5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

sportgd

Reaction score
What about the rear sensors? Do you have all 6 sensors?
Yeah, all 6 - 6MK25TZZAA in back.

Was trying to replaced new delivered 5YV69TZZAA front sensors, they are completely different with original and don't fit. Need to talk with the Mopar guys.
Mine fit, but I started with those from the get go… you might just need to replace the plastic holder for the sensor, there is a little nub that won’t let it sit in tight if the holder isn’t oriented properly. I’m not sure the holders that worked for me as I found they had multiple listed at each position and ordered extra and didn’t record what was what.. some I had to squeeze in there

St-na

Reaction score
Yeah, all 6 - 6MK25TZZAA in back.

Mine fit, but I started with those from the get go… you might just need to replace the plastic holder for the sensor, there is a little nub that won’t let it sit in tight if the holder isn’t oriented properly. I’m not sure the holders that worked for me as I found they had multiple listed at each position and ordered extra and didn’t record what was what.. some I had to squeeze in there
No chance, connectors ( sockets) are completely different. Original sensor has very strange part number, not show on Mopar site, except one from Mexico. Can You advice the part number from Yours Original sensor.

Attachments

• 20210815_215007.jpg
    20210815_215007.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 45

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No chance, connectors ( sockets) are completely different. Original sensor has very strange part number, not show on Mopar site, except one from Mexico. Can You advice the part number from Yours Original sensor.
You need to shave off this key-way
462D2284-D8AF-4A72-8747-054D73715791.jpeg

St-na

Reaction score
You need to shave off this key-way
View attachment 103007
Thank You! Had this idea, but did not dare to cut, without Your confirmation. Was afraid, that smth is wrong with the sensor type/function. Do You have any idea why me and

@sportgd can't activate semi parking switch? Car configuration change: PTS Configuration: ' FRONT AND REAR ' -> '2​

1.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank You! Had this idea, but did not dare to cut, without Your confirmation. Was afraid, that smth is wrong with the sensor type/function. Do You have any idea why me and

@sportgd can't activate semi parking switch? Car configuration change: PTS Configuration: ' FRONT AND REAR ' -> '2​

View attachment 103014
First, I would make sure all the correct hardware is in place, including those front two sensors. Connect to the parktronics module and scan for faults, then verify operation.

St-na

Reaction score
This peace also doesn't match, shaved off.

Attachments

• front sensors.jpg
    front sensors.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 43

sportgd

Reaction score
This peace also doesn't match, shaved off.
In the front the sensor connectors will actually pop out of the bezel and you can buy new ones for like $1.50 unlike the valances in the back… my wiring harness worked, but I bought one specifically made for auto park.

I actually had to add my sensors from scratch as my truck didn’t come with any to start… I did notice that the part number was not printed correctly on any of them… that one you pulled out looks like 5YV68TZZAA.

I’ll recheck my settings(set PTS to semi-auto), and see if there are any faults to clear today and report back.

sportgd

Reaction score
So I haven’t actually tested how it works yet but the button now works, I found and changed this setting too:

VehConfig 5: Semi Automatic Parking System Present - yes

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I haven’t actually tested how it works yet but the button now works, I found and changed this setting too:

VehConfig 5: Semi Automatic Parking System Present - yes
That was what I asked above.

sportgd

Reaction score
That was what I asked above.
My fault, didn’t understand that’s what you meant! Earlier in the thread it says only 1 setting is needed, PTS configuration from ‘front and back’ to ‘semi-auto’ so I just thought you were asking if that was set. Either way hopefully that can help @Stepanchina if that’s the issue!

I have confirmed it works as the truck parked itself when I got to the office.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know about it, $1.50 is not the point, but waiting time for the order is few days, makes no sense as long I can install without. Since You bought specially made wiring harness, I understand why I faced this kind of troubles with the sensors. I just spoke with the dealer and my VIN shows for SENSOR. Park Assist outboard driver side: 68335623AC, passenger side: 68335624AC. For the Laramie with Parallel & Perp Park driver side: 68335627AC, passenger side: 68335628AC. It's a first time I hear, that sensors are different on both side. @Jimmy07 please advice. The most interesting things for me is, that @vincentw56 have succeeded this mod without all these troubles.
I can only go by the info on the parts sites that is available to all of us. These two part numbers are specific to parallel/perp park assist, but without seeing them side by side, I don’t know how different they are, or if your existing ones can be modified to accept the new sensors. B6327488-5496-4437-8C07-A96B0CC51E2F.jpeg BBB2A46D-7C24-4D78-97D3-1BF400F71631.jpeg

sportgd

Reaction score
I can only go by the info on the parts sites that is available to all of us. These two part numbers are specific to parallel/perp park assist, but without seeing them side by side, I don’t know how different they are, or if your existing ones can be modified to accept the new sensors. View attachment 103020 View attachment 103021
I think these are accurate because mine did allow for the bump to slide in without modifying… if stepanchina already shaved off the bump it might not matter at this point.

St-na

Reaction score
In the front the sensor connectors will actually pop out of the bezel and you can buy new ones for like $1.50 unlike the valances in the back… my wiring harness worked, but I bought one specifically made for auto park.

I actually had to add my sensors from scratch as my truck didn’t come with any to start… I did notice that the part number was not printed correctly on any of them… that one you pulled out looks like 5YV68TZZAA.

I’ll recheck my settings(set PTS to semi-auto), and see if there are any faults to clear today and report back.
I know about it, $1.50 is not the point, but waiting time for the order is few days, makes no sense as long I can install without. Since You bought specially made wiring harness, I understand why I faced this kind of troubles with the sensors. I just spoke with the dealer and my VIN shows for SENSOR. Park Assist outboard: 6MT25TZZAA. For the Laramie with Parallel & Perp Park: 5YV69TZZAA, same as ordered and received.
Now is clear where was a problem, there are 2 settings to be changed for semi parking, not 1:
VehConfig 1: PTS configuration: Semi Automatic
VehConfig 5: Semi Automatic Parking System Present: Yes
I need to update my instruction in @tbd0021 second post.
@sportgd, thank You for Your finding!

St-na

Reaction score
I can only go by the info on the parts sites that is available to all of us. These two part numbers are specific to parallel/perp park assist, but without seeing them side by side, I don’t know how different they are, or if your existing ones can be modified to accept the new sensors. View attachment 103020 View attachment 103021
Already clarified with Mopar guys, it was their mistake, I deleted my old post and made new already

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know about it, $1.50 is not the point, but waiting time for the order is few days, makes no sense as long I can install without. Since You bought specially made wiring harness, I understand why I faced this kind of troubles with the sensors. I just spoke with the dealer and my VIN shows for SENSOR. Park Assist outboard: 6MT25TZZAA. For the Laramie with Parallel & Perp Park: 5YV69TZZAA, same as ordered and received.
Now is clear where was a problem, there are 2 settings to be changed for semi parking, not 1:
VehConfig 1: PTS configuration: Semi Automatic
VehConfig 5: Semi Automatic Parking System Present: Yes
I need to update my instruction in @tbd0021 second post.
@sportgd, thank You for Your finding!
I just did a search in AlfaODB for semi and that was how I found the two settings.

St-na

Reaction score
Installed all parts and trying to clear my codes.. Have attached faults, @Jimmy07 please help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg