5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Ddesilva

Reaction score
Actually realized there is a vin posted from a Laramie early on in this thread that has advanced safety group. 1C6RREJT4MN628940
That comes up as this windshield part number for a 2021 68451039AA

I have a 2019… But should be compatible yes?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That comes up as this windshield part number for a 2021 68451039AA

I have a 2019… But should be compatible yes?
Im not 100% sure if that part number works for a 2019 it may fit it’s just more expensive because of the HUD and says online it’s a 2021-2023 but this part number below is for a 2019-2023 and is much cheaper (FCW+) 68275585AG

Rebelqatar

Reaction score
Hello from Qatar

Just want to confirm the new successful installation and share with you the procedure and challenges I went throw.

I have a 2022 Ram Rebel with DASM installed from the factory and FWC+, but no ACC.
The original ABS part was weird as I only found it on eBay, which was 68535468AB, so I wanted to try and test the ACC without replacing the ABS and HCU, which was unsuccessful.
I installed the ACC button and did the Alfaobd programming, but I had error messages, and both ACC and normal cruise didn't work.

So I ordered the following parts
68436462AL Anti-Lock Brake System Module
68415320AA Anti-Lock Brake System Hydraulic Control Unit

Did the installation first; the car did not start until I did the Static ECU Initialization,
I believe it needed time to learn the new HCU and read the VIN number as it was reading ?????? in the beginning. After that, the ABS and all safety systems were flashing, and I did the Alfaobd bleeding with no success. I drove the car for a few miles the brake was still soft. I applied full long brakes." while parking," the brake was back to normal, but still, ABS was flashing with some error codes.

I later did the following under the ABS setting as instructed in PDF
-Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration (DID not work with me it actually failed)
-Clear codes and cycle ignition
-Inlet Valve Calibration
-Pilot Valve Calibration
-Sensor Cluster Calibration
-Brake Pedal Calibration

After that, I cycled ignition/clear codes in ABS, and the warring for ABS is off, but it still EPSis giving errors with a bunch of codes; one of them was ACC calibration, so I thought I had to apply the ACC setting, and I followed the PDF instructions.

ACC and cruse did not work with more errors light coming, but the good thing is the only error code I got is C2212; after applying the following, everything is working as it should

ABS>DT 2019+> ECS In Plant Mode> Disable
ABS>DT 2019+ > EPB In Plant Mode> Disable
ABS > DT 2019> Service Procedures > Assembly Check

I am really thankful, and I apricate the effort of this thread.

Comma AI is ordered now can't wait to have it.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey @tdb0021 this happened with me during my install I wonder if this is something on the newer trucks that people will have to do as part of the procedure? @Jimmy07 do you know if this is a user issue when installing/using Alfa or something maybe with the newer model Ram trucks?

Specifically the in plant mode settings for EPB & ESC in Alfa being enabled after install of the new ABS & HCU.

Well not sure how but it got put into Plant Mode so I had to Disable both ESC & EPB In Plant Mode to be able to clear the last code for me ACC is now working like a champ thank y’all for everything I appreciate all y’all have done! Comma here I come!

Hello from Qatar

Just want to confirm the new successful installation and share with you the procedure and challenges I went throw.

I have a 2022 Ram Rebel with DASM installed from the factory and FWC+, but no ACC.
The original ABS part was weird as I only found it on eBay, which was 68535468AB, so I wanted to try and test the ACC without replacing the ABS and HCU, which was unsuccessful.
I installed the ACC button and did the Alfaobd programming, but I had error messages, and both ACC and normal cruise didn't work.

Did the installation first; the car did not start until I did the Static ECU Initialization,
I believe it needed time to learn the new HCU and read the VIN number as it was reading ?????? in the beginning. After that, the ABS and all safety systems were flashing, and I did the Alfaobd bleeding with no success. I drove the car for a few miles the brake was still soft. I applied full long brakes." while parking," the brake was back to normal, but still, ABS was flashing with some error codes.

-Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration (DID not work with me it actually failed)
-Inlet Valve Calibration
-Pilot Valve Calibration
-Brake Pedal Calibration

After that, I cycled ignition/clear codes in ABS, and the warring for ABS is off, but it still EPSis giving errors with a bunch of codes; one of them was ACC calibration, so I thought I had to apply the ACC setting, and I followed the PDF instructions.

ACC and cruse did not work with more errors light coming, but the good thing is the only error code I got is C2212; after applying the following, everything is working as it should

ch53e mech

US Marine. Very grateful to everyone for the help!
Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 bighorn with FCW+, lane keep, Pedestrian Emergency Braking,etc, but no ACC which i am trying to add. I dont want to start the add without having a backup. I have tried everything I can think of to get alfaobd to save a backup of my bcm and it will not work. I click on "view faults and status log" and nothing happens. I have tried "backup configuration to file" hit start and nothing happens. I have clicked on the battery symbol first and tried "system id" and "system status" before clicking on tools, then hit upload to Google drive and still nothing. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong.

Rebelqatar

Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 bighorn with FCW+, lane keep, Pedestrian Emergency Braking,etc, but no ACC which i am trying to add. I dont want to start the add without having a backup. I have tried everything I can think of to get alfaobd to save a backup of my bcm and it will not work. I click on "view faults and status log" and nothing happens. I have tried "backup configuration to file" hit start and nothing happens. I have clicked on the battery symbol first and tried "system id" and "system status" before clicking on tools, then hit upload to Google drive and still nothing. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong.
Of your using Android drop an email to Alfaobd they will send you fixed version that can backup and just to be more confident use the free pc application read system id and select all and copy to text file later you can compare using notepad++ with changes you have.

ch53e mech

Reaction score
Hello from Qatar

-Inlet Valve Calibration
-Pilot Valve Calibration
-Brake Pedal Calibration

My 2022 bighorn had ECS and EBP in plant mode after installing new HCU and ABS module as well. ACC is now fully functional. I have a speedometer not matching cruise speed issue though. I have 37x12.5x20's that Sherrod did a speedometer adjustment for when truck was new and now I just have to figure out what they did.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2022 bighorn had ECS and EBP in plant mode after installing new HCU and ABS module as well. ACC is now fully functional. I have a speedometer not matching cruise speed issue though. I have 37x12.5x20's that Sherrod did a speedometer adjustment for when truck was new and now I just have to figure out what they did.
That’s interesting it has to be something with the newer trucks thanks for letting us know and glad install went well!! There are lots of good threads on Speedo recalibration with Alfa if you search and YouTube videos that explain in detail it’s a very easy process it seems.

ch53e mech

Reaction score
Hello from Qatar

-Inlet Valve Calibration
-Pilot Valve Calibration
-Brake Pedal Calibration

My 2022 bighorn had ECS and EBP in plant mode after installing new HCU and ABS module as well. ACC is now fully functional. I have a speedometer not matching cruise speed issue though. I have 37x12.5x20's that Sherrod did a speedometer adjustment for when truck was new and now I just have to figure out what they did
That’s interesting it has to be something with the newer trucks thanks for letting us know and glad install went well!! There are lots of good threads on Speedo recalibration with Alfa if you search and YouTube videos that explain in detail it’s a very easy process it seems.
So I did a bad job of explaining. Every time I try to put the correct tire circumference in for 37's it turns my front and rear park assist sensors off. Max number I have put in to have them work is 2695. I put that in for "program tire size" and "vehconfig 4: Dynamic tire circumference (all or rear) (0-65534). Electronic speedo and needle speedo are correct. I have a "hypertech in-line speedometer calibrator module" that makes them read correct. The adaptive cruise speed displayed on the dash is wrong. Says 64 when speedometer says 70.

ch53e mech

Reaction score
So I got the bcm to take 2700mm and I put that into the hypertech as 33.84 for original tire size. I put in 34.90 for new tire size. At 70mph via gps the adaptive is reading 68 and the actual speed is 71. If I could just get a few mm more into alfa I could get everything to match. Real speed would probably still be speed+1 mph but at least they would all say the same number..

ch53e mech

Reaction score
Anyone know if the "vehconfig 7: traffic sign information feature present" works when enabled in alfaobd?

Rokstarx

Reaction score
if all Trx models are equipped with all the necessary things, does anyone know if it would also apply to a 2022 Ram Rebel GT? or would i still need to change the ABS and HCU?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
if all Trx models are equipped with all the necessary things, does anyone know if it would also apply to a 2022 Ram Rebel GT? or would i still need to change the ABS and HCU?
You would need to call a parts department and give them your VIN to see what part numbers you have for those before anyone can give you an answer.

Rokstarx

Reaction score
So just got in touch with parts department, i have a 68436461AJ for my abs module and 68415317AA for my HCU.

Rokstarx

Reaction score
Then, yes, you need to replace them. Those will not work for ACC.
Do you happen to know if the ABS and HCU on the original post will work for a 2022 Ram Rebel GT? On the guide he stated that he did this on a 2019 lone star, will those modules work on a 2022?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Do you happen to know if the ABS and HCU on the original post will work for a 2022 Ram Rebel GT? On the guide he stated that he did this on a 2019 lone star, will those modules work on a 2022?
Yes, they are universal for 1500s.

Reaction score
Hey y’all , I decided to go ahead and attempt to take on this project (for adaptive cruise atleast )

I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited with FCW+ but no ACC factory . I bought the switch that was linked and initially tried to activate cruise control that way , didn’t work because it turns out I only had the module and HCU for the speed control .

Then I went ahead and swapped out the HCU and Module for Adaptive Cruise capable parts . I bled the brakes, and did the ABS Initialization in AlphaOBD. I got a majority of the codes to go away but 3 , (C220B,C2206, and U140E). ACC Valves not calibrated, vehicle configuration mismatch , and implausible vehicle configuration data received .

Has anyone else had this issue and would be willing to provide some guidance .

Edit: for clarification purposes the parts I ordered for the abs are 68436462AL and 68415320AA

vincentw56

Reaction score
Hey y’all , I decided to go ahead and attempt to take on this project (for adaptive cruise atleast )

I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited with FCW+ but no ACC factory . I bought the switch that was linked and initially tried to activate cruise control that way , didn’t work because it turns out I only had the module and HCU for the speed control .

Then I went ahead and swapped out the HCU and Module for Adaptive Cruise capable parts . I bled the brakes, and did the ABS Initialization in AlphaOBD. I got a majority of the codes to go away but 3 , (C220B,C2206, and U140E). ACC Valves not calibrated, vehicle configuration mismatch , and implausible vehicle configuration data received .

Has anyone else had this issue and would be willing to provide some guidance .

Edit: for clarification purposes the parts I ordered for the abs are 68436462AL and 68415320AA
New parts? Might need to try it again.

Users who are viewing this thread