5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I reverted back to the previous settings, or at least what I believe they should be as apparently my baseline bcm status failed to upload when it said it did. Still have warning lights on for AEB and FCW, the lanesense settings in the uconnect haven't gone away, and there is a stored code in the DASM (pacifica was the only one I got to connect) that says ecu mismatch C2223. Cancelled my dealership appointment tomorrow for a different issue, as I want to see if this can get sorted out before I show up with a bunch of lights on.

tdb0021

Reaction score
So I reverted back to the previous settings, or at least what I believe they should be as apparently my baseline bcm status failed to upload when it said it did. Still have warning lights on for AEB and FCW, the lanesense settings in the uconnect haven't gone away, and there is a stored code in the DASM (pacifica was the only one I got to connect) that says ecu mismatch C2223. Cancelled my dealership appointment tomorrow for a different issue, as I want to see if this can get sorted out before I show up with a bunch of lights on.

ECU mismatch i believe is an ABS module issue. Could be wrong...but i had the same warning at one point. Also, the warning lights might take a few cycles to disappear

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ECU mismatch i believe is an ABS module issue. Could be wrong...but i had the same warning at one point. Also, the warning lights might take a few cycles to disappear
Jimmy07 said he had an idea what it was and is looking into it. At least I have regular cruise back for now. I also ordered a cheap windows tablet so I can at least be on the latest version of alfa and have a little more control over my connection.

I had a code earlier today that said "ABS disabled ECU", but it's gone now and I went down a dirt road to make sure I at least still had ABS and it worked fine. So all that's inop at the moment is the AEB/FCW stuff, which isn't the end of the world, but I'm hoping the lights for it will go away.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Yes, i do remember this one:

Body Control Module (BCM) does not expect the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) module to be present.
Cause:
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) NOT CONFIGURED FOR ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (ACC) MODULE
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (ACC) MODULE NOT CONFIGURED

I'm thinking you possibly missed a setting in the BCM. This is the code i got when i plugged the DASM in but did not enable it

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, i do remember this one:

Body Control Module (BCM) does not expect the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) module to be present.
Cause:
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) NOT CONFIGURED FOR ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (ACC) MODULE
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (ACC) MODULE NOT CONFIGURED

I'm thinking you possibly missed a setting in the BCM. This is the code i got when i plugged the DASM in but did not enable it
That's what I found on it as well. I'll run back down the list tomorrow, but I don't have a stock BCM list to compare it to, so I just used your list and undid the stuff that seemed to pertain to ACC/lanesense being that I have AEB/FCW and auto high beams from the factory with the DASM. The tablet I have is giving me very limited options for finding a good connection the the DASM, so Friday I should have the new one and I'll get the windows version up and running.

Reaction score
That's what I found on it as well. I'll run back down the list tomorrow, but I don't have a stock BCM list to compare it to, so I just used your list and undid the stuff that seemed to pertain to ACC/lanesense being that I have AEB/FCW and auto high beams from the factory with the DASM. The tablet I have is giving me very limited options for finding a good connection the the DASM, so Friday I should have the new one and I'll get the windows version up and running.

Here is a backup of my BCM settings. My truck came with FCW and Lane Sense View attachment 2021 RAM BCM Defaults.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a backup of my BCM settings. My truck came with FCW and Lane Sense View attachment 92517

Thanks for this, I was able to find the one setting I should've left alone when I reverted back. "ACC/DASM Adaptive Cruise Control/Driver Assistance Module" needs to remain enabled as long as your truck has a DASM, regardless of having ACC or not. It makes sense given that the module controls more than just cruise. All warning lights are off now and the FCW system is operational.

Now I am wondering what is missing to get this to work. I'm thinking the ABS module is likely different. Since the limited is using the same part number for the HCU as my truck, I need to have the dealer look up the ABS module for each using the VIN and see if they come back different. If they do, I'm betting that might be the answer.

Reaction score
Thanks for this, I was able to find the one setting I should've left alone when I reverted back. "ACC/DASM Adaptive Cruise Control/Driver Assistance Module" needs to remain enabled as long as your truck has a DASM, regardless of having ACC or not. It makes sense given that the module controls more than just cruise. All warning lights are off now and the FCW system is operational.

Now I am wondering what is missing to get this to work. I'm thinking the ABS module is likely different. Since the limited is using the same part number for the HCU as my truck, I need to have the dealer look up the ABS module for each using the VIN and see if they come back different. If they do, I'm betting that might be the answer.

That would be good to know I tried doing this as well and get all the same errors you get. Maybe the ABS module is different.

St-na

Reaction score
That would be good to know I tried doing this as well and get all the same errors you get. Maybe the ABS module is different.

You said Your cruise control is working now. Is it working with new ACC switch or You change back to original?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You said Your cruise control is working now. Is it working with new ACC switch or You change back to original?
I still have the ACC switch installed. It's not going to affect anything, as like all the other stuff, until the BCM is told it should be looking for it, it's not going to see it there.

St-na

Reaction score

Can it be that ABS control module just need to be reprogrammed? Each control module after installation is programmed based on the Vin or not?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can it be that ABS control module just need to be reprogrammed? Each control module after installation is programmed based on the Vin or not?

My thoughts are that the HCU part number on the 21’s that no one can find any info on might be able to do everything needed, but perhaps the ABS module still needs to be specific to either speed control, or speed control with stop and go. I could be totally wrong, but I’m not seeing much else that could affect it at this point other than the dasm, or ABS module itself. I think there is only one part number for the dasm, so it should be capable of everything provided it’s set in the bcm. I just need to stop by and have the dealer run the vin on a factory equipped truck with ACC, then compare the part number it gives for the ABS module to mine. Mine did say only “speed control” when we looked it up previously, and I’m betting that the Limited will come back with the one that’s needed for ACC.

tdb0021

Reaction score
My thoughts are that the HCU part number on the 21’s that no one can find any info on might be able to do everything needed, but perhaps the ABS module still needs to be specific to either speed control, or speed control with stop and go. I could be totally wrong, but I’m not seeing much else that could affect it at this point other than the dasm, or ABS module itself. I think there is only one part number for the dasm, so it should be capable of everything provided it’s set in the bcm. I just need to stop by and have the dealer run the vin on a factory equipped truck with ACC, then compare the part number it gives for the ABS module to mine. Mine did say only “speed control” when we looked it up previously, and I’m betting that the Limited will come back with the one that’s needed for ACC.

found this from an old post of mine "I was reading and it turns out that the DASM uses information from the ABS Module to determine speed and Yaw rates for the LDW to predict its path. Since my ABS module is not the correct one for the DASM, it would make sense that is why lanesense isn't working."

I imagine this is why you get errors too. Wrong ABS module... You should be able to get the part# from alpha

Reaction score
found this from an old post of mine "I was reading and it turns out that the DASM uses information from the ABS Module to determine speed and Yaw rates for the LDW to predict its path. Since my ABS module is not the correct one for the DASM, it would make sense that is why lanesense isn't working."

I imagine this is why you get errors too. Wrong ABS module... You should be able to get the part# from alpha

Well my truck has lane sense and forward collision warning with braking from the factory but still get lights on the dash if I enable ACC. No fault codes though.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’ll see what I can find for part numbers when I get my new tablet. The part number that came up under the ABS in AlfaOBD was the part number on the side of the HCU on my truck. There isn’t the standard Mopar part number that I can find anywhere on the outside of the actual ABS module.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well my truck has lane sense and forward collision warning with braking from the factory but still get lights on the dash if I enable ACC. No fault codes though.

Can you use AlfaOBD and connect to the ABS and see what part and hardware number come up? I’m guessing it will probably be the same as mine. I have FCW but not lame sense from the factory.

Reaction score
Can you use AlfaOBD and connect to the ABS and see what part and hardware number come up? I’m guessing it will probably be the same as mine. I have FCW but not lame sense from the factory.

From AlfaOBD this is the part number I get 68438453AD

Reaction score

Funny thing this is the reading from my ABS module before I changed anything, and under ECU Qualifications it says ACC: Present
3d98945779c7eed819123b6f335f3a37.png

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Same part number as myself and several others, as well as the loaded limited I looked at on the lot.

ACC comes up several times in the full BCM status. Someone with more knowledge of it all than me might be able to chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread