5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s what I did yes, it powers up and even my CarPlay connects but nothing responds to touch. Not sure if I have to program something or if it should be plug and play. It said something at the beginning about being locked and to start the vehicle and I did that but no luck. Tried a reset by holding the power button till it reset but didn’t help.
Sounds like you bought a 2022 UC5 screen, which you can’t use with a 2019-2021 radio module. What is the part number of the screen you bought.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Have y’all seen the ADAS (Active Driver Assist System) in the ProMaster? It recognizes traffic signs, detects drowsy drivers, assist with speed control, and can apply brakes when needed. Has anyone heard about Ram rolling this out into the 1500-3500 trucks?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have y’all seen the ADAS (Active Driver Assist System) in the ProMaster? It recognizes traffic signs, detects drowsy drivers, assist with speed control, and can apply brakes when needed. Has anyone heard about Ram rolling this out into the 1500-3500 trucks?
That’ll probably come along when ram decides to start using the Atlantis architecture (CAN FD, etc), like used on the Wagoneer and new grand Cherokee

TheLegend

Reaction score
That’ll probably come along when ram decides to start using the Atlantis architecture (CAN FD, etc), like used on the Wagoneer and new grand Cherokee
Ah I gotcha “fingers crossed” sooner rather than later. That’d be a nice feature to have especially with Comma right now where it is at. Does ADAS work with the DASM then throughout the system?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah I gotcha “fingers crossed” sooner rather than later. That’d be a nice feature to have especially with Comma right now where it is at. Does ADAS work with the DASM then throughout the system?
No, it’s a completely different system that uses multiple different components-central decision module, long range camera, mid and long range radars.
Promaster is a completely different platform, and uses procsi configuration vs a powernet configuration. Even though the promaster is a ram vehicle, it is probably the furthest thing to compare features to a ram truck.
If/when ram trucks get adas, it’ll be just like how Wagoneer and grand Cherokee have it. So, you would basically want to see if comma can be used on a Wagoneer when speaking in terms of future Ram truck ADAS, not a promaster.

TheLegend

Reaction score
No, it’s a completely different system that uses multiple different components-central decision module, long range camera, mid and long range radars.
Promaster is a completely different platform, and uses procsi configuration vs a powernet configuration. Even though the promaster is a ram vehicle, it is probably the furthest thing to compare features to a ram truck.
If/when ram trucks get adas, it’ll be just like how Wagoneer and grand Cherokee have it. So, you would basically want to see if comma can be used on a Wagoneer when speaking in terms of future Ram truck ADAS, not a promaster.
Okay I’ll have to see because my wife has a Grand Cherokee so I’ll see what I can figure out. Thanks Jimmy was just curious on that I figured it was different systems completely.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
That setting is only if you have the DASM for FCW and adaptive cruise. You are using the mirror with camera for high beams, so try ecc_AHBM for that setting
Hi Jimmy,

I am attempting the auto high beam mod soon.

I do not have the advanced safety package, and plan to use the mirror for auto high beam.

My current setting (2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location) is set to CRVMM. In a similar thread in the HD Ram forums, you mentioned this is the correct setting for auto high beams. Will both settings work when using the mirror for auto high beams?

Anyone add an auto-dimming mirror?

Right now all the other related settings are set to “no”. I have not installed the mirror yet either. I am getting everything ready now for when I do.

Thank you for you contributions here. I really appreciate your help.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy,

I am attempting the auto high beam mod soon.

I do not have the advanced safety package, and plan to use the mirror for auto high beam.

My current setting (2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location) is set to CRVMM. In a similar thread in the HD Ram forums, you mentioned this is the correct setting for auto high beams. Will both settings work when using the mirror for auto high beams?

Anyone add an auto-dimming mirror?

Right now all the other related settings are set to “no”. I have not installed the mirror yet either. I am getting everything ready now for when I do.

Thank you for you contributions here. I really appreciate your help.
CRVMM is the correct setting. I went brain dead on that previous reply.

Beardslow

Reaction score
I have a quick question about the auto dimming high beams part. I do not have ACC or Lane assist on my truck. My vehicle options say I have "Full speed fwd collision warn plus." I previously have done the digital rear view mirror swap and was wondering if there is a way to still get auto dimming high beams. I thought I read somewhere that if you had ACC the auto dimming feature uses a different camera not the one in the rear view mirror. Any input on this?

TheLegend

Reaction score
I have a quick question about the auto dimming high beams part. I do not have ACC or Lane assist on my truck. My vehicle options say I have "Full speed fwd collision warn plus." I previously have done the digital rear view mirror swap and was wondering if there is a way to still get auto dimming high beams. I thought I read somewhere that if you had ACC the auto dimming feature uses a different camera not the one in the rear view mirror. Any input on this?
Are you talking about Auto Dimming for the Rear View Mirror and Side View Mirror or are you talking about Auto High Beam where it switches on and off on it own?

TheLegend

Reaction score
If you are talking about Auto Dimming for mirrors it uses a sensor and if you put the digital rear view in it’s at the bottom right on the back of the rear view if you are looking straight at the digital rear view mirror from driver seat. You should have a soft key in Vehicle on your Uconnect is it able to turn off and on?

If you lost Auto Dimming in mirrors due to putting on digital rear view you have to change some setting in Alfa to get it back only works in 2021+ trucks (which you have by your signature I assume).

LIN & Misc: CRVMM Present - No

CBC Config I/O Usage: RVDM Present - Yes

Beardslow

Reaction score
Are you talking about Auto Dimming for the Rear View Mirror and Side View Mirror or are you talking about Auto High Beam where it switches on and off on it own?
I'm talking about the truck turning the high beams on and off when there is oncoming traffic.

TheLegend

Reaction score
I'm talking about the truck turning the high beams on and off when there is oncoming traffic.
Okay I still don’t understand your question basically you are asking because of your new Digital Rear View Mirror you want to know if you can still do Auto High Beam? If so, the digital rear view mirror doesn’t deal with the auto high beam. So, yeah you can still do the auto high beam mod. Sorry just the wording you used was pretty confusing lol.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Since you already have Forward Collision Warning Plus all you have to do is make the changes in AlfaOBD.

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam Module Location - IRCM

CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present - Yes

Beardslow

Reaction score
Since you already have Forward Collision Warning Plus all you have to do is make the changes in AlfaOBD.

Ok, I will go try this tonight and see what happens.

Thanks.

Beardslow

Reaction score

So the Module location was already set to IRCM and I changed the CustSetMenu 1 value to Yes and the soft key shows up in the radio now. How ever the feature doesn't work. Turning my high beams on, I get no message on the dash say "Auto High Beams on" like what my wife gets on her Laramie. It doesn't dim the high beams with on coming traffic either. Any ideas?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the Module location was already set to IRCM and I changed the CustSetMenu 1 value to Yes and the soft key shows up in the radio now. How ever the feature doesn't work. Turning my high beams on, I get no message on the dash say "Auto High Beams on" like what my wife gets on her Laramie. It doesn't dim the high beams with on coming traffic either. Any ideas?
Sounds like you’re missing a setting.
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES.

Users who are viewing this thread