5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

LeatherDog

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 has turned out to be a routine trip to the dealer for repairs. Not including any RECALL work, here are some of the issues I've had, and am having...

1. Passenger Side-view mirror replaced for bad motor.
2. Front brakes replaced for bad pads.
3. Passenger front seat frame replaced for broken internal linkage.
4. 8.4 inch screen delaminated, and is to be replaced.

And, best of all... Wait for it... 5. Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof failed open, and needs to be replaced per the dealer. So, front windshield, and headliner all have to come off to replace it!

This is my "FIFTH" Ram truck, and this 2019 has been the worst one I've ever owned. I'm regretting my purchase. Wish I could off-load it. Should have never gotten rid of my 2017 Ram Box, as I never had a problem with any of my RAM's until this one.

Update: The dealer had my truck for six days, and replaced the panoramic sunroof. Works well, but then when I went to the car wash (They never cleaned the truck) IT LEAKED! So, now I have a water leak coming from the panoramic sunroof.

Finally had enough, and I contacted RAM Customer Care to file a complaint on the truck, and the poor build quality. I have many more productive things I can do with my time than continue to make trips to the dealer for repairs. I have to return to the dealer next week to have the stereo replaced, and have them look at the sunroof again. It just never stops with this truck. I should have never bought the new 2019 5th Gen for another few years. I am very unhappy.

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 has turned out to be a routine trip to the dealer for repairs. Not including any RECALL work, here are some of the issues I've had, and am having...

And, best of all... Wait for it... 5. Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof failed open, and needs to be replaced per the dealer. So, front windshield, and headliner all have to come off to replace it!

This is my "FIFTH" Ram truck, and this 2019 has been the worst one I've ever owned. I'm regretting my purchase. Wish I could off-load it. Should have never gotten rid of my 2017 Ram Box, as I never had a problem with any of my RAM's until this one.

Update: The dealer had my truck for six days, and replaced the panoramic sunroof. Works well, but then when I went to the car wash (They never cleaned the truck) IT LEAKED! So, now I have a water leak coming from the panoramic sunroof.

Finally had enough, and I contacted RAM Customer Care to file a complaint on the truck, and the poor build quality. I have many more productive things I can do with my time than continue to make trips to the dealer for repairs. I have to return to the dealer next week to have the stereo replaced, and have them look at the sunroof again. It just never stops with this truck. I should have never bought the new 2019 5th Gen for another few years. I am very unhappy.
wow...so sorry to hear this.....I hope ram care steps up and into this debacle for your sake...good luck

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

We regret to hear of these ongoing concerns, LeatherDog. Please let us know how your appointment goes and if you need an additional layer of assistance, please reach out.

Kate
RamCares

LeatherDog

Reaction score
We regret to hear of these ongoing concerns, LeatherDog. Please let us know how your appointment goes and if you need an additional layer of assistance, please reach out.

Kate
RamCares
RamCares,

I’ll be straight with you... I’m not happy with my truck. Ram Customer Care has shown a lack of comprehensive customer care. They can’t get details correct, and don’t listen well. Basically, I’m being talked to and told what to do instead of anyone listening. I regret my purchase, and I still have to bring the truck back to the dealership again to have the new sunroof leak investigated.

I think I’m going to rent some billboard space on the busiest freeway in Phoenix that say... “Thinking about buying a new truck? Don’t buy the new RAM... Their build quality sucks.”

I have a $52K lemon. And, I realize any truck can have an issue, but my list, and inconvenience is ridiculous. Also, RAM Customer Service asked me to call them to let them know when my next appointment is... Really? Is there anything else I can do for RAM?

My last RAM purchase for sure... Total disappointment.

RamCares

Reaction score
RamCares,

I’ll be straight with you... I’m not happy with my truck. Ram Customer Care has shown a lack of comprehensive customer care. They can’t get details correct, and don’t listen well. Basically, I’m being talked to and told what to do instead of anyone listening. I regret my purchase, and I still have to bring the truck back to the dealership again to have the new sunroof leak investigated.

I think I’m going to rent some billboard space on the busiest freeway in Phoenix that say... “Thinking about buying a new truck? Don’t buy the new RAM... Their build quality sucks.”

I have a $52K lemon. And, I realize any truck can have an issue, but my list, and inconvenience is ridiculous. Also, RAM Customer Service asked me to call them to let them know when my next appointment is... Really? Is there anything else I can do for RAM?

This is definitely not the experience we want for you, LeatherDog. Our team would be happy to discuss this further with you in private message to see where we can assist. Please follow up with us there.

Kate
RamCares

JustMe

Reaction score
RamCares,

Last ime I checked - post # 434 - I commented. I look at the Forum Poll and I see ~400 of ~800 MEMBERS THAT HAVE RESPONDED . . . have "issues," many minor but some Very Troubling and these are the ones that Continue on into the 2020 MY Builds. Compounding Your (& our) Frustrations is seeing Inadequate Repairs or "questionable" repairs. It Just Adds to the pain & suffering - almost like a slap in the face. I'd be border line "insane" with Rage and probably in a hospital recovering from an extreme anxiety attack, if lucky, or a burst aneurism from very high blood pressure. These things I have experienced before which nearly killed me at the age of 48. Twenty years later I've gotten up each morning and am Thankful for another day. Surely wish you, or any other, who may be going through this sort of "unreal" scenario well being. It's Best to "try" to stay calm and if able let a lawyer handle the "heavy lifting" on your behalf. Just ONE option, not a cure.
So it appears that it may depend on WHO at Ram Cares you get to "handle" your "WHAT," may very well depend on the WHEN & HOW the case is closed ? Kind of like needing a Public Defender . . . roll the dice and hope you get a good, experienced one for your particular situation. THAT can't be good. AND, NO, despite previous popular suggestion, I'm NOT PICKING ON ANYONE IN PARTICULAR AT RAM CARES - simply pointing out what appears to be a discrepancy with service, AS IMPLIED BY MEMBERS here and on other Threads here. It's OPINION, not fact, so be it.
I'm still, unbelievably (?), but less so, interested in buying a DT sometime later this year . My worst fear . . . and my slight anxiousness . . . is "that roll of the dice" thing - will I get one with a High Build Quality or . . . ?
Or do I just keep with what's working - My, for the most part, trouble free 2016 WK2 ?. :unsure:
Again, Best Case Scenario to you and anyone else, is all I'm saying . . . & "check that blood pressure" . . . no joke.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RamCares,

Your best bet is start collecting service invoices and counting #of days in shop. Not sure which state your in and the laws vary state by state but in many states after 30 days total in shop it qualifies for lemon law.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

LeatherDog

Reaction score
This is definitely not the experience we want for you, LeatherDog. Our team would be happy to discuss this further with you in private message to see where we can assist. Please follow up with us there.

Kate
RamCares
I have sent you a private message. Thank you.

retho78

Reaction score
Runs good, just some issues with seat covers and clunk on the front passenger side. It is at the dealership now and they are replacing front passenger strut.

mangus2k20rebel

Reaction score
I traded mine in with a the problems it had and it was going to be expensive to sue with no guarantee from my lawyer. So i used that money as a down payment for a 2020 rebel. So far seems to be a better quality of build of a truck.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
Well... The saga continues... Took my truck to the dealership to have the stereo replaced, but then needed to set another appointment to have the leaking panoramic sunroof replaced. After all, seven trips to the dealership is no inconvenience on my time at all. Finally made it in to have the sunroof leak repaired (See previous post where sunroof was replaced due to failing in the open position). Got the call from the dealer that my truck all set, and ready to go. Went and picked it up, and immediately noticed the truck had not been cleaned, or had any water spots on it from actually being leak checked after the repair. Took the truck home, and ran it through the car wash... Check out the picture! Nice repair work. Who installs and/or repairs a sunroof, and doesn't check their work? I am soo tired of going to the dealer for this truck... Called Ram Cares, and have escalated to a "buy out". I am not looking for a free hand-out here... Just a good truck.
IMG_4930.JPG

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well... The saga continues... Took my truck to the dealership to have the stereo replaced, but then needed to set another appointment to have the leaking panoramic sunroof replaced. After all, seven trips to the dealership is no inconvenience on my time at all. Finally made it in to have the sunroof leak repaired (See previous post where sunroof was replaced due to failing in the open position). Got the call from the dealer that my truck all set, and ready to go. Went and picked it up, and immediately noticed the truck had not been cleaned, or had any water spots on it from actually being leak checked after the repair. Took the truck home, and ran it through the car wash... Check out the picture! Nice repair work. Who installs and/or repairs a sunroof, and doesn't check their work? I am soo tired of going to the dealer for this truck... Called Ram Cares, and have escalated to a "buy out". I am not looking for a free hand-out here... Just a good truck.
View attachment 48748
Insane. Sorry to hear bout this. I know how frustrating it can be.

Good luck,
Neurobit

LeatherDog

Reaction score
Insane. Sorry to hear bout this. I know how frustrating it can be.

Good luck,
Neurobit

Thanks... At this point, I can't stand the truck even being in my driveway. I was soo excited to get the new 2019! I ran out and traded in a perfectly good 2017 Ram for it. Big mistake.

RamCares

Reaction score
View attachment 48748

I regret to hear of these ongoing concerns with your Ram, LeatherDog. As you have stated you already have a case created, we do recommend continuing to work your agent through the process. If you encounter any concerns getting in touch with them, please let us know.

Kate
RamCares

tdog65

Reaction score
Every time I see a Ram limited I start looking at them again. UNTIL I re read this thread. I have an 18 Ford King Ranch that has 52000 miles on it and runs and looks brand new. Only in shop twice for recalls. I really want a ram but I get scared every time I read all the problems that seem to be ongoing from over a year a go to the current day. I know all manufactures have issues but I read some of these on here and am shocked at the continued over and over issues they can't get fixed. Only had one other ram and I loved it but it did spend some time in the shop so my FCA isn't the best. Its a shame as they really do have a fantastic looking truck.

RamCares

Reaction score
Every time I see a Ram limited I start looking at them again. UNTIL I re read this thread. I have an 18 Ford King Ranch that has 52000 miles on it and runs and looks brand new. Only in shop twice for recalls. I really want a ram but I get scared every time I read all the problems that seem to be ongoing from over a year a go to the current day. I know all manufactures have issues but I read some of these on here and am shocked at the continued over and over issues they can't get fixed. Only had one other ram and I loved it but it did spend some time in the shop so my FCA isn't the best. Its a shame as they really do have a fantastic looking truck.

Hi tdog65,

If you decide to take the leap and find yourself in a new Ram, our team is available here and we are always more than happy to provide support regarding any potential questions or concerns!

Mark
RamCares

LeatherDog

Reaction score
Hi tdog65,

If you decide to take the leap and find yourself in a new Ram, our team is available here and we are always more than happy to provide support regarding any potential questions or concerns!

Mark
RamCares

Don't buy the new Ram... Wait a couple of more years. Ram Cares service is not good. They'll leave you hanging, and dealing with a process they've set-up to their own benefit. They are on here trying to make it look like they care, but it's all a smoke screen.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
I regret to hear of these ongoing concerns with your Ram, LeatherDog. As you have stated you already have a case created, we do recommend continuing to work your agent through the process. If you encounter any concerns getting in touch with them, please let us know.

Kate
RamCares

RamCares has been useless. Everything is designed to aid Ram, and not their customers. All I get is return trips to the dealer, and each time I get my truck back, it's dirtier than when I dropped it off. So sick of my Ram truck. Working on getting estimates for billboard space in Phoenix, on the main freeway through the City, stating to not buy the new Ram - Build quality is terrible. I think a few hundred thousand folks a day will see the billboard. Word will get around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/