5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

RAM8004

Reaction score

I just talked to the dealer. Supposedly there was recall on the step for the multi function tailgate and it did not get installed upon delivery. They were planning on calling me in to get it installed when it ships to the dealer. on the multi function tailgate, the step is actually situated between the 60 portion of the 60/40 tailgate. Not at the side.

1590075369660.png

BillyCrash

Reaction score
Found another issue. My sticker clearly says I have the bed utility package which includes the following

1. Deployable bed step.
  2. 4-adjustable cargo tie downs.
  3. Pick box lighting.
  4. Spray in bed liner.

Where the hell is the deployable bed step? I can't find it anywhere. Did they forget to install it? Well I gave the dealer a call. We will see.
Was your's equiped with one? I had to ad an OEM myself. Here's some pics.

20200410_082334.jpg 20200409_195400.jpg 20200409_195351.jpg

Memphsi87

Reaction score
Found another issue. My sticker clearly says I have the bed utility package which includes the following

1. Deployable bed step.
  2. 4-adjustable cargo tie downs.
  3. Pick box lighting.
  4. Spray in bed liner.

Where the hell is the deployable bed step? I can't find it anywhere. Did they forget to install it? Well I gave the dealer a call. We will see.
Yea same thing on mine , but had the mft as well. Which from what I heard that stopped offering. Dealership ordered the side one for me for free

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a poll of current 2019 New Ram owners only, intended to collect data on the good and bad of this new model year truck. Doubtless there will be issues, but hopefully this poll will help us sort out the “one-off” isolated problems from the common problems that will affect us all.

Please respond by checking off each system which did not function as designed, and/or required service. If all systems are go please only select “No Problems/Happy Camper.”
- Please consider all systems.
- If a system breaks down after you take the poll, I will set it up so you can edit your responses.
- Post specifics regarding any item you selected to explain your specific malfunction.

This poll will only be as valuable as the accuracy of the responses... Good news and bad news stories, as long as they are accurate and truthful, are equally welcome. Hopefully it will help us all either be confident in our new, wonderful machines, or help us identify and resolve problems. Or both.

- YoAdrian
TPMS?

Deezl

Reaction score
Anybody have a little hiccup upon cold start when using premium unleaded? Happens to me every morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DeDax

Reaction score
I had the front brake pads replaced under warranty due to the horrible screeching described thoroughly on the forum. My local dealer was great and replaced them on my first visit/complaint. The only other issue I've noticed is the random smell of coolant. Truck performs fine, and I check coolant regularly, but that random coolant smell certainly irks me.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the front brake pads replaced under warranty due to the horrible screeching described thoroughly on the forum. My local dealer was great and replaced them on my first visit/complaint. The only other issue I've noticed is the random smell of coolant. Truck performs fine, and I check coolant regularly, but that random coolant smell certainly irks me.

Glad to hear your dealer took care of you, @DeDax! If you ever need to work with them again down the road, we are always a private message away to provide further support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

RAM8004

Reaction score
Just an update on the split tailgate issue.

I complained again to dealer. Apparently the dealer only replaced the top latches. So they went ahead and replaced the bottom latches as well and also got news that there is now a TSB to adjust the sensor on the door.

Well, it's not perfect but it's much better than what it was. still have to close it harder than the regular tailgate but at least i don't have to slam it. hopefully they'll offer an even better adjustment in the future.

orange01z28

Reaction score
I haven't gotten anything repaired yet, but I get a musty smell from the AC and my uConnect 5 inch will restart when I have an external device connected via USB. No problems when the same external device is connected via Bluetooth

owengusa

Reaction score
Bought it used with 27,000 miles on it, a week ago. Glad I have some of the factory warranty left because the rear window is leaking. Have an appointment set-up with a service center for this Friday. It's my first FCA vehicle and otherwise love it!

3ics

Reaction score
I am 1.5 months short of two years of my lease and have approximately 31,000 miles on it. Reading through this forum, I'm amused to see some of the same concerns - "slap" sound on start and wind noise through the door at highway speeds. My only other issue is alignment. I think I have done it three times, twice by the dealer and once by an independent shop - this is strange to me since it just seems like a high frequency to get them done.

Otherwise - I love the truck and debating on buying it out at the end of the lease or just going for a new one with more features. For me, it works all around between driving around town, on the highway for trips and throwing stuff in the bed to help friends move or Home Depot stuff.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
No issues, just had the (3) recalls done, all fine, "except" for the lousy AC, but that is a known thang on FCA, LOL... IMHO..

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my power sunroof and blind has stopped working.its a 2019 with 9k miles.not sure what happen or if its "Covered under warrenty".

thrillracing

Reaction score
my power sunroof and blind has stopped working.its a 2019 with 9k miles.not sure what happen or if its "Covered under warrenty".

Of course it’s covered under warranty, take it in! I personally would check the fuse first but even if that is blown it shouldn’t blow and needs to be looked at at the dealership.

Hydro-Blue Laramie Lvl 2, Sport, Off-Road Group, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Pano, 3.92, E-Torque, Air-Suspension, Power Boards

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...go out to my truck today and had my first check engine light, with 6600 miles on the clock... awesome. :cautious:

Code: P1DF3 (online lookup) ECU not initialized(?) / Faulty ESM / TCM

Shut the truck off to read the code, read the code (did not clear the code), and had to goto work.. no spare vehicle today as my son's truck is down.. so I started the truck again. Cautiously drove it around the block... no odd behavior or noises and the CEL went off maybe a minute into the drive. Drove the 40 miles to work fine..

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of course it’s covered under warranty, take it in! I personally would check the fuse first but even if that is blown it shouldn’t blow and needs to be looked at at the dealership.

Hydro-Blue Laramie Lvl 2, Sport, Off-Road Group, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Pano, 3.92, E-Torque, Air-Suspension, Power Boards
hey i just made and appointment.its next week.i thought about the fuse.but the sliding rear window still works.

upwindstorm

Reaction score
Anybody have a little hiccup upon cold start when using premium unleaded? Happens to me every morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
i did notice it chugged a little the morning after i put premium in at after i got done pulling my camper. went to the station and put regular in it the same day and haven't noticed it again since.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checkin in, ~22,000 miles, no issues I can think of.
There might have been an early recall or something, but I cannot remember it.

I love this tuck and I'm super thankful for you guys and this board, steering me right

formula233

Reaction score
I just took this pole... 2019 1500 Rebel etorque built mid 2018. Took delivery on March 29 with 45 miles on truck.
1, Battery charging issue, replaced 48v battery, complete wiring harness from 48v battery to generator and replaced the generator.
2, Rear window frame had crack or cracks allowing water into 48v battery why #1 was replaced.
3, Instrument cluster display goes blank when truck gets hot. So I only have speedometer, tech, fuel and temp gauge???? Still ongoing problem. Working with dealer on this.

Users who are viewing this thread