5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

Jdtoney13

Reaction score
I have had my truck for 5 months and my steering wheel keeps shocking me and I have been to the dealership like 10-12 times and the fact they still havent fixed the problem they keep making me drive my truck and shocking me and the fact that I keep telling them it hurts and I told them I had open heart surgery and I keep being told that I have to drive my truck and keep getting shocked. This is a $50k truck and this isn't the only problem i have had and i told them every time i go up there that they need to give me a new truck that i bought a new truck so that i would have problems. I am at the point to where I have given them long enough time to fix this and ready to take further action and a friend told me about this site so I figured I would say a few word here to see what happens. I'm just so tired of this...

whetrick1

Reaction score
I have had my truck for 5 months and my steering wheel keeps shocking me and I have been to the dealership like 10-12 times and the fact they still havent fixed the problem they keep making me drive my truck and shocking me and the fact that I keep telling them it hurts and I told them I had open heart surgery and I keep being told that I have to drive my truck and keep getting shocked. This is a $50k truck and this isn't the only problem i have had and i told them every time i go up there that they need to give me a new truck that i bought a new truck so that i would have problems. I am at the point to where I have given them long enough time to fix this and ready to take further action and a friend told me about this site so I figured I would say a few word here to see what happens. I'm just so tired of this...

Use the lemon law on them.

Jdtoney13

Reaction score
Use the lemon law on them.
I was thinking about getting a lawyer, getting a huge billboard, and going to the local media. I wonder how fast they would get me a new truck if me getting shocked actually caused a bad accident. My doctor already told me that since I have already had several he as it attacks and had open heart surgery, quadruple bypass that I'm more prone to having a heart attack alot easier now especially getting shocked.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi @Jdtoney13,

I am very sorry to hear of the trouble and frustration that has been associated with your ownership experience. Would you mind following up with me via private message to provide additional details so that I can look into this further for you?

Mark
RamCares

J92JRamsport

Reaction score
No major problems with my truck (25,000km) Just the rear brake noise. (Waiting on TSB parts)

Only slight flaw is the paint is peeling on the passenger door handle cap. I'll get it warrantied in the nicer weather. (Part is only like $10)

gseroka1

Reaction score
Insane. Sorry to hear bout this. I know how frustrating it can be.

Good luck,
Neurobit
There's supposed to be a drip rail channel between the two pieces of panaoramic glass based off the photos it might be missing or someone forgot to install it on the new panaroamic roof

Jdtoney13

Reaction score
Does anyone have a lawyer they have used already and was successful. I'll find my own if I need to, it's a shame that Ram could care less in fixing my situation so I'm going to let the legal work its magic and get a big billboard to tell all about it. I found a couple ppl to split the cost with me. I tell you what after they made me drive my truck all this time and keep getting shocked all day while driving, you know none of the employees working for ram wouldn't put up with this crap but I let them screw me around for 6 months now and I now have had enough

th365thli

Reaction score
Ugh....shouldn't have read this thread....was gonna buy a certified pre owned Ram but this is giving me paranoia.

srsbighorn95

Reaction score
They’re not all lemons, there is plenty of good ones out there too. My bighorn with level 2, is at 15k and no issues. I love mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdtoney13

Reaction score
They’re not all lemons, there is plenty of good ones out there too. My bighorn with level 2, is at 15k and no issues. I love mine!!

Bro I have owned 4 dodge rams and never had an issue ever I'm from texas and after I retired from the army I started my second career and moved out to Arizona got a job offer from Intel so when I got out here it was time to buy me a new truck I went to Rodeo Dodge in san tan valley and the salesman and the finance guy did awesome with coming down on the price but after that about 2 days after driving it off the lot the steering wheel shocking me literally all the time while I'm driving it and I have given the dealership at least 25 chances to fix it and the only thing they actually did to try to fix it was replace the controls in the steering wheel. So I figured after 6 or 7 months of me begging them to either do the buy back program or trade me trucks they keep saying no not going to happen you bought this one so you have to keep this one. Also i have told them many times i have a heart condition and they say that i still have to drive the truck until they figure out what is causing the shocking so i asked them why do i have to drive a 52k dollar truck while it is shocking me now my doctor told me that I need to go ahead and get a lawyer and he will talk to him and let him know since I have already had 3 heart attacks and I had open heart surgery quadruple bypass that I do not need to be getting shocked like this it is very dangerous. Long story wrapped up sorry. Just wanted you to know that I didnt just talk crap on dodge I actually have given them way more time then I even should of in my opinion. Now ram cares I called on Friday morning and they said that it was given up to tier 2 and they promised that I would be taken care of with in 24 hours well here it is saturday night and no phone calls...

srsbighorn95

Reaction score
Bro I have owned 4 dodge rams and never had an issue ever I'm from texas and after I retired from the army I started my second career and moved out to Arizona got a job offer from Intel so when I got out here it was time to buy me a new truck I went to Rodeo Dodge in san tan valley and the salesman and the finance guy did awesome with coming down on the price but after that about 2 days after driving it off the lot the steering wheel shocking me literally all the time while I'm driving it and I have given the dealership at least 25 chances to fix it and the only thing they actually did to try to fix it was replace the controls in the steering wheel. So I figured after 6 or 7 months of me begging them to either do the buy back program or trade me trucks they keep saying no not going to happen you bought this one so you have to keep this one. Also i have told them many times i have a heart condition and they say that i still have to drive the truck until they figure out what is causing the shocking so i asked them why do i have to drive a 52k dollar truck while it is shocking me now my doctor told me that I need to go ahead and get a lawyer and he will talk to him and let him know since I have already had 3 heart attacks and I had open heart surgery quadruple bypass that I do not need to be getting shocked like this it is very dangerous. Long story wrapped up sorry. Just wanted you to know that I didnt just talk crap on dodge I actually have given them way more time then I even should of in my opinion. Now ram cares I called on Friday morning and they said that it was given up to tier 2 and they promised that I would be taken care of with in 24 hours well here it is saturday night and no phone calls...

Yea, they need to make it right for you, the only thing I could think of that would make the wheel shock, would be some kind of a short in the heating element. I wouldn’t think it would be that hard to put a different wheel on it.

whetrick1

Reaction score

Get you a lawyer and file a lemon law suit. I bet they'll be more than happy to help you then.

Hawk296

Reaction score
Within 4 days and under 200 miles my wife’s truck had an upper radiator hose failure and it spit enough Coolant out to drain the reservoir. Luckily I was driving And monitored temps, and got a tow With the roadside assistanc.

Dealership claimed the hose was routed incorrectly from the factory and the A/C compressor was rubbing against it. So far so good since. I’m really hoping that’s the only issue we have for a long while.

Konrad

Reaction score
No problems at all. 22k miles, 14k of which as a rental (bought from Enterprise). I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
RamCares has been useless. Everything is designed to aid Ram, and not their customers. All I get is return trips to the dealer, and each time I get my truck back, it's dirtier than when I dropped it off. So sick of my Ram truck. Working on getting estimates for billboard space in Phoenix, on the main freeway through the City, stating to not buy the new Ram - Build quality is terrible. I think a few hundred thousand folks a day will see the billboard. Word will get around.

[mention]LeatherDog [/mention] couldn’t agree more. My 2019 Ram Laramie sport has had an issue with the steering wheel sticking during left hand turns since about 2,500 miles. Only happens at highway speeds after the truck gets warm. Literally back and fourth to the dealership trying to get it fixed. Finally, get RamCare involved. Went thru about 5 different reps and truck back at the dealership for 5 weeks. Dealership tech duplicated the issue and stated, “it scared the sh$t out of him having the steering wheel not return to center and having to break it out of a turn.” Finally, they tell me the rack is faulty and needs to be replaced. I had proved threads of many complaints and solutions to this issue, but no one cared. Now the dealership is on board to fix it due to the safety concern of having the truck on the road. The day it was scheduled to be installed, RamCare calls me to tell me they had me on a conference call with the GM of the dealership. And that they would not be doing the repair due to my truck having a leveling kit on it. And that I need to pick it up immediately. As the shock wore off and I’m like what in the world are we talking about. They told me that it would need to be returned to factory standards and then brought back. And they would try to duplicate it again. Even the dealership was like wtf. Some under-educated engineer made the claim that a leveling kit could have caused the internal damage to the rack???? I had to laugh on the call a bit cause i thought it was a joke at this point. Then realized only the product and company/customer service is the joke. They don’t stand behind there product and don’t want to do a mass recall on early manufactured 2019s. And the friendly RamCare people changed attitude real quick and told me they had no supervisor when I asked to escalate this decision by the engineer. And was basically told go get your truck, good luck, and we are closing your case. Even at the dealership they could believe this company would put a vehicle on the road after the tech noted the problem. Funny when you pull the record it is only noted that my truck was serviced for an alignment on the visit. To top it all off, the first record of my complaining about the steering issue was noted on my very first service after I bought the truck. And the leveling kit hadn’t been installed yet. And I was told I was good to get the kit because the problem is already noted. Yet I still have a $60k truck that can hold a left hand curve at 70mph all by itself. I just don’t remember picking that add on. So as a 15 year loyal Ram/Jeep customer this will be the last one I Buy. Think I’ll switch to Ford, at least they back their product and fix it to get it to the advertised standard it was sold under.

Cjccj4

Reaction score
My truck is back in the shop again. I am at 63 days total of my truck being in the shop. I bought it in July of 2019 and it has 12,000 miles on it. This trip to the shop was for and airbag problem, rear brake noise problem and another attempt to fix my leaking rear window. They just replaced the whole rear window a few weeks ago but it still leaks. Not sure where they are at as far as the rear window but they are waiting on parts to fix the rear brake problem. They are on back order and have no idea when they will be in. I am just hoping to hear something soon about a buy back. Shop days are getting a little out of hand.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is back in the shop again. I am at 63 days total of my truck being in the shop. I bought it in July of 2019 and it has 12,000 miles on it. This trip to the shop was for and airbag problem, rear brake noise problem and another attempt to fix my leaking rear window. They just replaced the whole rear window a few weeks ago but it still leaks. Not sure where they are at as far as the rear window but they are waiting on parts to fix the rear brake problem. They are on back order and have no idea when they will be in. I am just hoping to hear something soon about a buy back. Shop days are getting a little out of hand.
What type of air bag problem? Can you be more specific? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread