5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

tdb0021

Reaction score
If someone wants to compile the information/part #s for adding ACC for people that have a DASM from factory, I will add to the beginning of this thread in hopes to eliminate the same questions being asked/answered.

xJudge21x

Reaction score
If someone wants to compile the information/part #s for adding ACC for people that have a DASM from factory, I will add to the beginning of this thread in hopes to eliminate the same questions being asked/answered.
Don't know if this helps or just confuses...

Here is what I have for the parts for a 2021 RAM that already has DASM and FCW+ are below:

ACC for 2021 RAM with DASM and FCW+

Requires:

HCU: 68415320AA ACC w/Stop and Go - $265.55

ABS Module: 68436462AJ Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go], [Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go] After 06/06/2018 - $200.64

ACC Button - 68309592AD SWITCH. Speed Control. Right. = $57.05

Lane Keep for 2021 RAM

Requires:

Center Stack 68312620AG – $468.60

Parking Assist for 2021 with FCW+

Requires:

Center Stack from Lane Keep (should have both lane keep and parking buttons.

1 of 68488374AB WIRING. REAR FASCIA[Rear Bumper Module], [Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop].. $100.81

2 of 68271824AA, RING. Decoupler. Sensor. $1.03

2 of 6MK25TZZAA, SENSOR. Park Assist. Inboard. $28.54

1 of 68404409AA, VALANCE. Rear. Left. Outer. $26.14

1 of 68404408AA, VALANCE. Rear. Right. Outer. $26.14

At least this is what I bought, well except for the harness that is giving me a problem...

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps or just confuses...

Here is what I have for the parts for a 2021 RAM that already has DASM and FCW+ are below:

ACC for 2021 RAM with DASM and FCW+

Requires:

HCU: 68415320AA ACC w/Stop and Go - $265.55

ABS Module: 68436462AJ Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go], [Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go] After 06/06/2018 - $200.64

ACC Button - 68309592AD SWITCH. Speed Control. Right. = $57.05

Lane Keep for 2021 RAM

Requires:

Center Stack 68312620AG – $468.60

Parking Assist for 2021 with FCW+

Requires:

Center Stack from Lane Keep (should have both lane keep and parking buttons.

1 of 68488374AB WIRING. REAR FASCIA[Rear Bumper Module], [Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop].. $100.81

2 of 6MK25TZZAA, SENSOR. Park Assist. Inboard. $28.54

1 of 68404409AA, VALANCE. Rear. Left. Outer. $26.14

1 of 68404408AA, VALANCE. Rear. Right. Outer. $26.14

At least this is what I bought, well except for the harness that is giving me a problem...

This is not needed. The new sensor come with it.

St-na

Reaction score
Have been thinking about the same and completed my write up already. Wanted to finish my project by mid of August to post this file.

Attachments

• with DASM.pdf
    897.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

sportgd

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped the ABS and HCU on a 2021 that came with the DASM yet?

That’s the only part of my mods that I haven’t completed and I’m a little intimidated by it. I was able to add parksense(started with no sensors at all) with the help of @FM45 and his write up! I was just wondering to myself if the self park would work even before swapping the ABS/HCU.

Thanks for any info/tips!

vincentw56

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped the ABS and HCU on a 2021 that came with the DASM yet?

That’s the only part of my mods that I haven’t completed and I’m a little intimidated by it. I was able to add parksense(started with no sensors at all) with the help of @FM45 and his write up! I was just wondering to myself if the self park would work even before swapping the ABS/HCU.

Thanks for any info/tips!
It's pretty easy if you have some skill. You will need to bleed the brakes and initialize the ABS.

sportgd

Reaction score
It's pretty easy if you have some skill. You will need to bleed the brakes and initialize the ABS.
Haven’t bled brakes in about 15 years but I think I can handle that… the initializing happens at the dealer from the initial post it looks like?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Haven’t bled brakes in about 15 years but I think I can handle that… the initializing happens at the dealer from the initial post it looks like?
You can use AlfaODB and try it. But, I had to have the dealer do it.

St-na

Reaction score
Semi parking: Changed rear fascia, installed additional sensors and required Parking assist module. Configuration in alfaobd is changed as well. Can't activate my Park Assist button. Any ideas? Checked the manual, all requirements are fulfilled, except: Electronic Stability Control/Anti-Lock Braking System intervention? @Jimmy07 : does semi parking system require to have the same ABS module. as for ACC? Haven't change mine yet, because my ABS control module was lost with the last delivery.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
Semi parking: Changed rear fascia, installed additional sensors and required Parking assist module. Configuration in alfaobd is changed as well. Can't activate my Park Assist button. Any ideas? Checked the manual, all requirements are fulfilled, except: Electronic Stability Control/Anti-Lock Braking System intervention? @Jimmy07 : does semi parking system require to have the same ABS module. as for ACC? Haven't change mine yet, because my ABS control module was lost with the last delivery.
I activated before I installed any of the stuff for ACC so I know it doesn't need the ABS or HCU module. I think there was one setting I missed. I can't remember.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Did you set semi-auto park?

St-na

Reaction score
Did you set semi-auto park?
Sure I did, I have posted a screenshot. No warning on dash, all sensors are working. Just can not activate the switch. The second reason can be, that I haven't replaced front sensors yet, following Your idea, that original should work. I still don't believe that's true, but I expected to see warning message on my dash about front sensors after switch is activated. May be the switch is not activating at all, because the front outer sensors, there are the ones who is searching for the parking spot. Will replace them tomorrow and check again.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
Sure I did, I have posted a screenshot, if it's not ABS, have no idea what else can be a reason. No warning on dash, all sensors are working. Just can not activate the switch.
Curious, did you double check it is set? I say it too and went back in and it wasn't set. Set it the 2nd time and it worked. Even if you are missing a component or something, you should get at least an error on the dash.

St-na

Reaction score
Curious, did you double check it is set? I say it too and went back in and it wasn't set. Set it the 2nd time and it worked. Even if you are missing a component or something, you should get at least an error on the dash.
edited my message above.

sportgd

Reaction score
I haven’t done my ABS or HCU yet and just tried activating auto park and it’s behaving the same as @Stepanchina button doesn’t light up or anything… no errors. I believe I have the front sensors in the proper spots

5YV69TZZAA - positions 1 and 6
5YV68TZZAA - positions 2 and 5
6MK25TZZAA - positions 3 and 4

vincentw56

Reaction score
I haven’t done my ABS or HCU yet and just tried activating auto park and it’s behaving the same as @Stepanchina button doesn’t light up or anything… no errors. I believe I have the front sensors in the proper spots

5YV69TZZAA - positions 1 and 6
5YV68TZZAA - positions 2 and 5
6MK25TZZAA - positions 3 and 4
What about the rear sensors? Do you have all 6 sensors?

St-na

Reaction score
Was trying to replaced new delivered 5YV69TZZAA front sensors, they are completely different with original and don't fit. Need to talk with the Mopar guys.

Attachments

• 20210815_151925.jpg
    20210815_151925.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread