5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

LGBarnett

Reaction score
My easy entry seats do not consistently go back upon turning off truck. In fact they have seldom gone back. If they do work, they do always return to preset position upon start up. I have checked, and rechecked setting and it is always on.

boofizzle

Reaction score
Ive had mine for about six months, around 15k miles on it. Mechanically no issues whatsoever. The electronics, a few issues here and there that seem to go away (same issues that most others here have described). Last summer the AC was pretty disappointing but manageable.

My ram boxes are off a little bit like others have described here, but not so obvious that it's a concern.

Overall still very happy with the purchase, I purposely bought the extended and complete warranty because it's a new model year, so I bought it expecting some problems would spring up. So far everything has been within my personal limits of acceptance. My limited is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned.

nilsfisher24

Reaction score
4200 miles on my bighorn north edition, L2 equipment group and 3.92 gears, no issues at all but one. I get the wind noise when I have the recirculate on. Otherwise, great truck and I can’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabara572

Reaction score
15k miles, seems my sway bar end links have gone out and are clunking over bumps. Minor rough idle but other than that no issues to report, working just fine.

JustMe

Reaction score
Ah gotcha. As I mentioned, I can't add more check boxes (website feature limitation) so had to select only the major systems of the truck for simplicity. I have now included a comment under "Body" to reflect problems with leaks in the cab, hopefully that makes sense and will work.
Here's a thought . . . you could create a second or even 3rd concurrently running threads by breaking down your current list into smaller ones - each smaller one reflecting more in-depth "concerns" ? I'd oblige but I'm "lazy" - not really but after all it IS your "Baby" & wouldn't want to infringe on your enthusiasm . (y)

saturn298

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Bighorn sport with LED package. 1 month and 1200 miles of ownership noticed a few paint issues on front end. Yet to get it resolved by dealer and fca. Suspension a little clunky sounding. Dealer checked nothing was loose.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a thought . . . you could create a second or even 3rd concurrently running threads by breaking down your current list into smaller ones - each smaller one reflecting more in-depth "concerns" ? I'd oblige but I'm "lazy" - not really but after all it IS your "Baby" & wouldn't want to infringe on your enthusiasm . (y)
Feel free to expand and improve on this thread and forum for the community, I just sat down one day and thought "I think we need something like this" same as you, then made this thing up. It's not my baby it's our baby! (y)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine's been running great for the last few months. Other than the USB hub not working sometimes, truck's pretty solid otherwise.

jabara572

Reaction score
15k miles, seems my sway bar end links have gone out and are clunking over bumps. Minor rough idle but other than that no issues to report, working just fine.

15K swaybar links replaced under warrenty. 3 weeks later have additional suspension issues, large POP/Bang when in fast turns or dropping off large bumps like parking lot ramps.

Kaz Man

Reaction score
Both the same. Snug to the cab. Build date, or luck? :unsure:

Luck.... i noticed this on my May '19 build Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab w/ the panoramic sunroof. My grommet had popped out, but i was able to seat it back in. Now my floor is all wet.... haven't checked to see if it came back out or not... not happy regardless.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive got one on order, but WOW, if 50% of owners have had an issue with their 1500 DT, that's a horrible, scary statistic! (ok maybe a bit dramatic...) FCA had better be ALL OVER the QA problem, because that would end a non-truck vehicle's rep. Even a newly introduced model should do better. Can't imagine what the Consumer Reports stats will look like, and what that'll do to resale. If RAM wants to stay number 2 in LTs, and not be just a flash-in-the-pan, this will have to change.

I'd say be tough with your dealer - the more they have to deal with, the more the factory hears about it.

Still looking forward to getting mine, but seriously...

LeatherDog

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 has turned out to be a routine trip to the dealer for repairs. Not including any RECALL work, here are some of the issues I've had, and am having...

1. Passenger Side-view mirror replaced for bad motor.
2. Front brakes replaced for bad pads.
3. Passenger front seat frame replaced for broken internal linkage.
4. 8.4 inch screen delaminated, and is to be replaced.

And, best of all... Wait for it... 5. Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof failed open, and needs to be replaced per the dealer. So, front windshield, and headliner all have to come off to replace it!

This is my "FIFTH" Ram truck, and this 2019 has been the worst one I've ever owned. I'm regretting my purchase. Wish I could off-load it. Should have never gotten rid of my 2017 Ram Box, as I never had a problem with any of my RAM's until this one.

Last edited:

JustMe

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 has turned out to be a routine trip to the dealer for repairs. Not including any RECALL work, here are some of the issues I've had, and am having...

1. Passenger Side-view mirror replaced for bad motor.
2. Front brakes replaced for bad pads.
3. Passenger front seat frame replaced for broken internal linkage.
4. 8.4 inch screen delaminated, and is to be replaced.

And, best of all... Wait for it... 5. Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof failed open, and needs to be replaced per the dealer. So, front windshield, and headliner all have to come off to replace it!

This is my "FIFTH" Ram truck, and this 2019 has been the worst one I've ever owned. I'm regretting my purchase. Wish I could off-load it. Should have never gotten rid of my 2017 Ram Box, as I never had a problem with any of my RAM's until this one.
. . . I find this very very troubling . . . especially 1 & 4 . . . #2, will need to consider how it's driven and the milage. #3 is one that could be caused by extreme use . . . but, I'll leave that one alone . IF all these things Came out of the Factory this way . . . I'll say again, this would be very very troubling. Can you tell us more of the details please ? Thanks.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
. . . I find this very very troubling . . . especially 1 & 4 . . . #2, will need to consider how it's driven and the milage. #3 is one that could be caused by extreme use . . . but, I'll leave that one alone . IF all these things Came out of the Factory this way . . . I'll say again, this would be very very troubling. Can you tell us more of the details please ? Thanks.

I'm very troubled myself...

Passenger mirror stopped locking in placed when folded in or out (Power folding), and it would just flop back and forth in the wind.

Passenger seat frame was bad from the start, but it took me a little while to figure it out, as I had thought I dropped something under the seat, and was rattling around. I rarely have passengers in the truck, but it would act up when my wife was sitting in it - thought it might be the spouse ejection system.

The stereo touch-screen was a surprise... I don't use any special cleaners on it, just a microfibre cloth with water or window cleaner.

The Panoramic Sunroof, I only opened it about 3-4 times over a year, and it started stuttering, and clicking, then stopped. I was able to get it closed by pulling on it. Dealer told me to not open it again until it's replaced.

For the record... I take immaculate care of my truck, and drive it very conservatively. There is not a single scratch or scuff anywhere on the outside or inside of the truck. I'm OCD. I just hit 20K miles. I have never been this unhappy with a RAM before.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a paint defect on the driver's side door. Fixed by the dealer about a week after delivery. Only have had the truck about a month, 1k miles.

Might have to add rear window water leak, as it rained it's *** off last weekend and I noticed some water drops on the inside of the back window the day after.. though it rained again last night and I did not notice any this morning.. so who knows.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had a paint defect on the driver's side door. Fixed by the dealer about a week after delivery. Only have had the truck about a month, 1k miles.

Might have to add rear window water leak, as it rained it's *** off last weekend and I noticed some water drops on the inside of the back window the day after.. though it rained again last night and I did not notice any this morning.. so who knows.

Hello JF19Longhorn,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent water leak. If your concern persists and you decide to get your concern addressed by your dealer, please let us know via private message as we would like to have this documented.
Laura
RamCares

1JK

Reaction score
have a 2020 LTD ED. 1900 miles and I'm very pleased with everything so far. If I find an issue It will just go back to the dealer. If you really want to experiance what frustration is with a new toy buy a new boat!

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
have a 2020 LTD ED. 1900 miles and I'm very pleased with everything so far. If I find an issue It will just go back to the dealer. If you really want to experiance what frustration is with a new toy buy a new boat!
boat...truth be told!! this will be my first season soon with my 95’ 370 sea ray stellar condition but....lol...we shall see

Reactions: 1JK

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online