing with ABS, I believe need to go ahead code by code. Sensor cluster calibration Failed. Any clue? Have 3 active faults for now.

I have never seen the C006A code when I went through this process a while back. What all parts did you install? Looks like you are having the EPB plant mode problem I described in the original document.

St-na

Reaction score
I have never seen the C006A code when I went through this process a while back. What all parts did you install? Looks like you are having the EPB plant mode problem I described in the original document.
I replaced HCU and ABS module. Went throw ACC guide from You, did not find EPB plant. Ah, ok electric park brake system, it was the last code You can't clear clear and went to dealer.

Last edited:

tdb0021

Reaction score
I replaced HCU and ABS module. Went throw ACC guide from You, did not find EPB plant. Ah, ok electric park brake system, it was the last code You can't clear clear and went to dealer.
Is the EPB the only light that is illuminated on your dash? No ABS light?

Try this: connect abs but try to force 2013-2018 powernet instead of 2019+. Attempt to run the procedures from there. If the app auto forces 2019+ on connection, select 2013-2018 after the force select, then go straight to active diagnostic and attempt the procedure.

Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
Is the EPB the only light that is illuminated on your dash? No ABS light?

Try this: connect abs but try to force 2013-2018 powernet instead of 2019+. Attempt to run the procedures from there. If the app auto forces 2019+ on connection, select 2013-2018 after the force select, then go straight to active diagnostic and attempt the procedure.
Thank You! it helped, done something, but still can't clear 3 codes:
- Static ECU Initialization done
- Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration (do not have this procedure)
- Clear codes and cycle ignition can not
- Run Clearing Rolls information done
If the truck still shows errors after this, run the following:
- Inlet Valve Calibration done done
- Pilot Valve Calibration done
- Sensor Cluster Calibration failed (my main problem)
- Brake Pedal Calibration done

@Jimmy07 Do You know why I can't complete Sensor Cluster Calibration? Why do I have C2212? I do not have air suspension.

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank You! it helped, done something, but still can't clear 3 codes:
- Static ECU Initialization done
- Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration (do not have this procedure)
- Clear codes and cycle ignition can not
- Run Clearing Rolls information done
If the truck still shows errors after this, run the following:
- Inlet Valve Calibration done done
- Pilot Valve Calibration done
- Sensor Cluster Calibration failed (my main problem)
- Brake Pedal Calibration done

@Jimmy07 Do You know why I can't complete Sensor Cluster Calibration? Why do I have C2212? I do not have air suspension.
Did you check the EPB and ESC In-Plant Modes to make sure they are disabled?

St-na

Reaction score
No I did not, it was not in the procedure, I just follow list from @tdb0021 , because I have not enough knowledge how the system works. Will check. For now I can't connect alfaobd, probably because I drained battery down, seems like 12V is not enough, to get unit connected.

St-na

Reaction score
Thank You! I was able to clear one code, still 2 remain. I am unable to complete sensor cluster calibration. C006A code is related to Multi-axis Acceleration Sensor. I do not have this procedure shown in alfaobd. C2212 shown when I have both EPB/ESC Plant Mode disable. When I made it enable code is gone. I believe normal mode is disabled.

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

tdb0021

Reaction score
Thank You! I was able to clear one code, still 2 remain. I am unable to complete sensor cluster calibration
unfortunately i think you might have to go to the dealership to get this fixed. they will most likely just do an initialization. All you need to tell them is that you replaced the ABS module and need them to do the initialization. Basically the same thing that i went through.

St-na

Reaction score
unfortunately i think you might have to go to the dealership to get this fixed. they will most likely just do an initialization. All you need to tell them is that you replaced the ABS module and need them to do the initialization. Basically the same thing that i went through.
Ok, thank You. Hopefully I can reach them. MayhemMOORE was unlucky driving the truck with the codes.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank You! I was able to clear one code, still 2 remain. I am unable to complete sensor cluster calibration. C006A code is related to Multi-axis Acceleration Sensor. I do not have this procedure shown in alfaobd. C2212 shown when I have both EPB/ESC Plant Mode disable. When I made it enable code is gone. I believe normal mode is disabled.
If you have the windows version, you can force the longitudinal calibration from the 2013+ ABS module list

St-na

Reaction score
If you have the windows version, you can force the longitudinal calibration from the 2013+ ABS module list
I am using Android version, will try to get Windows one. Really want to complete this mission without dealer involved.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, thank You. Hopefully I can reach them. MayhemMOORE was unlucky driving the truck with the codes.

As long as your parking brake releases you can drive with the codes, I did. Your dash will just be lit up until you can get it cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St-na

Reaction score
Got Windows version and was able to connect to 2013+ ABS module in advanced mode. Regular mode connecting to 2019+ only. longitudinal calibration failed. can't perform cluster and longitudinal calibration.

St-na

Reaction score
Was not lucky with the dealer, had appointment for 08:00, 4 hours waiting before they started to work on my truck and after one hour labor and $160.00 charge they come to the conclusion, that they can not clear EPB fault code. Don't know what to do next.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Was not lucky with the dealer, had appointment for 08:00, 4 hours waiting before they started to work on my truck and after one hour labor and $160.00 charge they come to the conclusion, that they can not clear EPB fault code. Don't know what to do next.
Well that’s interesting... can you confirm the part numbers you ordered? Possible something got mixed

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For that fault, possible low brake fluid? Or re-bleed?
D8743838-BCC5-4512-A54C-F94EEF9876B2.jpeg

tdb0021

Reaction score
I assume you were able to bleed brakes manually first and then using alphaobd after? While bleeding brakes it’s important to check the fluid level during the process.

St-na

Reaction score
I assume you were able to bleed brakes manually first and then using alphaobd after? While bleeding brakes it’s important to check the fluid level during the process.
Yes, I did, will repeat, thank You. Just realized , that dealer reset all my setting to default, I lost lane assist function. Just found fresh dent on my door from their tight parking spot. ****, I guess now is too late to claim them. Hate to visit dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread