5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

Tree

Reaction score
Had a loud clunking from the rear, when I took it to the dealer the found the rear sway bar was loose. Other than the usual AC being a little lacking I haven't had any issues. Air suspension held up great in the -35 degree C stretches this past winter.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had a loud clunking from the rear, when I took it to the dealer the found the rear sway bar was loose. Other than the usual AC being a little lacking I haven't had any issues. Air suspension held up great in the -35 degree C stretches this past winter.
Where are you...Fairbanks?

rgrizz

Reaction score
I accidentally hit submi after clicking on no problems. The only issue I've had so far is the Homelink buttons. I can't get them to program to save my life. Homelink has been no help so I'm probably SOL. So far so good with the rest of the truck.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I accidentally hit submi after clicking on no problems. The only issue I've had so far is the Homelink buttons. I can't get them to program to save my life. Homelink has been no help so I'm probably SOL. So far so good with the rest of the truck.
I got mine to work, but it was very convoluted. It's not an issue with Homelink so much as the garage opener that came with my home. I'll link the video that worked for me when I'm off work.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The only issue I've had is the misaligned rambox lids. Initially I selected the happy camper option, but then I remembered about the lids. I'm actually a little surprised to see that barely half of the people who've responded haven't had any problems. I expected that to be higher.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only issue I've had is the misaligned rambox lids. Initially I selected the happy camper option, but then I remembered about the lids. I'm actually a little surprised to see that barely half of the people who've responded haven't had any problems. I expected that to be higher.

This is a RAM enthusiasts forum where owners may be hyper focused on things that aren't really a big deal. I own a Z06 and there's a similar attitude on corvette forums, people on forums nit pick and are not really the best source for a quality/satisfaction survey whereas the general owner doesn't see or is bothered by these issues.
There's a reason these trucks have won the awards they have including a JD Power award last month. I'm not saying that some people's problems aren't real or a big deal, but that when you poll an enthusiasts forum vs the general populous, you're going to receive a skewed result.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
My Ram 1500 now has 7800 miles, and I have lots of Uconnect bugs. I'm hoping like a fool that FCA will fix this issues. When the truck is in my driveway in the sun it has the windows open an inch and the windshield covered with a reflective cover. The Houston heat affects on occasion the Uconnect, screen may be blue, black , my cameras will not function, radio plays at the same time as CD, MP3 or XM. I (STILL) have this same issue with my 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit with 60K miles. (I have Maxcare life) I know when the cars cool down all is good. This should have been fixed years ago. I'm doubtful this will get addressed with the Ram. Perhaps the new Uconnect version in the 2021 will have this resolved. Re-Flashing is the Dealers only fix, however it had not solved the issue.

spiG

Reaction score
Truck is brand new and only about 550 miles but so far so good!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Over 10k miles now and really my only major complaint has been the brakes. I have had almost every creak, chirp, and noise in the books created by these brakes. Finally got a full replacement of front and rear calipers/pads due to all the issues. Hoping it solves most of the issues I have had with them!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Ram 1500 now has 7800 miles, and I have lots of Uconnect bugs. I'm hoping like a fool that FCA will fix this issues. When the truck is in my driveway in the sun it has the windows open an inch and the windshield covered with a reflective cover. The Houston heat affects on occasion the Uconnect, screen may be blue, black , my cameras will not function, radio plays at the same time as CD, MP3 or XM. I (STILL) have this same issue with my 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit with 60K miles. (I have Maxcare life) I know when the cars cool down all is good. This should have been fixed years ago. I'm doubtful this will get addressed with the Ram. Perhaps the new Uconnect version in the 2021 will have this resolved. Re-Flashing is the Dealers only fix, however it had not solved the issue.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please DM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
RamCares

e55amg2

Reaction score
my HVAC still suffers from taking too long to get cold/fogs the windshield (I don't believe there is a fix for the blend door issue that causes this yet). I had Uconnect freeze on me once, which necessitated disconnecting the battery. It took a few hours for the truck to remember it was a loaded limited, but it's been good otherwise.

Waitforit0045

Reaction score
I have 44k miles on my 2019 Laramie. Everything has been great with a couple exceptions.

1. When starting the truck and pressing the brake down, there is terrible clunks and grinding. I have found a solution but if I don't start it, it will happen to other drivers. Been to 2 dealers and no one knows what's up.

2. Electronic gremlins. Backup camera goes blue and radio freezes for a few seconds on and off. This has only happened once and then stopped.

Other than this, I love the truck. Would buy again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Monsey

Reaction score
This is a poll of current 2019 New Ram owners only, intended to collect data on the good and bad of this new model year truck. Doubtless there will be issues, but hopefully this poll will help us sort out the “one-off” isolated problems from the common problems that will affect us all.

Please respond by checking off each system which did not function as designed, and/or required service. If all systems are go please only select “No Problems/Happy Camper.”
- Please consider all systems.
- If a system breaks down after you take the poll, I will set it up so you can edit your responses.
- Post specifics regarding any item you selected to explain your specific malfunction.

This poll will only be as valuable as the accuracy of the responses... Good news and bad news stories, as long as they are accurate and truthful, are equally welcome. Hopefully it will help us all either be confident in our new, wonderful machines, or help us identify and resolve problems. Or both.

- YoAdrian
Just lost #3 and #5 cylinders in my 2019 Big Horn 2 days ago. 2-3 weeks they are telling me to get it fixed. Truck has 20k on it. Pretty disappointed. Just came out of a 2016 Sierra for transmission issues. Does anyone make a decent truck anymore??

fredturner1313

Reaction score
I have a 2019 dodge ram1500 tradesmen. Took it in for manifold gasket and when I got down the road check engine light came on. popped the hood checked the coolant reservoir and nothing in it but oil. Its at the dealership but don't understand this.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I would like to know if there is any one that has any of these problems

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread