5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m going to try everything with JScan but the instructions are with AlfaOBD if anyone did it with JScan please let me know how you did it just waiting for all the parts to come in. Have DASM adding Park Assist, Lane Assist, ACC (this is the man one I’m worried about with JScan). Then hopefully on to Comma3. Fingers crossed I’ll keep everyone updated and give instructions if I get it to work with JScan. If not I’ll set up for AlfaOBD.
So, if anyone is interested just buy a cheap open box Samsung tablet from eBay (I got mine for $50 brand new it was like $200-$300) and get Alfa if you are doing these because you cannot complete everything to get it completely working. On JScan you can turn on radio setting on the touchscreen but you cannot actually enable the hard buttons for Park Assist and Lane Assist. When it comes to ACC you CANNOT do it with JScan.

Cr8390

Reaction score
I have been trying to read through all these pages to see what I need to enable rain sensing wipers and auto high beams but there are so many pages. I was hoping someone could clarify what i actually need. I have a 2022 Laramie 8.4” screen, I have FCW where it brakes for you if it thinks you’re going to hit someone in the front. So what is needed to add these features to my truck? Also what about the ACC, lane assist etc? I’am more just wanting the rain sensing wipers and auto high beams but if I have alot of the parts already and it won’t be terribly expensive I may look into adding the other features. Thanks!

Last edited:

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been trying to read through all these pages to see what I need to enable rain sensing wipers and auto high beams but there are so many pages. I was hoping someone could clarify what i actually need. I have a 2022 Laramie 8.4” screen, I have FCW where it brakes for you if it thinks you’re going to hit someone in the front. So what is needed to add these features to my truck? Also what about the ACC, lane assist etc? I’am more just wanting the rain sensing wipers and auto high beams but if I have alot of the parts already and it won’t be terribly expensive I may look into adding the other features. Thanks!
It’s all on the first couple of post in the PDF’s. Gives you part numbers and you will have to enable settings with a security gateway bypass, OBD port module, and an app AlfaOBD. If you read literally the first couple of post and PDF’s it breaks most everything down for you. At the end of the PDF’s it has links to other helpful threads as well.

Cr8390

Reaction score
It’s all on the first couple of post in the PDF’s. Gives you part numbers and you will have to enable settings with a security gateway bypass, OBD port module, and an app AlfaOBD. If you read literally the first couple of post and PDF’s it breaks most everything down for you. At the end of the PDF’s it has links to other helpful threads as well.
I read that multiple times and I can see what it says about the ACC etc so I’am good there but there’s nothing specifying the rain sensing wipers and auto high beams. Basically I’m trying to figure out what I need to have auto high beams and rain sensing wipers. Do I need a new mirror? Or do I just enable it in Alfa since I have FWC? Also the rain sensing wipers do I just need the rain sensor? Etc thank you

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read that multiple times and I can see what it says about the ACC etc so I’am good there but there’s nothing specifying the rain sensing wipers and auto high beams. Basically I’m trying to figure out what I need to have auto high beams and rain sensing wipers. Do I need a new mirror? Or do I just enable it in Alfa since I have FWC? Also the rain sensing wipers do I just need the rain sensor? Etc thank you
It’s in the PDF you aren’t reading it.. you more than likely already have it since you have FCW it’s just not enabled. The first PDF has all this info on what options to enable in Alfa, what part number you need (if you don’t have rain sensor already), and other helpful links to answer your questions. If you read all the way through it you would see all of this information I promise you.

Cr8390

Reaction score
It’s in the PDF you aren’t reading it.. you more than likely already have it since you have FCW it’s just not enabled. The first PDF has all this info on what options to enable in Alfa, what part number you need (if you don’t have rain sensor already), and other helpful links to answer your questions. If you read all the way through it you would see all of this information I promise you.
I have read through it multiple times, I see where it says all that but it doesn’t specifically say “ if you have FWC you need this or don’t need this” I also looked at the second pdf that’s with DASM and that only talks about the parts needed for ACC etc.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since you have FCW, all you need to do for auto high beams is enable it with AlfaOBD-
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM

CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES

This thread doesn’t really have anything to do with adding rain sense, and there are multiple other threads on that, but here you go:
Swap out your current rain/humidity sensor with part number 68298334AA.
AlfaOBD settings-
VehConfig 2: Rain Sensor Present- YES

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Rain Sensor Module #2 Present- YES

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Humidity Sensor Long Present- YES

LIN and Misc: Humidity Rain Light Sensor Present- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present- YES

Cr8390

Reaction score
Since you have FCW, all you need to do for auto high beams is enable it with AlfaOBD-
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM

CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES

This thread doesn’t really have anything to do with adding rain sense, and there are multiple other threads on that, but here you go:
Swap out your current rain/humidity sensor with part number 68298334AA.
AlfaOBD settings-
VehConfig 2: Rain Sensor Present- YES

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Rain Sensor Module #2 Present- YES

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Humidity Sensor Long Present- YES

LIN and Misc: Humidity Rain Light Sensor Present- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present- YES
Thank you very much!!

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To everyone who has done the ACC upgrade when removing the brake lines from the Module/HCU what is best method in catching the most brake fluid? Just a standard oil drain pan or what? Have all my parts and starting Monday. Just want to make sure I cover all my bases here think I have everything else needed to complete successfully (fingers crossed).

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To everyone who has done the ACC upgrade when removing the brake lines from the Module/HCU what is best method in catching the most brake fluid? Just a standard oil drain pan or what? Have all my parts and starting Monday. Just want to make sure I cover all my bases here think I have everything else needed to complete successfully (fingers crossed).
Catch the fluid? Didn't know that was an option.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Catch the fluid? Didn't know that was an option.
In the ACC document it exactly says this. “Catch as much as you can”

“You now need to remove all 6 brake lines going to the HCU. Fluid will drain out so you need to be ready to catch as much as you can. Take note of which lines connect to the corresponding spot on the HCU. After these are removed you can then take the bolts you loosened off and take the entire HCU/ABS assembly out of the truck”

vincentw56

Reaction score
In the ACC document it exactly says this. “Catch as much as you can”

“You now need to remove all 6 brake lines going to the HCU. Fluid will drain out so you need to be ready to catch as much as you can. Take note of which lines connect to the corresponding spot on the HCU. After these are removed you can then take the bolts you loosened off and take the entire HCU/ABS assembly out of the truck”
Must have missed that part.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Catch the fluid is basically just a PSA that brake fluid will leak out once disconnecting the lines... best to catch it rather than let it get all over the ground. I don't recommend reusing it though, as brake fluid is cheap and you don't run the risk of putting dirt back in the system.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Catch the fluid is basically just a PSA that brake fluid will leak out once disconnecting the lines... best to catch it rather than let it get all over the ground. I don't recommend reusing it though, as brake fluid is cheap and you don't run the risk of putting dirt back in the system.
That was more or less my question was like is it going to pour out like an oil change or is it going to just drip out as you remove the brake lines. So, I’ll just get some chemical spill pads put a few around the system (for anything I may miss) and one to absorb as I’m taking out the brake lines. Thank you!

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was more or less my question was like is it going to pour out like an oil change or is it going to just drip out as you remove the brake lines. So, I’ll just get some chemical spill pads put a few around the system (for anything I may miss) and one to absorb as I’m taking out the brake lines. Thank you!
Don't let your master brake cylinder reservoir run too low or you'll be bleeding that too. You don't want to do that.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't let your master brake cylinder reservoir run too low or you'll be bleeding that too. You don't want to do that.
Thank you! Yeah I’ve been doing a lot of research and I have manually bleed brakes once before but it was on a 1989 GMC Jimmy and it was with my Uncle about 18 years ago so… lol definitely a different system than a 22’ Ram 1500 😂 I was going to do it today but had some things come up with work so I’m planning on doing it Wednesday now! I appreciate everyone’s help I truly do love this forum everyone is usually very helpful and actually care about helping others (which is hard to come across now a days).

vincentw56

Reaction score
Thank you! Yeah I’ve been doing a lot of research and I have manually bleed brakes once before but it was on a 1989 GMC Jimmy and it was with my Uncle about 18 years ago so… lol definitely a different system than a 22’ Ram 1500 I was going to do it today but had some things come up with work so I’m planning on doing it Wednesday now! I appreciate everyone’s help I truly do love this forum everyone is usually very helpful and actually care about helping others (which is hard to come across now a days).
It will drip out. But rubber caps that go over the end of the lines. Disconnect one, put the cap on. Then do the others. Works perfectly.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will drip out. But rubber caps that go over the end of the lines. Disconnect one, put the cap on. Then do the others. Works perfectly.
So, you are saying to use the rubber caps from the brake ends to plug the into the front brake lines once you disconnect them from the HCU? Helps to not introduce air/contamination into them and not to lose much brake fluid if so that makes a lot of sense if that’s what you are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread