5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

St-na

Reaction score
Well that’s interesting... can you confirm the part numbers you ordered? Possible something got mixed
I don't think so, having the parts mixed I would have much more faults, I have installed: 68436462AJ MODULE. Anti-Lock Brake System. 68415320AA HYDRAULIC CONTROL UNIT. Anti-Lock Brake System. 68309592AD SWITCH. I agree with Yours and Jimmy07 last suggestions, will try it.

St-na

Reaction score
Still fighting with EPB ( I believe solution is simple, just need to find correct way) made absolutely perfect manual bleeding, still need to learn alfaobd bleeding. 2013+ and 2021+modules have different bleeding procedure, confused for now. Enabled all functions, disabled by dealer and I got my lane assist back to operation and WOW fully functional ACC and semi-parking. Very excited, but still need to continue with EPB problems.

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 53

tdb0021

Reaction score
Still fighting with EPB ( I believe solution is simple, just need to find correct way) made absolutely perfect manual bleeding, still need to learn alfaobd bleeding. 2013+ and 2021+modules have different bleeding procedure, confused for now. Enabled all functions, disabled by dealer and I got my lane assist back to operation and WOW fully functional ACC and semi-parking. Very excited, but still need to continue with EPB problems.

okay - that makes no sense.. maybe you accidently had the incorrect settings selected? Not sure. Either way, glad it is working.

To bleed the brakes with alpha, just do as it says. -Open bleeder screw, connect your hose/catch bottle, press brake, start bleed process. All it does is flush fluid through all the unique bends in the HCU to make sure its clear.

so - what codes are showing now?

St-na

Reaction score
okay - that makes no sense.. maybe you accidently had the incorrect settings selected? Not sure. Either way, glad it is working.

To bleed the brakes with alpha, just do as it says. -Open bleeder screw, connect your hose/catch bottle, press brake, start bleed process. All it does is flush fluid through all the unique bends in the HCU to make sure its clear.

so - what codes are showing now?
Still the same EPB, same with You. But Your dealer was able to clear it, mine not! Instead of working on this code, they just disabled all our functions, we want to get. One more time thank You for this thread and continued support.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210820-201322_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-201322_AlfaOBD.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
found interesting video on youtube, 630 views for the week, probably somebody from our group:
@tdb0021 I made small update in regards to semi paring in my PDF file, above video also attached, please re-post it.

Attachments

• with DASM.pdf
    897.2 KB · Views: 49

St-na

Reaction score
I have checked entire thread, because I missed smth., during my vacation. All of us, who has installed new HCU&ABS: @tdb0021 , @vincentw56 and me had the same EPB fault code,
The only difference is that for @tdb0021 and @vincentw56 dealer was able to clear the code, for me not. I have to search for the different dealer.

xJudge21x

Reaction score
I have checked entire thread, because I missed smth., during my vacation. All of us, who has installed new HCU&ABS: @tdb0021 , @vincentw56 and me had the same EPB fault code,
The only difference is that for @tdb0021 and @vincentw56 dealer was able to clear the code, for me not. I have to search for the different dealer.
@Stepanchina How goes the war? Any luck with a dealer so far?

St-na

Reaction score
@Jimmy07: what is the function of "EPB on/off CSM Present" setting? Just going throw the settings related with EPB

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07: what is the function of "EPB on/off CSM Present" setting? Just going throw the settings related with EPB
CSMs are what puts the on/off soft toggles in the radio user settings menus. That one would probably toggle the EPB on/off on some other powernet FCA vehicle that has an ABS module that is capable of it. Of all the BCM configurations for 5th gen Rams I have, that setting is set to “no” on all of them (with and without ACC). Setting it to yes might put the setting in the radio, but it probably won’t do anything.

xJudge21x

Reaction score
Not in hurry, all added functions performing very good. This light is not disturbing, EPB is also functional. I still have 1k miles before next oil change, will do it all at once.
Oh very cool, I totally misunderstood and thought it wouldn't work until you went to the dealer. Cool, so it's just a light that needs to be cleared. That is good to know! Thank you sir!!

St-na

Reaction score
Oh very cool, I totally misunderstood and thought it wouldn't work until you went to the dealer. Cool, so it's just a light that needs to be cleared. That is good to know! Thank you sir!!

Visited dealer today for oil change and asked them to clear the code, they said I have to leave a truck with them for 2 days. Crazy! Will continue searching for next good chance.

fofonta

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know if I can add an automatic high beam and a wiper sensor to my Ram? is anyone who would help me? thanks I am adding VIN 1C6RRFFG5KN694170
thank you very much in advance

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know if I can add an automatic high beam and a wiper sensor to my Ram? is anyone who would help me? thanks I am adding VIN 1C6RRFFG5KN694170
You can at the rain sensor. But, the auto high beams are controlled by the camera on the windshield. If you don't have ACC or FCW, you won't get auto high beams.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yours would be very easy since you already have an auto dim mirror and auto temp control, meaning the wiring is already correct. You would swap out your current rain/humidity sensor with the one that is capable of rain sense wipers- part number 68298334AA for the sensor, and part number 68488349AA for the sensor gel pack.
You’d swap out your current mirror with the mirror that has the auto high beam camera- part number 68312206AA.
Then use AlfaOBD to set the following:
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES
VehConfig 2: Rain Sensor Present- YES
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- ECC AHBM
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present-YES
Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM)- YES (this setting only shows up on certain BCM variant lists, and may or may not already be set. I would make sure to have the windows version of AlfaOBD in case it doesn’t show up, you can force it to).

fofonta

Reaction score
Vaše by bylo velmi snadné, protože již máte zrcátko s automatickým stmíváním a automatickou regulaci teploty, což znamená, že zapojení je již správné. Vyměnili byste svůj současný senzor deště/vlhkosti za ten, který je schopen stírat dešťové senzory- číslo dílu 68298334AA pro senzor a číslo dílu 68488349AA pro sadu gelových senzorů.
Vyměnili byste své současné zrcátko za zrcátko s automatickou dálkovou kamerou- číslo dílu 68312206AA.
Poté pomocí AlfaOBD nastavte následující:
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- ANO
VehConfig 2: Dešťový senzor přítomen- ANO
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat .: Auto High Beam Module Location- ECC AHBM
Nabídka CustSet 1: Auto CSM s dálkovými světly- ANO
Nabídka CustSet 1: Stěrače citlivé na déšť CSM současnost-ANO
Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM)- ANO (toto nastavení se zobrazuje pouze na určitých seznamech variant BCM a může, ale nemusí být již nastaveno. Zajistil bych verzi AlfaOBD pro Windows v případě, že tomu tak není ukaž se, můžeš to přinutit).
to zní velmi dobře děkuji moc

St-na

Reaction score
Did you check the EPB and ESC In-Plant Modes to make sure they are disabled?
Alexey confirmed there is a lug in alfaobd: enabling EPB/ESC In-plant mode in fact disabling It (he will correct it), didn't help me to solve the problem, but anyway. He also added Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration to Android beta version: https://www.alfaobd.com/AlfaOBDsetup_beta.exe

fofonta

Reaction score
Hi I mounted everything, I set everything up:
2014 CBC Config I / O & Feat .: Auto High Beam Module Location- ECC AHBM
but I can't find this item:
Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM) - YES?

i have both alfaobd for win and for android
I didn't find it through the back version

how can I force it on you through win? Thanks

Another thing is that even after 6 hours of standing in the car, the offer in uconnect has not been added

thanks

fofonta

Reaction score
Hi I mounted everything, I set everything up:
2014 CBC Config I / O & Feat .: Auto High Beam Module Location- ECC AHBM
but I can't find this item:
Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM) - YES?

i have both alfaobd for win and for android
I didn't find it through the back version

how can I force it on you through win? Thanks

Another thing is that even after 6 hours of standing in the car, the offer in uconnect has not been added

thanks
So in the end it took a while but everything works as it should ... thank you very much for your help once again

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following this thread. I would like to add ACC and the assisted parking option if possible later down the road. :)

Users who are viewing this thread