5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

04yfz

Reaction score
So the Module location was already set to IRCM and I changed the CustSetMenu 1 value to Yes and the soft key shows up in the radio now. How ever the feature doesn't work. Turning my high beams on, I get no message on the dash say "Auto High Beams on" like what my wife gets on her Laramie. It doesn't dim the high beams with on coming traffic either. Any ideas?
I assume you're leaving the headlights in auto mode as well? It won't work if you manual turn the headlights on.

Reaction score
In the initial document I mentioned having a parking brake warning light on after the HCU and ABS module installation procedure. This can now be cleared with AlphaOBD by doing the following:

ABS > Service Procedures > Assembly Check > START.

The ABS will make a brief noise and EPB light should turn off. Cycle the ignition then put it in Run again, and check the ABS module for faults. The fault might still be present but this time you should be able to clear it.

See page 32, post #628 for details. How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500
Credit to @konon for this discovery.

It has now been confirmed that you can use a used HCU and ABS module rather than purchasing new as mentioned in the installation document. Please refer to page 41, post #812 for details. Many thanks to @Sohosys for this information. How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

It's been confirmed by @Jimmy07 that you can in fact use a used DASM from a donor truck to complete this modification. See post 902 on page 46 for details. How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500
You are a god sent, I have followed everything and successfully added ACC to my 2022 Rebel and everything seems to function as it should. My only issue is the little collision warning light. I went to the dealer and told them I needed the calibration done but I was with him and the module does not light up on his screen to even access the adaptive cruise. Yet everything is working. My truck came with forward collision avoidance. Any ideas on what I could have done wrong? The option on my screen is checked for it to be on t but the dash shows it as off. I fixed the park brake warning by doing the assembly check. Any help is greatly appreciated. Installing my comma 3 as soon as I get that light to go off.

Attachments

• 3EFD8F99-A242-439D-B2BA-79C8EB2B3607.jpeg
    3EFD8F99-A242-439D-B2BA-79C8EB2B3607.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 50

tdb0021

Reaction score
You are a god sent, I have followed everything and successfully added ACC to my 2022 Rebel and everything seems to function as it should. My only issue is the little collision warning light. I went to the dealer and told them I needed the calibration done but I was with him and the module does not light up on his screen to even access the adaptive cruise. Yet everything is working. My truck came with forward collision avoidance. Any ideas on what I could have done wrong? The option on my screen is checked for it to be on t but the dash shows it as off. I fixed the park brake warning by doing the assembly check. Any help is greatly appreciated. Installing my comma 3 as soon as I get that light to go off.
Glad it’s working out for you thus far. I would assume you missed a setting in alpha. Since your truck came with FCW from the factory, you shouldn’t have to take it to the dealer. What happens when you try to enable ACC? Are you sure there are no fault codes showing up?

Ddesilva

Reaction score
Hi all - regarding abs module 68436462AF from instructions. The parts stores are telling me I need to order this will it work?

2019 Laramie A9423A02-502A-4D51-B119-269E7DE92584.png

St-na

Reaction score
Had the same problem for some time. Check my posts on page 11.

Ddesilva

Reaction score
Just picked up new to me 2019 Laramie. Not quite sure if this is the required windshield for conversion can someone confirm please? 418BD02A-5D88-4EB4-AEA3-EC201603F390.jpeg 0B94848A-6300-4926-B35B-C2DADEC72BFD.jpeg

Ddesilva

Reaction score
I think its wrong. You should use 68436462AK(abs module) and 68415320(hcu)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I ended up ordering the AK, which claims to be the supersession. Thanks for your note!

Ddesilva

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Does anyone know of a vin that I can use to feed the glass company - so they order the right one?

ch53e mech

US Marine. Very grateful to everyone for the help!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Does anyone know of a vin that I can use to feed the glass company - so they order the right one?
Actually realized there is a vin posted from a Laramie early on in this thread that has advanced safety group. 1C6RREJT4MN628940

St-na

Reaction score
Full speed warning collision plus is a standard future for all Laramie's, started from '21. All of them supposed to have DASM

U212

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a ram rebel 1500 2022. I am trying to add in auto high beams, ACC and lane assist. I have enabled auto high beams through alfa obd and is working fine. For ACC I bought the switch for my steering wheel. Have not installed it yet. I'm not sure if I have the right abs module or not. I went ahead added the window sticker for my truck. If anyone could help point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428-082845.png
    Screenshot_20230428-082845.png
    328.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20230428-082750.png
    Screenshot_20230428-082750.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 27

U212

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a ram rebel 1500 2022. I am trying to add in auto high beams, ACC and lane assist. I have enabled auto high beams through alfa obd and is working fine. For ACC I bought the switch for my steering wheel. Have not installed it yet. I'm not sure if I have the right abs module or not. I went ahead added the window sticker for my truck. If anyone could help point me in the right direction.
Update - called a few dealer ships and finally got one that would give me the abs module and hcu module numbers
Abs - 68436461AJ
Hcu - 68415317AA

So I would have to get these replaced if I wanted to get acc working. For lane assist I would just change out the center stack for center stack with lane assist button?

TheLegend

Reaction score
Update - called a few dealer ships and finally got one that would give me the abs module and hcu module numbers
Abs - 68436461AJ
Hcu - 68415317AA

So I would have to get these replaced if I wanted to get acc working. For lane assist I would just change out the center stack for center stack with lane assist button?
Yes that is correct on both! If you are getting a new screen and just change the setting in Alfa. I went ahead and got the one with Lane Assist and Self Parking it wasn’t that much more and it isn’t as easy at Lane Assist but is not hard to do at all.

U212

Reaction score
Yes that is correct on both! If you are getting a new screen and just change the setting in Alfa. I went ahead and got the one with Lane Assist and Self Parking it wasn’t that much more and it isn’t as easy at Lane Assist but is not hard to do at all.
So for the self parking did you have to add any additional sensors or just more steps in alfa obd.

TheLegend

Reaction score
So for the self parking did you have to add any additional sensors or just more steps in alfa obd.
In the front I took out the outer most parking sensors and put in the Park Assist sensors then used those two I took out and put them in the back with new left and right valances that have two openings for sensors. Also, had to change the fascia wiring harness in the front and back which was really easy and replaced the module then just the Alfa changes. At the time for those parts not including the Screen it was $370 total.

St-na

Reaction score
It's so easy to use search function in this forum or thread. We have replied on all the questions, but the same question are coming over and over again. We run to 50 pages thread already.

Users who are viewing this thread